Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

My better half came back to the car a few weeks ago to find some idiot had scuffed it and drove on. 
So I’ve had to sand it back and remove the 9H coating and replace it all over again. 
Just relieved the car didn’t need paintwork. 

B5F79682-EAC4-4E85-BA8A-EC7523F4B351.jpeg

391B8A4D-D6CF-4E15-AB11-001E3CA9B3B5.jpeg

CA1AF211-9FE1-4FC1-A0E9-74D684436DAE.jpeg

203CC070-B243-41EB-AD50-FD6F237E68D7.jpeg

E8E8ACA3-E4D4-4B5A-8BE8-F48754DCDEBA.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

The 500 looks great, funny how they are only slightly different to the Ford KA but twice as smart looks wise. 

Thanks. It looks great after quick polish. The photos don't do it justice. I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for it. I don't drive it that often, but it's quite fun when I do. Little 1.2 engine likes to be driven. 

12 hours ago, Marc83 said:

Thanks. It looks great after quick polish. The photos don't do it justice. I have to admit I have a bit of a soft spot for it. I don't drive it that often, but it's quite fun when I do. Little 1.2 engine likes to be driven. 

My wife also has a 500 - in baby blue. Like yours it scrubs up OK. But TBH I avoid driving it, mainly cos it's a manual & requires the use of my left leg (knackered knee), but also because that 1.2 engine (69hp I think) can't pull the skin of a rice pudding. Now, an Abath 500 would be a different proposition!

We are thinking about changing it at some point for a newer used car of similar size but this time with 4 doors so it won't be another 500.  I have looked at small electric cars but TBH they are stupid money so the environment will have to wait until prices reduce dramatically before dip my toe in that particular pond. It also looks like Skoda have no plans for a small electric now they've killed off the Citigo - why did they do that? Even then I'm not sure an electric will make economic sense since my wife only does around 3-4k a year so the cost to change vs the run cost savings of an electric just don't stack up. Chances are we will keep her 500 for a while longer & avoid any cost. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, PaulCanning said:

Just finished my night shifts and thought I'd give the car a good clean in 0 degrees!

Good job ! If the cold doesn't stop you, then I've another two cars here you can do... :biggrin::thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Westbury63 said:

Good job ! If the cold doesn't stop you, then I've another two cars here you can do... :biggrin::thumbup:

Ditto 2 cars here as well. 

Mine's black as well which are a pain to keep clean so hats off for braving the cold. Make sure the doors don't freeze up:worried: Snow forecasted for my area tomorrow & I have a grocery collection booked in.   

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's that time of the year again. The worst of the winter now behind us. Time for a post winter treatment to remove all the salt, grit and all other contaminants from the paintwork. 

Did a fallout remover treatment, thorough wash, dry, machine polished, paint sealant treatment. 

20220311_145754.jpg

20220311_145854.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a few stonechips and scratches on the doors filled in last week; washed, clayed and washed again beforehand; a quick all-over hand polish 2 days later, then waxed.

Wheels are to be refinished in the near-ish future, hopefully....

PXL_20220503_083951209.jpg

PXL_20220503_083930913.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A very quick wash to get the worst of it off, finishing off just as the Sun was going down:

IMG_5173.thumb.jpeg.9953190ba730c6a6c9ccd89fa015e63c.jpeg

Gaz

53 minutes ago, Gaz said:

A very quick wash to get the worst of it off, finishing off just as the Sun was going down:

IMG_5173.thumb.jpeg.9953190ba730c6a6c9ccd89fa015e63c.jpeg

Gaz

That's the problem at the moment. Can't clean the car because of the heat unless I get the pressure washer out very earlier or very late which ain't happening. I only cleaned mine last week & it's already covered in dust again. I'm going through BH Touchless like it's going out of fashion 🚿 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Can't clean the car because of the heat.... 

