2015 Briskoda Photo Challenge Game

PastyBoy

Following the success of previous years here begins the 2015 photo challenge game (apologies for being a bit late.

The rules

• A challenge is set to take a specific photo of your car.
  • Briskodians take their Skodas (or other make for those members who have moved on to other (lesser) manufacturers) out into the wide world and take the required picture
  • Said picture is then uploaded online and posted here as evidence
  • the "win" is awarded" by the original challenge setter who confirms that the picture was what they expected.
  • the "winner" then sets the next challenge and so on and so forth

Challenges should be as generic as possible to give as many a chance at completing them. For example "A picture of your car on a beach" rather than "Your car on Brighton beach with an ice cream and a donkey and a mermaid"

A challenge setter may only complete their own challenge only if it has gone uncompleted for 1 week; and will be deducted a point from their prize for (1) setting a challenge no one else could complete, and (2) setting a challenge that stalled the game for a week.

Challenge amendments can also be made should you set something no-one - including you can do - but again you'll be deducted a point. Hopefully this'll stop the setting of crazy challenges which stall the game and keep things moving along nicely.

Points are awarded to the "winner" and bonus points to any one completing the challenge after a winner is awarded but before the next challenge is completed.

ie

Challenge 1 begins
Challenge 1 is completed
Challenge 2 is set
Bonus points still available for Challenge 1
Challenge 2 is completed
Bonus points for Challenge 1 cease and begin for Challenge 2

etc etc

So a rough guide to Scoring and the caveats that have crept in over the years

challenge completed with a Skoda earns 3 points

challenge completed with another marque earns 2 points

bonus picture earns 1 point

your own challenge completed after 1 week with a Skoda earns 2 points

your own challenge completed after 1 week with another marque earns 1 point

amendment of a challenge after setting of something ridiculous gets you -1 point

Hopefully that makes sense, but I'm sure it'll all become clear as it moves on.

As suggested at the end of the 2014 game given my production of a Briskoda calendar each year I will this year be offering a first and second prize to those at the top of the tree come new years day.

Wall calendar for the winner

Desk calendar for the runner up

Don't get too hung up on points making prizes though as this is meant, first and foremost, to be bit of fun and a way of getting Skoda's and our Briskoda members out and about.

so first challenge of 2015

#1 - Your car pictured with under a tree 

caveat in that i would like to see the whole car and the whole tree

Get out there and enjoy

• Like 3

Bugger, I could have done that with the tree in the garden, but was waiting a couple of hours until I went to my parents old house to put it under the 60ft nightmares their neighbours let go out of control :( 

I will attempt to keep more up to date this year with monthly score updates and this post kept updated with a list of the challenges as a quick reference guide, to avoid duplicates.

I shall remind you of this in 2 months time when we haven't heard from you. :p.  At some point, if possible, can you publish our final scores from last years game in that thread.

I, as a veteran of the game will be playing it. Of course this doesn't stop new members joining it, which we always welcome.

You try parking "under" a conifer then  :D

Try buying a better tree.

I would do the challenge with our trees out back but I'd have to go round the back of the house, and that's the bad side of town and I aint going there. :no:

You try parking "under" a conifer then  :D

That was my intention 60+feet tall ones :( and car would be 100% under their overhang

I was thinking more like this

6552708107_2446da396e_z.jpg

Than "next" to a conifer

I shall remind you of this in 2 months time when we haven't heard from you. :p.  At some point, if possible, can you publish our final scores from last years game in that thread.

Feel free Jim but hopefully you won't need to :p

And yes no problem about 2014 I'll unlock and post the final scores in due course once I hVe the mega spreadsheet updated

• Like 1

Than "next" to a conifer

And yes no problem about 2014 I'll unlock and post the final scores in due course once I hVe the mega spreadsheet updated

Or like January in the calendar :D 

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Than "next" to a conifer

Fair enough, I'll drag her out again in a bit if I'm feeling that way inclined

Cheers Pasty.

#2 - Your car under the moon

It's pretty close to a full moon tonight, and appears to be fairly clear over most of the country, so should be doable quickly. (And by moon I mean the lunar body - not your exhibitionist one!!)

• Like 1

Minus points for a Zafira on the drive? :notme:

That'll be my dad's, I like to think I have the better car. There's an old BMW 318 on the other side of the zafira, that would probably lose me even more points  :x