Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

9 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Hi Andy.... on the wheel brush; i do highly recomment the EZ wheel brush - but at £20.... thats expensive.

So i opted for the cheaper AutoRae-chem version. Link below.

So far so good - fropped a few bristles first wash but has calmed down.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371134907430?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cheers. Looked at those before but slightly nervous they'd be too harsh and also spray water everywhere due to the stiffer bristles? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, andyb_sv said:

Cheers. Looked at those before but slightly nervous they'd be too harsh and also spray water everywhere due to the stiffer bristles? 

Valid point you make Andy.... i didnt think it was any better or any worse to be honest.

Generally i use the brush with AD britegel and i dont find it too bad.

Certainly for the money - no major complains and at the price i'll change it once a year probably.

Interior detail completed today. A few photos to show the finer points....got into all the nooks n crannies with a half inch detailing brush I bought from Valet Pro.

Bilt Hamber Surfex diluted for an APC resulting in great cleaning to carpets, seats, door cards dash and all plastics.....produces a clean n matte original finish. 

AG metal polish used on the metal sill strips....they looked quite clean but left the buffing cloth black!!

IMG_1634.JPG

F3EA2C7C-738E-4F28-A1B5-21319901DEF5.jpg

EE3578F5-4E6A-44E9-A9CB-7F6E57E861EB.jpg

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 2

On Mon Feb 06 2017 at 12:08, samuir1974 said:

A cracking Sunday's detailing with my good mate Karl!

We started about 11am and took our time trying out some products along the way...

The end result..... one absolutely stunning green machine Fabia vRS!!!

16426094_10154043217281152_2175067890575

Cheers for your help on this one buddy! Gutted it's gone now but had some great detailing days on this motor! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Cheers for your help on this one buddy! Gutted it's gone now but had some great detailing days on this motor! 

:o what's the replacement?

2 hours ago, pee81 said:

:o what's the replacement?

Octavia vRS TSI DSG estate in race blue buddy. The Fabia had a serious engine problem unfortunately so had to go. Looks awesome in the photo but the 1.4 lump was on its way out. Genuinely gutted as I've put so many hours into the car but times change & need an estate for business mate! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Octavia vRS TSI DSG estate in race blue buddy. The Fabia had a serious engine problem unfortunately so had to go. Looks awesome in the photo but the 1.4 lump was on its way out. Genuinely gutted as I've put so many hours into the car but times change & need an estate for business mate! 

That's what I want next but it won't be for a couple of years yet. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new ride

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pee81 said:

That's what I want next but it won't be for a couple of years yet. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new ride

Thanks Mark! Thursday pick up all being well. Needs a decent detail of course. 2 stage correction having looking at the car under lights on inspection. Got a list as long as my arm of things to do to it also! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Octavia vRS TSI DSG estate in race blue buddy.

The Fabia had a serious engine problem unfortunately so had to go. Looks awesome in the photo but the 1.4 lump was on its way out.

Genuinely gutted as I've put so many hours into the car but times change & need an estate for business mate! 

Sounds like a nice upgrade there Karl - good luck mate!

13 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

Sounds like a nice upgrade there Karl - good luck mate!

Cheers buddy, I'll be round Friday to drop that stuff off for you, have a good look at the new wagon. 

Don't get your lights out though please, not untill it's polished hahahaha! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

8 hours ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Thanks Mark! Thursday pick up all being well. Needs a decent detail of course. 2 stage correction having looking at the car under lights on inspection. Got a list as long as my arm of things to do to it also! 

Nice 1 :thumbup: & in the best colour too "Race Blue" B) Be good to see when you have detailed the car as I have the same car, colour & with your expertise in the detailing field ;) I'll definitely be picking up some tips from you.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Nice 1 :thumbup: & in the best colour too "Race Blue" B) Be good to see when you have detailed the car as I have the same car, colour & with your expertise in the detailing field ;) I'll definitely be picking up some tips from you.

Thanks for the kind words buddy! Can't wait to get started with it! 

• Like 3

Maintenance detail completed on the Golf today, it was filthy and long overdue!! Full chemical decon, safe wash, Waxaddict Vitreo with a touch of Bouncers Done n Dusted over the top. BSD on the alloys and tyres dressed with KKD Tyersol. 

Due to other commitments and bad weather I finally managed to complete the winter prep detail I submitted for the Christmas raffle at a local primary school. 

The vehicle, a Honda Accord on an 04 plate, had seen better days but nonetheless it received the same attention to detail and care and attention as with every customer's vehicle.

Six hours later and the owner was chuffed to bits with the results. I was so chuffed to bring a slice of happiness to a great family whose workhorse was so in need of some TLC.

Not part of the package but I also machine polishes the headlamps, both had started to cloud, so for the little extra attention, a much better finish as well as a safer drive!

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

21518D0B-5704-48E4-8E04-94B7F625621C.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/02/2017 at 15:48, KarlvRS1991 said:

Thanks for the kind words buddy! Can't wait to get started with it! 

So.... did it all go well on collection of the new ride?

Probably worth starting a new thread buddy.

Question is.... detailing thread or Project thread?

Should be fun...

2 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

So.... did it all go well on collection of the new ride?

Probably worth starting a new thread buddy.

Question is.... detailing thread or Project thread?

Should be fun...

Morning dude! It all went swimmingly well! I'll probably start a project thread and link to here if possible. Totally in love with it! 

I'll drop by tonight mate if you're free for you to have a nosy at? 

20170209_165036.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, KarlvRS1991 said:

Morning dude! It all went swimmingly well! I'll probably start a project thread and link to here if possible. Totally in love with it! 

I'll drop by tonight mate if you're free for you to have a nosy at? 

20170209_165036.jpg

Oh that looks sweet!!!!  Blue.... will look nice next to the .:R36 i'm sure.

Sure - i'm in tonight buddy.... see you then!!!

Make sure it's clean.... :tongueout:

3 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

Oh that looks sweet!!!!  Blue.... will look nice next to the .:R36 i'm sure.

Sure - i'm in tonight buddy.... see you then!!!

Make sure it's clean.... :tongueout:

A detailing day in order for sure mate with the vRS and R36! 

Make sure it's clean? That's why I'm bringing over tonight, you're doing it haha! ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

A detailing day in order for sure mate with the vRS and R36! 

Make sure it's clean? That's why I'm bringing over tonight, you're doing it haha! ;)

Bloody freezing this weekend.... trying to snow again this morning as i came to work.

Next weekend is looking much better.....

21 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

Bloody freezing this weekend.... trying to snow again this morning as i came to work.

Next weekend is looking much better.....

It is damn cold! I may give it a wash early next week, wait till it warms up. 

• Like 1