Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Great work and boy oh boy did it need it

You saw mine and Alan's expression when you opened the bonnet!!!

You've done well lad.. Very well done!

Thanks, and yes, it was filthy mind and I knew it wanted doing for a long while before then. That was a bit ago now like, 5 weeks. Car is now on a dealership forecourt looking all nice and shiny.

You don't fancy detailing a Monte do you? I'd have to pay you properly mind, couldn't let you do it for no personal gain, not after last time.

Finally got round to washing my Monte estate! Powermaxed TFR, then foamed with Bilt Hamber Autofoam through the Autobrite lance, Meguiars APC used on trim and badges, 2 bucket wash with Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and Dooka wash pad. Wheels cleaned with Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner and various brushes. A coat of Gyeon Wetcoat was applied on the body and wheels and dried with Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe drying towel and Poorboys Waffle Weave for the wheels. Finally wiped down with Zaino Z6, with Gtechniq T1 used on tyres.

20151018_141303_zps55pyyg42.jpg

20151018_154909_zpsh6xnfhzd.jpg

20151018_154917_zpswmcj2nan.jpg

20151018_154929_zpsicvlgtsl.jpg

20151018_154943_zpsqyh1g8wl.jpg

• Like 2

Great work

I would be proud of that too

Congratulations

Thanks Chris, appreciated. I rarely get the time to do this with 2 kids, one of whom is a baby, so was really satisfied afterwards! Got the chance to try some new products that I bought a while back but never used before, namely Gyeon Wetcoat, Gtechniq T1 and the Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe drying towel. Needs its winter detail soon though, so will break out the DAS-6 shortly!

• Like 1

Finally got round to washing my Monte estate! Powermaxed TFR, then foamed with Bilt Hamber Autofoam through the Autobrite lance, Meguiars APC used on trim and badges, 2 bucket wash with Meguiars Gold Class shampoo and Dooka wash pad. Wheels cleaned with Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner and various brushes. A coat of Gyeon Wetcoat was applied on the body and wheels and dried with Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe drying towel and Poorboys Waffle Weave for the wheels. Finally wiped down with Zaino Z6, with Gtechniq T1 used on tyres.

20151018_141303_zps55pyyg42.jpg

20151018_154909_zpsh6xnfhzd.jpg

20151018_154917_zpswmcj2nan.jpg

20151018_154929_zpsicvlgtsl.jpg

20151018_154943_zpsqyh1g8wl.jpg

Awesome job there matie.

The car is looking fantastic! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Gave my uncles Skoda Octavia Elegance a detail at the weekend after helping me sort my garage out a few weeks back. 10 year old motor. Came up lovely!

5f820831d3eebce11dc2af1db730c7e3.jpg40758a3adbaf0610264ac4fd7cf1b43f.jpgb64f08365560a7d8dd75721c907fac61.jpg4101b0f75ed0cd0f136f5f30daee3437.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Very nice indeed Karl - a really impressive visible improvement. :rock:

You picked the right day this weekend to get on with it as well.

Nice to see before and after pics.  Top job! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Very nice indeed Karl - a really impressive visible improvement. :rock:

You picked the right day this weekend to get on with it as well.

Nice to see before and after pics. Top job! [emoji106]

Thanks mate. Some of it was a struggle due to the car been painted in places and not to a good standard either but managed it in the end! :)

• Like 1

Gave my uncles Skoda Octavia Elegance a detail at the weekend after helping me sort my garage out a few weeks back. 10 year old motor. Came up lovely! 5f820831d3eebce11dc2af1db730c7e3.jpg40758a3adbaf0610264ac4fd7cf1b43f.jpgb64f08365560a7d8dd75721c907fac61.jpg4101b0f75ed0cd0f136f5f30daee3437.jpg

Awesome transformation mate. Great display of what can be done. Which polish did you use to correct it bud?

• Like 2

Awesome transformation mate. Great display of what can be done. Which polish did you use to correct it bud?

The only polish I've had experience with is meguires 105/205 combo at the moment. Just did a single stage on this with the 205 - Green Waffle Pad & DAS6-PRO..Spread on speed 3, polish on Speed 5. Full wipe down afterwards. Always believed they had really hard paint been VAG but the 205 performed pretty well after doing a test panel :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the info buddy. From my experience with Skoda paint, it isn't as hard as VW and Audi paint.

Heard great things about the SMAT non diminishing abrasive Megs duo, only really dealt with menz, Scholl and Sonax so far. Feel the need to go with 105 next as I need a decent swirl buster! 205 has done a great job on the Octy bud. One to be extremely proud of!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info buddy. From my experience with Skoda paint, it isn't as hard as VW and Audi paint.

Heard great things about the SMAT non diminishing abrasive Megs duo, only really dealt with menz, Scholl and Sonax so far. Feel the need to go with 105 next as I need a decent swirl buster! 205 has done a great job on the Octy bud. One to be extremely proud of!!!

105 is a great polish but find it really dusty! Only thing I don't like about it. 205 works really well and for quite alot time before breaking down aswell which I like a lot rather than having to over apply compound etc.

• Like 1

105 is a great polish but find it really dusty! Only thing I don't like about it. 205 works really well and for quite alot time before breaking down aswell which I like a lot rather than having to over apply compound etc.

Great info buddy. If I'm honest, I hate dusty polishes so I think I'll steer clear of 105. 205 sounds great though, when I finally require a finishing polish I'll give that a shot. Sounds ideal!

• Like 1

I'm going to try either Schol concepts or menzerna (spell check lol) polishes next I think. My dad's white combo van is in need of a good detail so that's next on my list..

Koch Chemie :)
  • Like 1

Heard alot of good things about them Ben. Take it you rate them?

Massively.

Switched from Megs and Sonax. And they are really good. No dusting at all and a really nice finish with plenty of gloss.

• Like 2

Massively.

Switched from Megs and Sonax. And they are really good. No dusting at all and a really nice finish with plenty of gloss.

Thanks for the recommendation mate. I'll be sure to check them out!

• Like 1

Hey Ben, I've had a look through. Which one would be similar to S17+ or Menz PF please buddy? Also best place to buy? Thanks mate, appreciate the info.

In terms of purchase - I went to Dom @ http://www.shopnshine.co.uk

Direct link to KC selection:-

http://www.shopnshine.co.uk/koch-chemie

10% off here with code = DDD10  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Banger to bling, well done Karl! 

Hey Alan - nice of you to stop in and post on one of our threads! :thumbup:

We really need to try and sort a detailing day with Karl... it didn't happen over summer did it!

• Like 1