Just Ordered - VRS TDI Hatch

Hi all. I hope you don't mind my chiming in with my ordering post.

After succumbing to the recession and downgrading my newly bought 2010 MKII Elegance to a 2003 Passat to tide me over - I've finally given in to temptation and have ordered a new VRS TDI Hatch. 

Extras ordered:

i)     Columbus + Colour Maxi Dot

ii)    Canton

iii)   Heated Front Seats

iv)   Heated Windscreen

v)    Kessy

vi)   VRS Button (has to be ordered; not standard..!)

vii)  Interior Lighting Pack

viii) Underbody Stone Guard

ix)   Pictoris Alloys

x)    Front and Rear parking sensors

I was offered the blackpack foc but I declined. I love the look of it but know in my soul that if I got that I'd have ended up ordering the sunroof to finish the look! They threw in six months tax and mudflaps too.

I was originally just testing the water but got a great deal - I was intrigued but then I saw what PCP was like. No wonder people love it. 0% Interest and the dealer guaranteed me a very good minimum price even with my high mileage. All dotted lines have been signed and deposit has been placed.

So had to order! At this stage in my life (on the right side of 31 but wrong side of 29!!) I said, for once I'd order a car without compromise. So went all out! Having seen what you've all said I really put a lot of what I know to the resident experts of briskoda!

Have been told 12 weeks from order to arrival. I laughed as I heard that when I last ordered my 2010 Octy which ended up being 18 weeks..!

I'm still wondering whether I should have gone for the chrome trimming. It looks lovely but..would it suit the VRS?

Thanks for reading guys..!

Whereabouts in Ireland are you foregone?...I've ordered similar spec as my company car (no Coloumbus, KESSY (not a fan) or heated seats (I'm gonna regret that one I know))..Ordered last October(mid) so I'm about 16 weeks in now, hoping to hear something soon

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the well wishes. !

ColinD - Photos are guaranteed. I know what you mean when you say about compromise. I did it when I bought my first new car in 07 and again when I ordered the FL Octy in 2010. I said this time to heck with the finances..I'm going all out!  :D

TurismoM - Congrats on surviving the wait..! I wouldn't mind being where you are now in the waiting game!  :clap: Have you posted pics?

MidVRS - How's it going? I'm in Waterford but travelled to West Cork after hearing good things about the dealer..! If you're still waiting lord knows I'll be getting a 152 plate but that's alright as I'm used to it..!  :notme: Which part of the world do you hail from?

PG220 - That's really quick! Did you order options or did they have the car in stock? Lucky..!!

I'm sitting here admiring VRS's on the photo thread as well as on Youtube. One thing I'm hoping I'll adjust to is the stiffer suspension but seeing as my commute is made up of mostly good road I should fair pretty OK. Our Irish roads aren't on a par with the UK's but I'd like feedback on what you guys think..!

Edited by foregonereality

Thanks guys for the well wishes. !

ColinD - Photos are guaranteed. I know what you mean when you say about compromise. I did it when I bought my first new car in 07 and again when I ordered the FL Octy in 2010. I said this time to heck with the finances..I'm going all out!  :D

TurismoM - Congrats on surviving the wait..! I wouldn't mind being where you are now in the waiting game!  :clap: Have you posted pics?

MidVRS - How's it going? I'm in Waterford but travelled to West Cork after hearing good things about the dealer..! If you're still waiting lord knows I'll be getting a 152 plate but that's alright as I'm used to it..!  :notme: Which part of the world do you hail from?

PG220 - That's really quick! Did you order options or did they have the car in stock? Lucky..!!

I'm sitting here admiring VRS's on the photo thread as well as on Youtube. One thing I'm hoping I'll adjust to is the stiffer suspension but seeing as my commute is made up of mostly good road I should fair pretty OK. Our Irish roads aren't on a par with the UK's but I'd like feedback on what you guys think..!

Hi foregone, I'm a relocated Dub living in Offaly...I commute to Dublin most days though so my vRS is going to be living on the M7 a lot...Its company car luckily given the mileage I'm going to be putting on it!

• Like 1

Oh and I wouldn't worry about the stiffer suspension..My last vRS drove the roads of the Midlands (crap!) for three years and it never felt uncomfortable at all...Lost at least two tyres to broken tyre walls due to potholes though  :doh: 

• Like 2

Some different options there , didnt know about the VRS button (hope thats not the case with the TSI dsg) and never heard of the underbody stone guard

My dealer quoted 12 weeks as well

• Like 1

All I would say (and this pertains to the UK specifically) if buying an O3 on a low rate PCP with minimal deposit (and not buying for long term ownership) be mindful that used values for the O3 are already pretty bleak....the used market is now relatively flooded with ex VAG management vRS's and lots of ex hire/ex demo lower rent models and its definitely having an impact.....price to pay for launching a very successful and popular model I guess.

