Beef's scratch built ditchmeister

B33fy

Thanks Mike, so do I. :)

Limped the car up to the garage this morning rather than chance it through rush hour tomorrow. 4th all the way no more than 2k rpm otherwise the gearbox would have given up completely. Early start tomorrow to get it sorted. I might do a quick refresh on the engine as it ran with no oil pressure for a short while due to oil surge and there's a few metal fragments in the oil. Probably only add another day to do. Will try and do daily updates. The aim is to get to Castle Combe on the 22nd July and hopefully home again.. lol

Engine and box are out and split, decided not to refresh the engine, the oil didn't look too bad. Should have it back in situ tomorrow evening then running by Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Engine and new box ready to drop back in the car, should be good to go at the weekend. A couple of images below, a fair few kits in at the moment for various things, will try and grab a few more shots tomorrow.

35841808816_22ded4941c_z.jpg

35841803286_d3871df05f_z.jpg

• Like 1

Engine and box are back in the car, new gearbox mount is fabricated and painted. Should be dry by the morning so it can be bolted together. Old diff is out, so busy busy tomorrow getting it all bolted back together. Gearstick is at the fabricators having a few mods done. Got a spare somewhere if it's not back for the weekend.

Sylvia Phoenix Sko, Road legal though used mostly for sprinting. Runs a supercharged Zetec puts out around 400bhp. Runs loads of other trick stuff including a full sequential gearbox with an air actuated quickshift system. Loads of clips of it in action on you tube, just search for Jeff Wiltshire. 

• Like 2

Car is all back together did a bit of remedial work as I went along, broken exhaust bracket and stripped exhaust manifold threads sorted. Add oil water and fuel tomorrow and fingers crossed jobs a goodun.

A couple of images below. Also a HDR image, albeit processed, of Jays car, because I like the effect.

35754548312_dfa004aaae_z.jpg

35754557312_5b8471c7a4_z.jpg

35924245995_ff3bbf3e90_z.jpg

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 1

We usually do a little run report to post in the kitcar forum, I've posted below hope it makes sense. To note Kentons car is the orange Westfield running a V8 as well albeit 320 bhp.

Thanks all for a great run this morning warm dry and clear roads bar a couple of sheep and some cyclists, all fair game imo.. Meet point was the 1066. I was the first to arrive followed closely by Kenton, who proceeded to warm up his rear tyres and shake the cafe down to its foundations. If Thor drove a car it would be K's.

Duncan then Matt so off we went. Weather was warm and dry roads were clear what more could you ask for other than a few sheep and cyclists for target practice. 

The route took us down the Camber Road, need to remember the god awful bump in the road towards Lydd, the others did and slowed down. Hit the military road and stopped for a quick Tony stop and watched a few of the kamikaze bikers (with pillions :shock: ) opening it right up as they joined the road, total fruit loons

Back to the cafe, the food was almost on the table before we sat down, great service as usual.

Huge thanks to Matt, K, Duncan and Sarah, for coming out to play and making it one of the best Sundays I've had in a long while.  :)

IMG_0119.JPG

• Like 3

Picked up a few more bits fir the new engine, roller rockers trial fitted, need to rethink the outriggers that support the ends of the shafts. Old and new comparison in the image below.

35187514133_c6f7b51147_o.jpg

Edited by B33fy

Evening run tonight, the route went past my house was hoping to join the guys, but in the middle of putting a shed up so had to bail out. Grabbed an image as Nash went past, below.

35967058376_5f590c113d_o.jpg

• Like 1

Saw Nash tonight on the M20 between Ashford and Maidstone around 17.20 wearing a fetching pair of yellow ear defenders.

38 minutes ago, mdk1 said:

Saw Nash tonight on the M20 between Ashford and Maidstone around 17.20 wearing a fetching pair of yellow ear defenders.

Yeh, not very inconspicuous really. The ear defenders are part of an intercom kit with radio car to car they have a four mile radius, all cobbled together from the eBay parts bin, they work well though. Quite a few of the cars use them especially on the runs, helps with the banter, pee stops, hazards, overtakes, lost cars etc.

Spur of the moment thing, decided to pop to the fish hut at Dungeness for some of the local delicacies, hooked up with Nash on the way, then pigged out on plaice and lobster, lovely jubbly.

35213197143_1001624f4b_o.jpg

35982075576_c73a5eec20_o.jpg

• Like 1

Been out and about the last few days, Biggin Hill, Arundel and Robertsbridge included. Gave SWMBO's auntie a frightener in the car and left some 11's down her cul de sac, stopped short of a few donuts. A short blat tomorrow evening planned,. 4 - 6 cars, start point Maidstone Services., looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Medway, Maidstone Services, Charing, Headcorn, Tenterden, ending up in a nice pub in Burmarsh. Busy roads, loads of muppets, had some fun though :)

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

• Like 1

Out early this morning with Steve in his Hayabusa engined Westfield (note to self, must get an auto blip..) Challenging roads, no rain but wet surfaces, Headed towards the coast again, forgot to tell Steve about the bump in the Camber Road until I saw him almost fly out of his car, lucky he had his seatbelt on. Back to the 1066 café to mix it with the bikers, nice retro Honda below..

36126020171_be1d6211f9_z.jpg

• Like 1

Trip out this morning with Mark in his gulf liveried car. A bit of a drive out for some photography. Fordwich and Whitstable were on the agenda, a couple of images below.

fordwich 6.jpg

Beach Hut 6.jpg

38 minutes ago, skomaz said:

nice photos but no cars in them...???

A bit of a side hobby, Mark just picked up a new camera, and I quite enjoy getting out with mine now and again. I like HDR photography though it's a bit marmite.. a couple from today.

36216442322_7046ebfbcf_o.jpg

35548881124_8083890b7c_o.jpg

• Like 1

One of the car from this morning, couldn't resist a blat towards the coast, met with Tony and Colin for a quick coffee the down to Dungeness for some fish and more lobster :).

IMG_0187.JPG

• Like 1

Modified the breather system and reconnected the rocker covers to the inlet manifold to create a bit of suction as the engine was oozing oil form every orifice, seems to be better. Also fitted some new mirrors as the old ones were just dead weight. Fitted some expensive real carbon ones that look fake and cheap..

Popped up to Goudhurst for another go for at the clubs photography competition.. Best shot below.

35741279543_2ed2fba2d6_z.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go to. North Wales today to see an old friend, which sadly didn't work out, so came back. 570 miles, around 20mpg, a sore 4r5e and ringing in my ears, other than that all good. :)

• Like 1