Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Nobody seems to bother with silver much as it doesn't tend to give quite the same results as as black etc, so here's my amateurish contribution to show it can be done.

2bm, AG SRP, two coats of Poorboys EX-P and then a top coat of Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

IMG_3532_zpspit2zy1n.jpg

IMG_3525_zpsxqjo9o0m.jpg

IMG_3520_zpsxfz7e9b5.jpg

IMG_3519_zpsejpm8b5a.jpg

IMG_3517_zpse3kcy33h.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Very nice Mark - looking good! :)

Thanks ste, got my eye on a few additional parts but they all cost a bloody fortune lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GenePoolReject said:

Ok so I've never explored this part of the forum but I do like give to my car a good scrub. Before I bought the furby I did use hand car washes so I'm still a bit new to it all.

So the furby was treated to a good clay (bilt hamber) then waxed with turtle wax ice. Then the Honda is my mums, she decided to wipe it down with a damp cloth and made a right mess, so it got a quick wash and autoglym aqua wax whilst drying, just a quick job before my dad got home and saw the mess.

IMG_2022.JPG

Wow - that looks lovely, nice work!

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Just now, KarlvRS1991 said:

Spent abit of time on the vRS yesterday afternoon. 

Finished with Defintive Wax. 0102 limited edition pot. 

Have the interior a decent clean including the leather. 

20170403_155504.jpg

20170403_155618.jpg

Looking really good there Karl.

Nice and glossy - just what i'd expect to see from a Definitive Wax fanboy  :)

1 hour ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Cheers buddy! It's one of my favorite waxes I own! 

Agreed - given that Marc Leddy helped with the spec and blending trials - i wouldnt expect anything less.

Edited by samuir1974
edit

On 04/04/2017 at 14:09, KarlvRS1991 said:

Spent abit of time on the vRS yesterday afternoon. 

Finished with Defintive Wax. 0102 limited edition pot. 

Have the interior a decent clean including the leather. 

20170403_155504.jpg

20170403_155618.jpg

Nice to see the car in the flesh last night Karl! Looking really good and paint feels mega slick.

As my Z4 is in the garage for some work - cheers for driving and the beer buddy. Good lad!

7 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

Nice to see the car in the flesh last night Karl! Looking really good and paint feels mega slick.

As my Z4 is in the garage for some work - cheers for driving and the beer buddy. Good lad!

Cheers buddy! The weather helps of course! No rain means cleaner roads and all that! 

No problem. Was nice to find the time to to be out of the house for once lol! 

Hope the Z4 gets sorted sharpish! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Cheers buddy! The weather helps of course! No rain means cleaner roads and all that! 

No problem. Was nice to find the time to to be out of the house for once lol! 

Hope the Z4 gets sorted sharpish! 

Cheers dude - really appreciate you driving. Good to get out to the beer garden.

After BMW sending the wrong part initially; hopefully better news today....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BATVANVRS said:

Washed yesterday with Britemax clean max shampoo, dried with big blue microfibre towel & used EZ chrome high gloss as a QD drying aid. B)

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Top result there!! Is that shampoo the latest release from Britemax? If so, thoughts?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BATVANVRS said:

Washed yesterday with Britemax clean max shampoo, dried with big blue microfibre towel & used EZ chrome high gloss as a QD drying aid. B)

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Looking very smart buddy! Liking the Square rear plate!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Top result there!! Is that shampoo the latest release from Britemax? If so, thoughts?

It's the original version of the Britemax Clean Max (purple) the new version is Britemax Pure Max (blue) I thought to try the old version first to see how it performs B)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

It's the original version of the Britemax Clean Max (purple) the new version is Britemax Pure Max (blue) I thought to try the old version first to see how it performs B)

Thanks for the above. Thoughts on the old version?

• Like 2

Sorry Chubbs I forgot to mention how good the shampoo was. :blink:

I think it's a really great shampoo if I'm honest, 32oz for around £12-£14, you don't need a lot of the shampoo in the bucket, I used 3oz but that's because I always use that amount! You will only need a maximum of 1oz to 1 & an half oz (you could use even less) it is extremely sudsy & very slick when using on the paintwork with a nice bubble gum smell B) I've actually got loads of shampoo's ranging from Megs, CG, AF, EZ) & many more, but I have to say that I really do like this Britemax Clean Max :thumbup:

Take a look below on DW link: it shows some great reviews for shampoo & the main reason why I selected the Britemax was purely down to cost & how much product you got, when comparing to shampoo's like AF & Meg's or even CG, definitely a lot of bang for your buck. 

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=363239

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

Sorry Chubbs I forgot to mention how good the shampoo was. :blink:

I think it's a really great shampoo if I'm honest, 32oz for around £12-£14, you don't need a lot of the shampoo in the bucket, I used 3oz but that's because I always use that amount! You will only need a maximum of 1oz to 1 & an half oz (you could use even less) it is extremely sudsy & very slick when using on the paintwork with a nice bubble gum smell B) I've actually got loads of shampoo's ranging from Megs, CG, AF, EZ) & many more, but I have to say that I really do like this Britemax Clean Max :thumbup:

Take a look below on DW link: it shows some great reviews for shampoo & the main reason why I selected the Britemax was purely down to cost & how much product you got, when comparing to shampoo's like AF & Meg's or even CG, definitely a lot of bang for your buck. 

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=363239

Spot on, thanks. I'm due more shampoo n will give Britemax a go!!

• Like 2

Just a quick clean up today

washed with megs gold class shampoo (2 bucket method and microfibre mitt)

waxed with turtle wax hard shell shine

Wheels cleaned with autoglym wheel cleaner

carplan tyre slik sprayed on tires

trim waxed with carplan black trim wax

IMG_3740.thumb.JPG.0037408c61472ee52c7d20ea9122ce44.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

• Like 4

Handed the keys back today to the client of this beauty, KTM Adventure, following a full decon, safe wash & protection.

Protection came in the form of ACF50 on the hard to reach & exposed areas, as well as underseat, with the tank, plastics & screen receiving a ceramic coating.

Needless to say, the client found the finish "awesome" & he managed to get it home before the heavens opened!

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2363.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

2D09C2EC-C138-481A-BA23-818B59C6BF15.jpg

IMG_2374.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Gave the Superb full decon and polish with School Concepts S30+ yesterday. Wiped down with AW Stripped Ease and given a layer of AW Enigma. Not great photos.

IMG_20170422_161435_zpszsuqm3kh.jpg

IMG_20170422_161452_zpsdhd0z3n2.jpg

IMG_20170422_161538_zpspvuouyzj.jpg

Hit a deer with the Focus though

IMG_20170422_161601_zpsktjy0dde.jpg

• Like 2