2014 Octavia VRS Cruise control installation

Hi,

Just bought the VRS from main dealer (7 months old) and I was told it would come with cruise control - well mine hasn't! 

So how can I get one retro-fitted ? I can see kits on ebay, but I see the ECU needs a poke for it to be activated and I do not have the gear for that - so any places I could go to in the South of England to get one supplied and fitted ?

Thanks

Thanks - looks like a no-no at the mo-mo...

I've got so used to having it on my other cars, that I find myself constantly checking my speed... also liked it for town driving to ensure I am doing 30 or 40mph... I would not be happy getting a ticket for doing 35 mph !

• Like 1

Had the same problem with my demonstrator from a franchised Skoda dealer. Advert claimed it had cruise but it didn't. I hadn't spotted this before driving away. Settled on paying half each for it to be retrofitted. Took ages to sort out, but work was done by Accutek just outside Winchester for about £330. Proper OEM parts and the necessary recoding done. No hesitation in recommending them. See http://www.accutek.co.uk/

Yeah, retro fit possible recently... I think by skoda dealers also see...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/334595-can-cruise-control-be-retro-fitted/?hl=%2Bcruise+%2Bcontrol#entry4042466

Possible reason for incorrect adverts is that cruise is now standard spec on VRS but wasn't when I initially looked at one 6 months back - hence dealer just picks up VRS spec from standard details and it states cruise.

Would suggest dealer should sort this if it was in the deal/advert.

Possible reason for incorrect adverts is that cruise is now standard spec on VRS but wasn't when I initially looked at one 6 months back - hence dealer just picks up VRS spec from standard details and it states cruise.

Would suggest dealer should sort this if it was in the deal/advert.

Not sure of British law, but at least here in Finland the seller is responsible of making sure the product is as advertised. So if they advertised cruise, they should install it free of charge.

Not sure of British law, but at least here in Finland the seller is responsible of making sure the product is as advertised. So if they advertised cruise, they should install it free of charge.

In the UK an advert is legally what's called an 'invitation to treat', it doesn't form a contract hence it depends what the actual signed paperwork says so strictly the advert doesn't matter, but I'd gave thought they'd do it in good faith if it isn't noted in the purchase paperwork. It maybe the advert is referenced in the purchase paperwork and thus is part of the deal.

Whatever the legal position, worth making a fuss to save £300 ish

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a pre registered one, which didn't have cruise.  Took no effort at all to throw in the retro fit for cruise for nothing.  If it's advertised as having cruise a dealer should fit it free.  I think my dealer said it cost them £220

I thought the VRS had cruise as standard. I must be confusing it with the MFSW

Cruise was optional on the vRS to start with - but became standard on MY2015 (production from June 2014).

• 2 weeks later...

Isnt that right the OEM retrofit kit comes with a use once SD card that codes the car through the infotainment or something and works providing the correct stalk assembly has been fitted?

Im sure this has been mentioned somewhere but unsure if it is just urban legend.

My retrofit (£350 from main dealer) came with all the parts they were supplied with, inc the old stalks and the DVD case. From what the technician told me, and what I can see, its just a sealed case, with 2 codes in the back, no actual disk or sd card. My pics are on pages 2 and 3 here : http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/288726-retrofitting-cruise-control/page-3

• 4 months later...

It's good to see sense has prevailed at skoda and it's being fitted as standard on the vrs. I drove a loaner one few months ago and was surprised how spartan the spec was inside.

• 4 weeks later...

The cruise control kit comes with a software activation info but what that actually does I don't know because I fitted one recently and still had to adjust the coding in both the ecu and steering module to get it working, could very have been yours andavimo.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Looks like cc can be added to the early OCTAVIA vRS but has anyone managed to retrofit ACC?

Cheers

Dave

Probably far too much extra kit needed.

I wondered this too. I have normal cruise and front assist radar, so apart from ACC stalk not not sure what controllers are different? Edited by Black_Sheep

Just to clarify, and also confirm what others say - ordinary cruise CAN be retro-fitted. Costs around £330. Dealers have to identify the specific car when they order the parts, AFAIK there are a couple of steering column bits that can vary - this was the case with my previous 2013 SE.