That's me too 🥵

Temp came down to a bearable 21c, so I thought I'd go for it.  Car wasn't really all that dirty, mostly dust, bird poo, spider's webs, fronds from the bottle brush shrub and bits off the Scots pine.  Even then it was as much as I could muster to get just the hose and a single bucket out 🙄  Still better than taking it to a car wash IMO.

Gaz

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

That's me too 🥵

Temp came down to a bearable 21c, so I thought I'd go for it.  Car wasn't really all that dirty, mostly dust, bird poo, spider's webs, fronds from the bottle brush shrub and bits off the Scots pine.  Even then it was as much as I could muster to get just the hose and a single bucket out 🙄  Still better than taking it to a car wash IMO.

Gaz

👍

The local hand wash near me is now charging £18 inside & out for cars & £22 for SUV's. I decided to upgrade my own wash gear instead & save myself around £440 a year. New longer flexy hose for the Karcher, swivel short trigger gun, MJJC snow foam cannon, BH chemicals /polishes, buckets, mits, micro fibre cloths etc etc. The only snag is it takes me at least 4 hrs to do 2 cars as opposed to 20mins each car down the hand wash:sweat:.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, herbywan said:

What are the best products for cleaning and protecting the leather perforated seats on my new kodiaq please

I use Autoglym Leather care cleaner & balm on the same style of seats in my Treg 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, herbywan said:

How do you go on with the perforations...do they get clogged?

I was to second the Autoglym, as it's easily accessible say popping down to Halfords.  Generally easy to use products etc.

I was to reply last night to suggest you get some microfibre cloths if you haven't already got some, and I had a small wooden nail cleaner type brush with soft bristles (cannot stress that enough) to help loosen any dirt in those pesky little holes.  If you use some stiff brush, then expect to wear your leather down a little quicker.

When you apply product, go with the less is more approach, so don't apply too much at once, and you will find the holes won't be as clogged up.  Do small sections again so you don't get tempted to overload the cleaning product and wipe large amounts all over it.

I tend to find with the leather balms/creams that they are readily absorbed into the leather, almost like it's thirsty!  But apply same idea as cleaning product and don't overload the application.

• Love it! 1

11 minutes ago, varooom said:

I was to second the Autoglym, as it's easily accessible say popping down to Halfords.  Generally easy to use products etc.

I was to reply last night to suggest you get some microfibre cloths if you haven't already got some, and I had a small wooden nail cleaner type brush with soft bristles (cannot stress that enough) to help loosen any dirt in those pesky little holes.  If you use some stiff brush, then expect to wear your leather down a little quicker.

When you apply product, go with the less is more approach, so don't apply too much at once, and you will find the holes won't be as clogged up.  Do small sections again so you don't get tempted to overload the cleaning product and wipe large amounts all over it.

I tend to find with the leather balms/creams that they are readily absorbed into the leather, almost like it's thirsty!  But apply same idea as cleaning product and don't overload the application.

Thank you 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herbywan said:

How do you go on with the perforations...do they get clogged?

No I use a microfibre cloth and apply several thin coats the leather just soaks it up, then another clean dry microfibre to buff the leather after about 10/15 mins 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 12:30, Colin170CR said:

👍

The local hand wash near me is now charging £18 inside & out for cars & £22 for SUV's. I decided to upgrade my own wash gear instead & save myself around £440 a year. New longer flexy hose for the Karcher, swivel short trigger gun, MJJC snow foam cannon, BH chemicals /polishes, buckets, mits, micro fibre cloths etc etc. The only snag is it takes me at least 4 hrs to do 2 cars as opposed to 20mins each car down the hand wash:sweat:.

£18 for a scratch n shine? 😧
Might take you longer now, but at least you're no longer getting grit filled cloths and cheap sh!t chemicals thrown all over your car giving - or it sounds like enhancing - those lovely swirly patterns.
And enjoy the fact it's 4 hours where you're not being dragged round shops or garden centres 😁

• Like 2