1.2 TSI remap options

Is this Remaps for the New Fabia not yet with private owners yet?

Maybe some VW Polo FL owners have invalidated their warranty already, but you will need to wait a bit i would think before 

owners of the New Skoda have experience of them standard, and with a Remap.

Yes you are probably right. As the engine sits on other models, Polo as you mentioned, I was hoping there are a few options out there already. I found out there is one company in Sweden remapping the (Polo) 1.2 TSI 90 and 110 ps to 130 ps and 215 nm torque, so exactly the same figure for both power outputs.

Any link to them?

& are they saying they have remapped already or that they can remap them?

Many in the UK say what is possible and they can do,

but are slow to come back when you ask how many they have actually done.

At least if you get yours done first it should be done 'Free Gratis'.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 7 months later...

Interesting link (and a bit of thread resurrection I know :) )... note that VW Group have a 1.0 TSi with 110PS nowadays, and the new EA211 1.2 TSi is 16v so maybe breathes better.

I guess in theory a 1.2 TSi with 20% more cc's might get 20% more than the 1.0 TSi ...meaning ~132PS from the 1.2 TSi. I see the Peugeot 1.2 3-cylinder is also 130PS, so that should not be an engine-breaking figure for the TSi unit.  

Yes you are probably right. As the engine sits on other models, Polo as you mentioned, I was hoping there are a few options out there already. I found out there is one company in Sweden remapping the (Polo) 1.2 TSI 90 and 110 ps to 130 ps and 215 nm torque, so exactly the same figure for both power outputs.

215 nm wow loads.

• 4 weeks later...

ABT have a secondary ECU tune they tell me will work on the new 1.2 TSI. Quoting 100kw and 225nm. Price is a bit high though.

I'm also told APR will be out with a tune by December with similar figures.

Still tossing up over whether to do it or not - don't want to lose my warranty unnecessarily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

135ps is what you would expect it to be able to produce since the Euro 5 emission 1.2 TSI remapped could.

What do you mean about losing the Warranty unnecessarily, 

you ether want the extra power or not,

if you do then you probably no longer have the Manufacturers Warranty if you needed to make a claim on engine or drive train issues.

So just do not make a claim, any engine issues and pay for them yourself.

?

Why does anyone in the UK wanting a remap not offer their 1.2 TSI to Shark Performance 

or some other Remappers as a development car, and maybe they will give you some sort 

of guarantee or cover costs if there was any failures.?

More along the lines of how much the warranty would be affected vs the actual power gain. Ie if the car is making more power but is still within engineering limits, would the gearbox still be covered.

More along the lines of how much the warranty would be affected vs the actual power gain. Ie if the car is making more power but is still within engineering limits, would the gearbox still be covered.

Short answer = no

Nah. You mess with it.. You lose warranty instantly on all parts related to what you have done.

Regarding the remap.. Isnt the 110 a 16v engine, and the 105 an 8v?

If so, might be possible to get abit more than 130bhp maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

Someone is already running a map from shark on the Mk3 110bhp it might be worth calling them if your interested.

Calling the owner of the mapped car? Doubt they would be happy to get calls! ;)

Nothing on the Shark website (indeed their blogs seem to have been taken down...) but would be interested in reading a review of the map results...

• 1 month later...

I scheduled remap for saturday for Fabia 3 1.2 TSI 110 PS. Few days ago I was on dyno and this is graph for stock car.

58c767e72a387a4a867274ccf0628597.jpg

I'll write impressions here. Expect 130 PS and 220 Nm :)

• Like 1

Yes, but I didn't go on dyno yet. Fabia is more agressive, I'm very satisfied. :)

Last night I had some duel with Zafira OPC and Merc E w212 220 CDI, and Fabia is little faster.

In next 7 days I will go on dyno again so I will post graph.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Edited by Markkoni