VCDS - XDS and other tweaks on 2011 car?

Finally getting around to having some VCDS tweaks and have some questions.

Anyone enabled XDS on a 2011 manual 1.8TSI 4x4 SE or similar?

The other tweaks I am looking at include:

Big digital speedo, display cruise control speed.

Dipping door mirror when reverse selected.

Car already has hill hold, rain sensing wipers.

Are all the tweaks active for both keys and not just the key used when running VCDS?

Thanks

D

The cruise control speed display may work for you as you have a petrol engine. It doesn't work on my 2011 diesel.

The dipping door mirror AFAIK is only available on cars with electric adjusting seats as the same module that remembers the seat positions also remembers the mirror and dipped mirror position.

I'd love to find out whether XDS can be enabled on a 2WD car, as it would probably have got me up an icy mountain road I was trying a few weeks ago, where one wheel kept spinning on me on a steep section of the road - a 4x4 in very off road tyres was the only vehicle to get further up it based on the tyre marks though, so I probably did alright. Most descriptions I can find for the ESP/ESC system say it individually brakes the rear wheels to stabilise the car, so there may be no chance of this working on the 2WD cars. I thought it came as standard on all the 4WD cars though.

Fitting this would be better as it's actually a limited slip diff: 

- it's a very similar layout to the haldex clutch used to engage the rear wheels on the 4WD cars.

The cruise control speed display may work for you as you have a petrol engine. It doesn't work on my 2011 diesel.

Does not work on my 2010 diesel.

Edited by MrBart

XDS works fine on my 2wd 2012 170cr estate.

I applies the brake to the spinning wheel without cutting the power.

Do you get any warning light in the car when this happens? I'm wondering if I just had no grip at all at that point... No warning light while the wheels were spinning once traction control was turned off.

I turned XDS on, on my 2010 2.0TDi CR SE (2WD) althoguh not noticed any warning lights or anything (unless I've not had it kick in :rofl: ) and tried the Cruise Control Display but nothing showed... Although i have activated the dipping passenger mirror, but as you say it appears to lose it's positioning and doesn't return to it's original position - no biggie i guess if it's only used occasionally as you can re-set the mirror position afterwards. :thumbup:

Where's would I find the coding for turning on the XDS? I might be able to have a look at it this weekend and at least check whether it's there or not. If it's not activated it definitely should be. I'm hoping to get it remapped next month, so it'll potentially be even more useful then.

Although i have activated the dipping passenger mirror, but as you say it appears to lose it's positioning and doesn't return to it's original position - no biggie i guess if it's only used occasionally as you can re-set the mirror position afterwards. :thumbup:

There is a step missing in the instructions for this in the manual so that may be why it isn't working as it should?

I can't remember off hand which step it is but there is a post on here somewhere which gives the nmissing step as that is what i used to set mine up.

There is a step missing in the instructions for this in the manual so that may be why it isn't working as it should?

I can't remember off hand which step it is but there is a post on here somewhere which gives the nmissing step as that is what i used to set mine up.

I think this may be the thread you are referring to (by stuarttunstall)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/321172-reverse-nearside-mirror/

Post #21 in particular should help.  I think its the line 'Press the button SET' that is missing.  I actually remember this when I tried mine a few years back as it took me a while to figure it as well.  Proof reading could be a bit better on the (presumably) translated documents as manuals need to be 100% when you dealing with step-by-step instructions.  I've noticed it in a few sections of the manual. 

• Like 1

That's the step.... I tried for ages when I got mine before I realised that this step was missing :)

Basically when setting for reverse, press the SET button BEFORE you choose the memory position.. 

The dealer tells me the pages are not missing, when I showed him the manual he said they had been taken out by the previous owner, I went to an unregistered 170 4x4 facelift took the manual from the glove box, guess what it was missing from there also? he said he would look into to this for me, guess what still waiting? more bull **** from the dealers