FL Combi Dog Guard

Andy1974

I have just popped in to the dealers to collect a rubber boot mat , which I thought was reasonably priced compared to the last one I bought for the Saab.

I also asked about a dog guard, and I was told that they are £120.00 which is £££ but I can live with, followed by £120.00 for fitting, which has to be bolted into the car with special rivets and takes a couple of hours.

Also once fitted can't be removed.

I have 3 problems with this.

1: price

2: lease car

3: I would like to remove it.

Does anyone know if the above is correct as I feel the parts guy is wrong and what solutions have others done.

Cheers Andy.

Hi Andy

I had a Superb Combi and had this fitted with out the side extensions. Its very easy to fit and remove (3 mins) because it clamps onto the head rest bars, leaving no marks like others to the roof lining.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dog-Guard-For-Cars-With-Adjustable-Head-Rests-Universal-Made-By-Mont-Blanc-/271569404447?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item3f3acc421f

I have recently changed to a Superb Est and still use the same guard but now with the extensions. So I have had 4 years of use fitting and removing for only £50 via link, or £70 from Halfords.

It very strong and there is no way a dog can get through, It will give another 4 years of use and will transfer to another vehicle very easy.

I hope this helps.

Oh the guard is metal and coated so will not rust in a damp shed. also the clamps are strong plastic with metal bolts inside so will not mark.

I have a GUARDSMAN dog guard. I think it was around £120. Took about 10 mins to fit, no drilling or clamping. It also takes seconds to remove if needed. Good quality and good fit.

I got a dog installed on my Suberb at the dealership before picking it up. Once installed it can be removed quite easily.

I didn't realise Skoda dealers supplied dogs!!!. Are the RSPCA aware of this.

• Like 2

I didn't realise Skoda dealers supplied dogs!!!. Are the RSPCA aware of this.

Not usually, you have to ask very nicely (I think I should have proof read before posting, lol)

• Like 1

+1 for travall great fit and excellent quality. Beware though if you buy the divider check it fits. Mine is too short or the boot is too deep. My car is a 14 plate FL superb estate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My vote is for anything that doesn't require drilling and riveting.

I would also warn against any "universal" fitted guards that use a brace between the boot floor and the roof of the car. These will leave indents/tears/holes in your rooflining over time...

I would only consider universal fit when they are attached to the backseat headrests, but those take up too much rear visibility when up in the Superb, so no option for me.

Just my experience...