The West Meon Hut #24 the I miss Melissa, her legs and her service and her legs and her smile,,,

@Lee

That looks lovely mate. The darker wheels will set that right off. Get it done.

Would be interested in seeing what those are like.

The Clio is fine. Very french, but a good drive. Apart from deciding it would rather not have a drivers side wiper and chucking it into the road at 30mph.

I miss my Octy. Bloody driveshafts.

Fn hell, he could drive a bus if he tried !!! LOL 

That looks lovely mate. The darker wheels will set that right off. Get it done.

Would be interested in seeing what those are like.

The Clio is fine. Very french, but a good drive. Apart from deciding it would rather not have a drivers side wiper and chucking it into the road at 30mph.

I miss my Octy. Bloody driveshafts.

I've never understood why the Clio wipers are the wrong way around, did they forget to switch them on the RH drive version? 

The Suzuki goes well, it has just the right power and puts it down well. It gets to about 4000rpm and suddenly just takes off all the way up to 7000. It sounds great too even as standard. As it only weighs about 1.03 tonnes it doesn't need a turbo or 180bhp. Its alot more fun than the Fiesta ST for example but obviously wouldn't keep up with one of those or Ben's Clio. All the current hot hatches seem to weigh at least 200kg more than their predecessors. The Fiesta ST is almost on par with an Octavia I think, that's crazy!

Weather permitting hopefully we can do a few drives next week after months without being able to safely.

• Like 3

I've never understood why the Clio wipers are the wrong way around, did they forget to switch them on the RH drive version? 

The Suzuki goes well, it has just the right power and puts it down well. It gets to about 4000rpm and suddenly just takes off all the way up to 7000. It sounds great too even as standard. As it only weighs about 1.03 tonnes it doesn't need a turbo or 180bhp. Its alot more fun than the Fiesta ST for example but obviously wouldn't keep up with one of those or Ben's Clio. All the current hot hatches seem to weigh at least 200kg more than their predecessors. The Fiesta ST is almost on par with an Octavia I think, that's crazy!

Weather permitting hopefully we can do a few drives next week after months without being able to safely.

I'd like to see how it performs definitely :)

Indeed.

My daily driver has air ride and a 4 litre engine.

Shame it also weighs 7.5t before passengers.15173849123_9f90ee0f9d_m.jpg

4 litres? Is that all? Mine's a 9.8 litre and weighs less than that despite having an extra deck. Some of these modern double deckers are getting stupidly heavy. That's progress apparently.

post-98319-0-85455000-1425161751_thumb.jpg

4 litres? Is that all? Mine's a 9.8 litre and weighs less than that despite having an extra deck. Some of these modern double deckers are getting stupidly heavy. That's progress apparently.

So... when am I allowed to have a go? :P

We have some Scania ADL single deckers which weigh 12T. :D

Well I do now have my own key to the yard, (it's locked at 6pm) so I can take it out in the evenings. So if one of the summer meets coincides with me having a Wednesday off I'll think about it.

Modern buses are ridiculously heavy and thirsty. I get 12mpg out of mine and yet TfL are pleased that they are getting about 8 out of their new buses with this newfangled hybrid technology. My bus has no chassis, just a very strong all aluminium body that LT designed using the experience they gained building aircraft during the war. Modern bus builders could learn a lot from a Routemaster.

• Like 1

Bad news chaps - afraid i'm not going to be able to make it either - work stuff means I now need to be in the West End all day on Tuesday instead of being in Hook, so not really practical to get to the meet in the evening.

Hope it goes well, see you next month.

Got to be in Fareham at 5.30 for a meeting, no idea how long that's going to be :(

Fareham's only a few mins away. Sure you can still get there for dinner. I can call you with an 'urgent issue that needs your attention' ;)

• Like 1