Fabia III Monte Carlo

Tim1631

Very same looks as an "Elegance" (as they name the SEL over here) completed with the glass roof, Corrida red and sport package. Which you can order today. ;)

- oh, sorry, the red interior plastic details differ. Don't find that attractive, but each to his own.

Edited by pfaff

Looks lovely, although as said the interior hopefully doesn't look tacky, but I still can't buy until they put the 1.4 ACT 140bhp engine in from the BlueGT polo!

• Like 1

I like all the Monte interiors. The exterior of this is 'nice', but I feel they could have done better. The Fabia2 Monte was maybe more distinctive with the black wheelarch trims.

Still, that leaves roonm for a Fabia RS with wilder styling than this ;)

• Like 4

a bit of colour trim inside with the simply clever pack (if it's free - doubt it) and essentially it's just a colour concept version with black alloys.. does it get a sports suspension free? doubt that either..

If this is the new Monte, then like the rest of the Fabia III range I'm underwhelmed, had expected a little more 'aggressive' styling tweaks; even less reason to let go of our current Monte until at least the five year warranty runs out.

TP

• Like 1

All show and no go!!

Ford, Peugeot, Vauxhall and others have the balls to introduce a New small hot hatch  .Oh! and VW Polo GTI. 

However, Skoda best offering is this:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows/2015-skoda-fabia-monte-carlo-revealed

Pathetic!!

Edited by vrskeith

All show and no go!!

Ford, Peugeot, Vauxhall and others have the balls to introduce a New small hot hatch  .Oh! and VW Polo GTI. 

However, Skoda best offering is this:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows/2015-skoda-fabia-monte-carlo-revealed

Pathetic!!

"Monte Carlo ... the sportiest model in the Fabia's range"

PSE consider what is observed in the Skoda History section, "Skoda brand direction":

gac:

Audi - Money no object

VW - Audi for the "man in the street"

SEAT - "Sportier" than the two above

Skoda - ???

In my understanding, Skoda has decided that they are not competitors to Seat.

Why should they?

Why not join to the Seat forums, and leave us dated beings admire the new Fabia :)

Edited by torslunde
  • Like 2

"Monte Carlo ... the sportiest model in the Fabia's range"

PSE consider what is observed in the Skoda History section, "Skoda brand direction":

gac:

Audi - Money no object

VW - Audi for the "man in the street"

SEAT - "Sportier" than the two above

Skoda - ???

In my understanding, Skoda has decided that they are not competitors to Seat.

Why should they?

Why not join to the Seat forums, and leave us dated beings admire the new Fabia :)

Seat still living with the old Ibiza Cupra and twincharger I believe.

See what replacement comes fom them or it's Polo GTI

Skoda will have to release a VRS to compete with the rest of the market.

They don't have to compete at all really, if they don't want to make a new vRS then that's a decision their marketing people have made.

Robbing parts bin from VW would help increase VAG Market share, with very little added cost in R&D etc.

NO brainer in my book!!

Still intrigued to know what future plans exist at Seat, for a new hot Ibiza

Am I the only person who thinks that the Monte Carlo is a marketing con?

Monte Carlo = Bulk order of pre-configured spec / colour (cost savings passed onto to Customer through a discounted build price) with just a couple of interior trim parts a different colour (so VAG order 2000 trim units in Red rather than black, at those levels with existing tooling the cost difference is pence per item). You may as well rename them "guaranteed colour and minimum spec in a future Auto Trader Ad" ;-)

Reminds me of the old Peugeot / Citroen trick of releasing a multitude of "special editions" for the 106 / 306 and C1 etc.

At least with the L&K editions, they were "swansong" models with every toy thrown on them :)  

Am I the only person who thinks that the Monte Carlo is a marketing con?

Monte Carlo = Bulk order of pre-configured spec / colour (cost savings passed onto to Customer through a discounted build price) with just a couple of interior trim parts a different colour (so VAG order 2000 trim units in Red rather than black, at those levels with existing tooling the cost difference is pence per item). You may as well rename them "guaranteed colour and minimum spec in a future Auto Trader Ad" ;-)

Reminds me of the old Peugeot / Citroen trick of releasing a multitude of "special editions" for the 106 / 306 and C1 etc.

At least with the L&K editions, they were "swansong" models with every toy thrown on them :)

It was only the Tech and Black Edition that were parts bin specials. The original Monte could be had in a few colours and engines and could be specced up just like the rest of the Fabia range.

Fabia II vRS was not for me with the DSG and hit and miss engine reliability.

Like the new Fabia III but its not that much of a step forward over our current 2012 Monte TSI 86 to tempt me to buy one anytime soon. Think the new Monte may also attract quite a price hike over the versions that have gone before, particularly if the glass roof is part of the standard spec.

If I was wanting something with pace, I'd wait to see the used prices of the Polo FL 1.8 GTI, one passed me the other day and I thought it looked a nice car.

TP