New buckets required

littleade

http://car-chem.com/store/accessories/detailing-bucket

I currently have 2 15L buckets that are not really big enough- I often spill some water on the kitchen floor because I've got them full up, and even then like today this wasn't enough so I had to go back inside and get some more water. I have the grit guards already so don't need those so was looking at the above which come out at around £20 with the postage. Has anyone tried them or have any other suggestions.

Also as the postage is the same no matter what has anyone tried their luxury car shampoo as 5L is only £28.99 or should I stick with AG shampoo conditioner or megs gold

cheers

Ade

Wickes plastering buckets, they're only £7 each iirc

Was about to recommend the very same, I use one of these as a wash bucket and a black megs one for rinse so I can always tell them apart.  

But have to say the carchem ones do look rather posh.

Regarding the shampoo I think Ben is a fan of one of the car-chem shampoos, I'm sure he'll be along soon enough.

Was about to recommend the very same, I use one of these as a wash bucket and a black megs one for rinse so I can always tell them apart.  

But have to say the carchem ones do look rather posh.

Regarding the shampoo I think Ben is a fan of one of the car-chem shampoos, I'm sure he'll be along soon enough.

oh and the is a 12% off over £20 on detailing world, havent posted a link as not sure whether against the rules.

• Like 1

Wickes plastering buckets. Especially if you have a big, hairy wash mitt like a DoDo Juice Yeti!

Then buy stickers from eBay for £3.50 to identify the two buckets.

Neither do I...

But my buckets are very tall so I don't think it would make any difference.

I try to be really gentle in my rinse bucket and then do an extra rinse in the shampoo bucket. The shampoo bucket is always crystal clear so I'm happy without them

• Like 1

I always thought I could manage without them..on my own car

I would never car wash without them on a clients' vehicle

You've got to cover all the bases buddy. Not too necessary before any correction work but more so for maintenance washes.

My cars are pretty clean before I touch them due to the prewash.

I forgot to post this before - My Wickes plasterer's buckets (under £7 each) with Maxolen stickers (£3.50 a pair from eBay) and a very large DoDo Juice Yeti Wash Mitt.

Will be getting them out again at the start of next week if it doesn't rain.

post-59543-0-81691700-1423928406_thumb.jpg

PS: The water in both buckets is fresh, so I have no idea as to why the rinse bucket is already 'cloudy' unless it was from the brand new wash mitt...

• Like 1

Cheers Karl, I've not ordered any yet as I've spent enough already this month on other detailing stuff but they'll be the next things I buy, though still undecided whether to go carchem or wicks.....decisions decisions......

I forgot to post this before - My Wickes plasterer's buckets (under £7 each) with Maxolen stickers (£3.50 a pair from eBay) and a very large DoDo Juice Yeti Wash Mitt.

Will be getting them out again at the start of next week if it doesn't rain.

attachicon.gifIMG_4610.jpg

PS: The water in both buckets is fresh, so I have no idea as to why the rinse bucket is already 'cloudy' unless it was from the brand new wash mitt...

OK it may be just that I'm a tight Yorkshire lad, but why spend the £3.50 on the stickers when a permanent marker can do the same?

OK it may be just that I'm a tight Yorkshire lad, but why spend the £3.50 on the stickers when a permanent marker can do the same?

You haven't seen my writing!

And they were a Christmas present.

But, yes. A permanent marker would be cheaper and have more uses.

• Like 1

You "should" only really need a grit guard in the rinse bucket , if grit is getting into the wash bucket then you arent rinsing well enough ;)