ChrisRs's MX-5 Thread

ChrisRs

Ive not tried LE stuff...put off by the OTT reviews...LOL

Let me know how you get on...and if you get up this way..some free work too

Well I only purchased the LE samples as they qualified for free delivery I was buying some KK Blizzard Snowfoam but once I had gone through checkout I realised I had been charged for delivery anyway :notme: .

Never mind

p.s. thanks for the offer.

Well...Back from York with 4 almost new 17" Alloys and lowering springs from the Sport Tech model (Freebie) thrown into the deal

Very happy

Now to get some Tyres

Let the research begin!....and the price of fitting the springs

• Like 3

I now need some Tyres (205 45 17)...Alan (BlueR36) says Kwikfit are doing deals (25% off) on Goodyear tyres (Nothing on their website, but will ring them)

Camskill have some F1's at £85 each delivered then £40 to fit....Then theres Rainsport 3's at £63 each

Any suggestions?

Sounds good Chris - go grab them, before they change their mind! :D

Tyres - KF do have a Goodyear offer on, there's a big advertising hoarding I see each morning advertising it. So worth a price check with them. There's reference to the deal here, http://www.kwik-fit.com/exclusive-online-tyre-pricing.asp, but they appear not to list F1s for your size despite them being available :S

Otherwise F1s from Camskill and that fitting price sounds spot on :thumbup:

• Like 1

Good old 'Castle Tyres' in Bingley

Alan and I have used them a few times

Deal struck..Getting fitted tomorrow

I want to see what they look like on the car before I consider fitting the springs

• Like 1

Wheels all cleaned and then sealed with Carbon Collective Ceramic Wheel Sealant last night

Gave them a light spray of Power Maxed Sealant this morning in readiness for the tyres being fitted this morning

Once the tyres are on I'll apply some Wheel Whores Wheel Wax and dress the new tyres with Megs Endurance Tyre dressing

Pictures later

EDIT:

GoodYear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's fitted

• Like 2

As you prepared the wheels before they fitted the tyres, it will be extremely prudent for you to ensure that the stick on balancing weights are secure as they're prone to lifting off of a freshly prepped surface!

• Like 1

I did John

I left the insides until the weights were fitted, a light wipe over that area with CC ..dried for an hour (Aided with a hairdryer...it is an MX-5 afterall), then more sealant and wheel wax on top

I have some Steve...OEM Mazda .....lower the car to Sport Tech height (15mm lower)

The guy selling the Alloys threw them in too (As a Freebie)....almost brand new like the Alloys

Ive been quoted £15 a corner to fit, but Im undecided. I dont want to ruin it...like the cars you see at Car Shows!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely day out today into Wharfedale, Littondale and the Queens Arms for lunch..Pic

2015-08-122013.27.05_zpsuscdsal2.jpg

Then to Halton Ghyll up to Penyghent and down to Stainforth, Settle, Skipton and home

We are so lucky to have this countryside so close to us!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Chris`s car seemed like a kit car in comparison,(sorry chris !)  the leap in quality especially interiour is very impressive,Bose ice , really good ride and steering, and seats and I fit. The seats have special runners so the more you push it back the more it lowers and vice versa. Audi like nav controls, great lights too, Good brakes and handling, Red with tan leather and smoked alloys 

265B49C9-16CA-42DD-99FE-7CCD04E4BDF6.jpg

FB18154E-C923-4540-A4C8-B19786308AA3.jpg

A63E4197-C4E3-4085-96BF-A751F292639D.jpg

09F4C9C9-4B60-4DDC-9A00-DE8F2F903821.jpg

• Like 2