boot wont open

creed

Hi all. The other day after washing my car the boot wouldn't open using the button on the boot lid but it will still pop open using the button on the key.

Anyone else had this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

mine keeps sticking you hear the motor trying to open but it doesnt open lol

I had a similar issue, but the other way around.

It will be the release motor not having enough force to pop the lever.

Have a look at the thread below.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300568-boot-not-catching-on-close/

Anyone got any experience swapping out the boot button? Think mine has died on my fabia estate, had the interior trim off the tailgate today but can't see how to get at it from inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue, but the other way around.

It will be the release motor not having enough force to pop the lever.

Have a look at the thread below.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300568-boot-not-catching-on-close/

Had a look at the boot locking system again yesterday, the push button seems to be fine and I put a multimetre across the wire connectors that hook up to the release solenoid, that does seem to get a pulse (can't remember what it was reading now), but the motor doesn't run.

So I am now assuming that it is something to do with that solenoid. I'm going to try to strip it out over the weekend to see if I can fix it, but I want to look into replacing it just in case. 

Do I need to get the whole catch unit (i.e. the mechanical catch + the motor / solenoid) or can I just swap out the solenoid.

I've found a couple of possibilities:

1. Whole catch + solenoid - Part number - 6Y0827511G (Looks different, but the one recommended by skodaparts.com)
  2. Whole catch + solenoid - Part number - 6Y0827511A (Looks exactly the same as the whole unit currently installed)
  3. Audi A4 solenoind only - Part number - 4B9962115C (Looks the same as the old solenoid)

Does anyone know which is the best to go for and also will the A4 actuator fit. I looks the same from the pics but that doesn't mean it is of course!

Thanks in advance.

My boot too wont open.

Have to stretch into the boot and open it manually.

What part needs to be changed?

What about the top part of the lock? The part on the tailgate itself? Orange in colour.

As above mentioned, 11A or 11G?

thanks, any help greatly appreciated.

pedro

Had a look at the boot locking system again yesterday, the push button seems to be fine and I put a multimetre across the wire connectors that hook up to the release solenoid, that does seem to get a pulse (can't remember what it was reading now), but the motor doesn't run.

So I am now assuming that it is something to do with that solenoid. I'm going to try to strip it out over the weekend to see if I can fix it, but I want to look into replacing it just in case. 

Do I need to get the whole catch unit (i.e. the mechanical catch + the motor / solenoid) or can I just swap out the solenoid.

I've found a couple of possibilities:

1. Whole catch + solenoid - Part number - 6Y0827511G (Looks different, but the one recommended by skodaparts.com)
  2. Whole catch + solenoid - Part number - 6Y0827511A (Looks exactly the same as the whole unit currently installed)
  3. Audi A4 solenoind only - Part number - 4B9962115C (Looks the same as the old solenoid)

Does anyone know which is the best to go for and also will the A4 actuator fit. I looks the same from the pics but that doesn't mean it is of course!

Thanks in advance.

My boot release thing solenoid stopped working. 

I went to VW and they sold me the entire unit, it comes with the latch etc,  so u just undo the old one, and fit new one in place.    You need some sort of multi spline tool to undo the latch unit from the boot.

I think it was £20-30 when I bought mine 18months ago.

Replaced the whole locking unit today and still getting nothing off of the fob or the tailgate button. I measure about 0.6v for a fraction of a second across the 2-pin connector that goes into the solenoid when pressing the boot release. I'm guessing it should be in the region of 8-12v?

Bit stumped as to where to go next tbh...

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to fix my boot opening issue. It required a new (solenoid/actuator).

It was easy to fit and can be done by anyone with little or no technical skill.

It was the little part that pops it open. It said Hella, Germany on it. Similar or the same as Audi A4 solenoind only - Part number - 4B9962115C

Now still to sort out that pesky door.

thanks

Pedro

i find with mine sometimes the boot wont open unless i open one of the rear doors first!??

wots that all about!

Probably a failed microswitch in driver's door lock mechanism. Extremely common issue. Does your lights-on alarm work when you open the drivers door with your lights on?

Probably a failed microswitch in driver's door lock mechanism. Extremely common issue. Does your lights-on alarm work when you open the drivers door with your lights on?

dunno. not tried? if it doesnt wots that mean?

dunno. not tried? if it doesnt wots that mean?

Means the microswitch on the driver's door lock unit has failed.

is it an easy job?

You need to take the door card and door ancillaries carrier off to get to the lock unit. You can't get the switch separately, they are all part of the lock unit, so you would need a new one, unless you're capable of making a similar microswitch fit on the old lock like I did.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330840-door-microswitch/

Guide to door carrier removal http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/119359-removing-the-ancillaries-carrier/

You need to take the door card and door ancillaries carrier off to get to the lock unit. You can't get the switch separately, they are all part of the lock unit, so you would need a new one, unless you're capable of making a similar microswitch fit on the old lock like I did.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330840-door-microswitch/

Guide to door carrier removal http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/119359-removing-the-ancillaries-carrier/

thanks tmb!