mirrorlink

stug45

Dealer here is getting a phone call tomorrow. I want to know the exact bw. It says in the Israeli brochure "upgraded bolero system" but there are many cars built before bw 22.... on the other hand, not even a word regarding to Mirrorlink nor Smartgate here so getting confused more and more!

Got.this from skoda official Facebook Page today!

Hi, SmartLink is only available with the new infotainment system, and cannot be additionally installed to in-car device produced before calendar week 22. New systems are not yet available to be bought separately, for further info please contact the dealer. Kind regards ŠKODA

Skoda Sweden har replied on their facebook page:

"Today there is no possibility to update Mirror link to Smart link. We are investigating whether it will be possible to upgrade or not and are discussing with the factory. We will inform the dealers if there is any update to this issue"

www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/brochure_fabia.pdf

That's a brochure for the Mk II.

May 2015... If they fall back on 'our brochure and advertising was accurate as of (when your car was ordered)'... Then they really are stooping to a whole new level of sucking a$$

@blakeo1987 Hi Ollie. Thanks for your tweet. We're talking to our team about this right now and hope to have an answer for you soon.

Hmmmm, I will send them the same message everyday on Facebook and Twitter until we have an answer, not on really. Properly being mushroomed.

ŠKODA UK Morning Ollie. We've just responded to your tweet, too. We're treating this with a matter of urgency and trying to get an answer for you as soon as possible.

At least we know its not a robot!

Edited by Blakeo1987

Spoke to my dealer.

As he ordered the same car and his is already at the port, he is trying to postpone his delivery to july like me.

Also, he will talk to the product manager here in Israel to get response about the "upgraded" Bolero meaning And whether all the new functions are arriving with it to Israel as it depends also ofnwhat the importer decided as standard for the SE L (Style here) as standard.

Definitely worth contacting the media about it. I think it would give the issue wider publicity and force Skoda into a response, if it was coordinated by the Briskoda site itself it would carry more weight and be some free publicity for the site too.

@blakeo1987 No date yet but we're working to get an official response. We'll come back to you once we know.

They replied this through Twitter.

Not sure whether the Skoda UK people are the right people to ask, it sounds as if they get there information from somewhere else.

I wonder how many sales this lack of information is costing them, not to mention the damage to their reputation with existing customers?

I was all set to buy and joined here to find a good local dealer and on the off chance found out about the mirror link issue and stopped my dead in my tracks until things get sorted. If Skoda don't treat their existing customers fairly then I will have to reconsider my choice of car.

Don't be too put off UsefulG. I've driven hundreds of cars in the Police and privately and this new Fabia is top notch. The tech is very good and the Bolero is very good...but we all hate missing out on something better for the same money by a few days/weeks. Skoda should realise this and compensate. They would SAVE money in the long run by the good will this would generate. Despite all this, at the moment I feel my next car will be another Skoda albeit with a bit more planning!  :happy:

• Like 3

I sent this to Skoda UK on Twitter

Can you tell why my new Fabia being built this week will not have smartlink pls .This will be my 14th Skoda and last if this not sorted.

Then I just got this reply

Hello Michael. We're receiving a lot of questions about this and are checking with our team. We'll come back to you with an official answer.

I have asked for the timescale for a reply I bet I don't get a reply in the 15 minutes like the first one .still no reply on Facebook though.

Just called Skoda UK about the Brochure being online - they didn't even know about it.

Hopefully we should get some answers within the next fortnight, around week 22 I have been informed, so just have to suck it up for now.

Hope that there is some resolution at that point, will do no-one any favours if this drags on and on.

It would have been a no brainer for Amundsen sat-nav for £275 at the point of ordering, with the other option being buying a £400 Mirrorlink compatible smartphone, plus a £73 Sygic app which may or may not work.

I would have taken the £200 saving thanks very much, and I think I speak for pretty much all the mk3 Fabia owners on that one.

Come on Skoda, reaffirm that as a car company you are different to the rest and show us that top notch customer care!

• Like 1

Just called Skoda UK about the Brochure being online - they didn't even know about it.

Hopefully we should get some answers within the next fortnight, around week 22 I have been informed, so just have to suck it up for now.

Hope that there is some resolution at that point, will do no-one any favours if this drags on and on.

It would have been a no brainer for Amundsen sat-nav for £275 at the point of ordering, with the other option being buying a £400 Mirrorlink compatible smartphone, plus a £73 Sygic app which may or may not work.

I would have taken the £200 saving thanks very much, and I think I speak for pretty much all the mk3 Fabia owners on that one.

Come on Skoda, reaffirm that as a car company you are different to the rest and show us that top notch customer care!

Couldn't agree more!

Called my Dealer and asked if I could upgrade to the Amundsen after the car is built (which is happening this week), and he didn't even know of Amundsen was an option on the Mark 3 Fabia! I would more than happily have upgraded for £275!

Come on Skoda!

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 1

I don't want Sygic.

I want android auto to work.

As promised along with apple car play.

There must be a way round this.

Again, my newly delivered Fab is said to support even Iphones. As I never succeded to agree with Apples lousy products it cant be tested at the moment but Im going to visit my apple-saved son this coming weekend, and being a professionel computer vizard as well, poor sod, Ill let him do some settings and testings. Ill let you know :)

I've added my comments to the Skoda UK page.

I expect someone to make a statement.

They are fully aware of briskoda so there will be no issues with them not knowing about this thread.

Added my 2p worth today. 

I got a response at last of face book no joy though quote

Hey Mick. We're still working on the answer to this but please don't think it's been forgotten. We'll get back to you as soon as we know.

It's on Skoda UK Facebook with the blue Fabia head turning technology .so the wait goes on .

• Like 1

I think it is just a waiting game now really, I remember someone saying that they would let us know in a fortnight, if we don't hear anything by 25th May I guess we can ask again!