This is the first Skoda of three I have ended up being stuck in for the foreseeable; its used value actually not a great deal higher than the 1 year older Mk2 Blackline it replaced.

I am glad as a consequence I just bought a standard car and didnt go silly on options, otherwise I would have absolutely had to keep it to the end of term.

A guy I work with has an Elegance with every conceivable option on it (+30k) and its used value is probably not disimilar to mine....its therefore potentially lost 50% of its value in 1 year which is a frightening prospect!

• Like 1

never heard of the underbody stone guard

You can add that one easily afterwards (if you can lift the car up high enough, that is). Pics in this thread on a German forum, check out posts 20, 21 and 33. The thing costs about 40€ and you need three additional screws, though it depends on whether you have the TDI or TSI.

• Like 1

You can add that one easily afterwards (if you can lift the car up high enough, that is). Pics in this thread on a German forum, check out posts 20, 21 and 33. The thing costs about 40€ and you need three additional screws, though it depends on whether you have the TDI or TSI.

Cant imagine I will need one , our roads arent great but they dont have grass in the middle like in Ireland ;)

• Like 1

I'm not afraid of grass, but my car will be in Belgium quite often, where the local councils build their own weird nasty speedbumps and some of the more rural roads are horrendous.

• Like 1

I'm not afraid of grass, but my car will be in Belgium quite often, where the local councils build their own weird nasty speedbumps and some of the more rural roads are horrendous.

Some of the motorways in Belgium are horrendous! Travelled a fair bit in there last summer, some major potholes on the motorways

• Like 1

But on the plus side... its not France... no reason, just its not France... :D

Lol . We love Belgium as well , going back this summer , few days in Ypres then onto Bruges

• Like 1

But on the plus side... its not France... no reason, just its not France... :D

But the French motorways are brilliant (well the ones you pay for at least). For some reason the Belgium motorway I use regularly has potholes even in the sections they only repaired last year.

erm this went really OT...

• Like 1

But the French motorways are brilliant (well the ones you pay for at least). For some reason the Belgium motorway I use regularly has potholes even in the sections they only repaired last year.

erm this went really OT...

agreed, well OT. The point I was making was that its just not France, which has to be a positive in anyones book... Plus I object to paying for roads, in this country, let alone somewhere foreign.....

I got just over 30mpg average in my mk2 tfsi vrs in Belgium; 45 on the autobahns.....

• Like 1

Cant imagine I will need one , our roads arent great but they dont have grass in the middle like in Ireland ;)

:D  This! My commute is 30 miles each way and it's on a pretty decent stretch of road. As soon as you come off the Motorways and National routes however...oh boy..

You wouldn't be far off with the grass in the middle statement!

I have to blame kens for me having a change of heart re the alloys. I've contacted the dealer to change from Pictoris to silver Gemini wheels as they look incredible.

kens post is here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/302747-race-blue-vrs-with-silver-geminis/

If my race blue looks half as good I'll be on cloud nine! 

Also been told the car's already down for week 16. Would I be right in saying that's mid April? If so; that's pretty quick..!

Also re: underbody stoneguard and the like. I took a look at the Skoda UK configurator. I'm surprised at how the options list is pretty limited. VAG seem to be an anomoly in Ireland in that they offer a massive options list with their cars. All the other brands tend to order in a couple of trim levels and refuse to spec their vehicles; Hyundai/Kia/Toyota being huge culprits as they won't let you order sat nav for even their largest vehicles.

The stoneguard is only €50 so the peace of mind won't hurt. I just hope it doesn't increase the ride height of the vehicle..!

Thank you all again for your help here. :)

Edited by foregonereality

:D  This! My commute is 30 miles each way and it's on a pretty decent stretch of road. As soon as you come off the Motorways and National routes however...oh boy..

I have to blame kens for me having a change of heart re the alloys. I've contacted the dealer to change from Pictoris to silver Gemini wheels as they look incredible.

kens post is here http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/302747-race-blue-vrs-with-silver-geminis/

Also been told the car's already down for week 16. Would I be right in saying that's mid April? If so; that's pretty quick..!

Those wheels do look nice , nearly went for them myself but adding the black pack swung the black wheels for me

• Like 1

The stoneguard is only €50 so the peace of mind won't hurt. I just hope it doesn't increase the ride height of the vehicle..!

The stoneguard is literally a piece of plastic, nothing more. The "bad road package" pushes the car up by 15mm, and that's not available on the VRS. so my ride height is the same as any other stock VRS.

• Like 1

Really agonised over the choice of wheels on mine...Wanted to go for the 19's after seeing one in the Skoda Dealers in Swords but they were removed from the options list before I could...Decided to stick with the pictoris after looking at all the secondhand VRS's (2013/2014) on carzone.ie and realising that Pictoris seem to be the rarest wheels....Still woulda loved the Xtremes though...Damnit

• Like 1