VRS Designed Footrest

Morning guys/girls

One thing that I don't like in my VRS is the plain black footrest, compared to the look of the peddles.

Has anyone purchased one of these from Superskoda?

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RHD-VRS-designed-footrest-for-RHD-cars-DSG-TRANSMISSION

If so what is the quality and fit like?

Also a pic of one fitted would be great.

Thanks

Edited by N700DLE

I read on several German O3 RS forums that people are using the golf 7 GTI footrest

here's one for example: http://octavia-rs.com/index.php/thread/17631-gti-fussstuetze-fuer-o3/

a picture in post 6 and the catalogue number in post 8.

I will do the same. Just easier to pop down to my local VW dealer and just get it. should be around 20€ around here.

HTH

• 1 month later...

It's done. product code 5Q1864551 costs 17€ without tax from the local VW dealer. This is for left hand drive cars, not sure what the code for the right hand drive cars would be.

It's easy to fit (5 minutes tops without any special tools).

and looks like this:

post-119647-0-41595000-1425374859_thumb.jpg

post-119647-0-43510100-1425374862_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I bought one from superskoda and it is good quality. Almost identical to the original black one but with the stainless look to match my pedals.

Took me about 5 mins to fit but I did need a t20 torx driver to get the 1 screw out. Then push up to disengage the lugs on the inside and it's off. Fitting the new one is easy. Engage the lugs and slide down. (Can be a little stiff) replace screw on right hand side and then admire your handy work.

post-23584-0-41736700-1482359545_thumb.jpg

post-23584-0-83698500-1482359594_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScubaTim

This title really got my hopes up - thought perhaps someone was selling a RH footrest (for RHD). I still miss the two footrests on the Octavia 2, even though many people have explained that I should be grateful for what we get in the Octavia 3.

• 7 months later...
On 07/08/2017 at 13:34, MattChr said:

Wish there was a footrest for your right foot, RHD model, like with the MK2...

Hear, hear.

Said this myself before without much agreement, glad to see someone shares this view (not that VAG will be paying any attention unfortunately). 

Makes no difference without cruise control but footrest made using cruise a lot more comfortable, even more crucially my right foot was always ideally placed for a quick transition to brake or accelerator if required. As such I would argue that the footrest enhances safety when using cruise.

I now use cruise a lot less than  I did with my Octavia 2.

The annoying thing is that to reinstate the footrest would not even require an additional part - just a change to the shape of one plastic moulding.

On 8/7/2017 at 13:34, MattChr said:

Wish there was a footrest for your right foot, RHD model, like with the MK2...

Presumably the underlying wheelarch is the same shape on both sides of the car. I wonder if you could use the footrest from a LHD car as a prototype, then 3D print a mirror copy?