Got my quote back today on a new estate

So....

Corrida Red, 110 TSi, manual, SEL with clubber wheels, sports suspension, sunset glass, super sport MFSW and space saver.

15k per annum

42 month PCP

£500 deposit contribution

£500 from me

How much??

Are you ready?

£321 PCM.

£321!!!!! For fecks sake!

GMFV is a shade over 5k only.

£321 is what I was paying for a 170 twin door elegance Superb in March this year!!

Skoda have seriously lost their way!!!!

• Like 1

£321 is just bonkers isn't it. My M135i doesn't cost massively more than that per month and I didn't put any deposit down on it...

The pi$$-poor MGFV is bumping up the repayments significantly.

It would be better to look at leasing a far nicer car for much less money.

• Like 2

£321 a month for any Fabia is a lot of money even with no deposit.

Wait 6 months and shop around, prices will drop and the deals will come.

Better still wait the same time and find a SEAT dealer. The new Ibiza estate will be out soon. SEAT are now where Skoda was 5 years ago.

My deal so far for comparison:

Otr discount price £16940

1.2 tsi SE L dsg estate

Corrida red

17'' wheels

Sports suspension

Deposit £4000 plus £500 dealer contribution

35 months £200

10k mileage a year

Final payment £7600

Edited by Ad Lav

i've not done Finance calcs yet, but i am seriously confused.  I have decided next year i will treat myself to something around £20k.

So out of interest i specced up the dream spec Fabia with 1.2 TSI ( that bits not dream but its the best on offer) price comes in at £19700,  Ok so lets price a Polo Gti up with DSG and a few similar must haves like Climate and The adaptive cruise and dynamic suspension........£21,205............

Serious, what the hell is going on, top end Polo vs mid spec Fabia, there really is no choice

I really really do not understand the VAG pricing structure anymore, they all seem to be the same price, all you do is choose which badge you want.

One thing that does not lie though is the used car market, start prices may be similar but 3yr residual figures really don't lie

Seriously ballesed this new launch up Skoda.

£321 a month for any Fabia is a lot of money even with no deposit.

Wait 6 months and shop around, prices will drop and the deals will come.

Better still wait the same time and find a SEAT dealer. The new Ibiza estate will be out soon. SEAT are now where Skoda was 5 years ago.

damn, that means 5 yrs of blown engines......lol

skoda is now where Audi were 5 yrs ago, oh hang on who are we kidding, today

Which ever way you look at it, that is FAR too much money!!!

The superb was with £100 deposit only so makes this look even worse.

I can't see how 6 months less of a term and 10k not 15k equals a GFMV of 7 and a half. No way. But in any event £4k deposit is definitely gonna get it down!

10% deposit on PCP is the norm so here, that would be £1900. Anything more than that is just dead money.

Is the car going to be worth more than £7600 after 3 years?

Is it going to keep much of my deposit? Probably not.

I may wait for 0% - £1500 of interest on that deal goes against deposit etc

• Like 1

Wow, that's expensive!

I can't see the point of a Pcp if you are going to put down any more then a few hundred pounds as a deposit, unless you are definitely going to buy the car at the end.

• Like 2

If you're planning on keeping it then normal HP would be better or a personal loan, PCPs only make sense if you change your car every couple of years or so as it means you keep the payments low without having to worry about depreciation as much.

The added bonus of a PCP is the deposit is low because the GFMV would be higher but if you're chopping it in then you never have to pay it.

Edited by Gazbull17

If it's 0% finance it's a cheap way to buy a car but I agree, Pcp makes sense when you change cars regularly but I can't see the point of paying any more than a small deposit, it's just throwing money away.

• Like 1

These numbers make our current mk2 vRS estate seem an absolute steal: £1500 down (didn't actually pay this tho as was the equity rolled over from last car) and £200/month.

I'd rather have a top-spec Fiesta ST-3 on a lease for £500 down and £200 per month rather than any of the above PCP deals....

http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Ford_Fiesta-1-6-ecoboost-st-3-3-door-58520.htm?pl=t

There are a few lenders doing personal loans at around 4% at the moment so will be going down that route when I go to chop in my current car.

I cant get my head around PCP. I feel if I am actually going to own the car I will take more care looking after it because the more I look after it, the more pride I`ll have for it and hopefully will get a better trade in.......

Edited by threadbear

The prices of the new Fabia are overly high, I must agree. Just went to see a hatch 1.2TSi DSG with some pretty decent spec (cant remember specific) and the local asking price here was approx. 17 200 £

Thats crazy. Octavia is like 1500 £ more.

So....

Corrida Red, 110 TSi, manual, SEL with clubber wheels, sports suspension, sunset glass, super sport MFSW and space saver.

15k per annum

42 month PCP

£500 deposit contribution

£500 from me

How much??

Are you ready?

£321 PCM.

£321!!!!! For fecks sake!

GMFV is a shade over 5k only.

£321 is what I was paying for a 170 twin door elegance Superb in March this year!!

Skoda have seriously lost their way!!!!

Thats more than I pay for my current 2013 vRS estate, and I don't have a mileage limit (HP) and I will own it.... and I put only £100 deposit down.

Hmm, I just did a price up for a similar spec that I got when I got my now ex Fabia.

Old car: Fabia II Level 3 57 reg 1.9TDI 105bhp, with ESP and a few other add-ons = £14000

New car: Fabia III SEL 1.4TDI 105bhp, with a few add-ons to make it a similar spec as the old one = £18100 = 29% increase. WTF.

Might as well get a Polo.

They have seriously got the figures wrong somewhere.