Dan's Octavia mk2 vRS TDI

DanHam

Blame Alex_e3.

I drove his fabia with that 2260 fitted. Jesus Christ I can't get the thought out of my head ever since!

**** you Alex :(

I'm going to struggle getting away from the shove of the PD engine if I'm honest. Love it!

Must be immense in one of those Fabia's!

You can get a GTB for the Octy but not many people have messed about with them! So there's not much out there to read or go off.

I would like to get mine on dyno really to see what it's pushing out!

Couldn't you be the guinea pig Dan?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I'm not sure the Octy is that kind of car tbh. Would be better off going for the petrol version and using what I'd spend modding this on running that.

I've been out in a KO4'd Leon which is basically same setup as Octy, ran about 360bhp it was mental quick!!

Just bolt a 2260 on and leave the rest :)

You're not the first person to say that. Apparently standard fmic is more than adequate. I spoke to one lad who ran GTB2566 turbo and uprated one ran higher intake temps than standard....

I still need to pay you a visit soon to do some messing about ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Boo, this is going to be up for sale when I get back off holiday. Alex's 2260 fabia has tipped me over the edge and I'm getting another fabia! :D

• Like 3

You really going back to the Fabia mate.

Why not GTB the taxi ?

Yeh dude fabia!

I want something can take on track such as at the Combe days, the Octy is far too nice a car for anything like that it would pain me to take it on track! :(

I sort of see where your coming from mate.

Still would consider keeping and tuning, should be able to push a fabia easily with the same set-up while driving in luxury lol

I've done a bit of research, a tuning company reckon I could get 300bhp without too much trouble on the standard intercooler.....

• Like 1

out of interest Dan did you get the EGR delete and remap??

Been plagued by the PD stutter for a few years, and even after new/replacement engine it's still rearing its ugly head!!!

It was already mapped and already EGR deleted we found out when fitting the EGR delete!

But we still fitted the darkside pipe and done it properly rather than just used blanking plates. The EGR delete was done but it wasn't removed from the map so still occasionally shown an error code, the map was then changed and increased the boost slightly as I'd had the DPF back exhaust too! Massive difference in power over the basic stage 1 map.

I find the car drives, runs and it's about 4-5 mpg average better on Shell fuel as opposed to the supermarket garbage!

• 4 weeks later...

Good news!

I'm keeping this!

Fitted spoiler diffuser yesterday and also de-badged and removed the 'shark' stickers from the rear as the shark map will be changing soon ;)

Got 2 new tyres to fit on the front then I'll be on maxxis maz3 all round! Few other bits and bobs need doing when I've got some more time. Ideally brakes really do need uograding! I don't like the feedback they give and they look small behind the 18s.

Another big update to come within the next couple of months too and I'm also hoping to employ baldy Alex_e3 and his superb polishing skills to give it a once over. Probably not as in depth as the fabia was but it will look better I am sure.

• Like 3

Jedon't'm gonna be spending most of my summer holidays off work on your motor ;)

Poor you, suppose you lazy arsed teachers don't get many holidays per year to be fair...........
  • Like 1

I'm tempted to get a few areas of the car touched up.....de-badged it yesterday! Can very faintly see 'octavia' still but you have to look really hard for it.

Also that car park ding on the rear quarter needs sorting that some inconsiderate bellend did whilst I was in work!