Fabia vrs front disks and pads price fitted?

Wtf should be no longer than hr half tops. Even with brake fluid flush. Id say between 150 and 200

You could save yourself atleast half that doing the brake change yourself. Its easy. Even if you have a failed brake caliper

IMO it shouldn't be more than say £150-£180. They should test drive it to bed the brakes in before handing it back. Would be irresponsible to do otherwise. say £200 at the outside.

J.

All the brakes the same or did some come fitted different it's got grooved style disks if that makes a difference ?

Any of the grooved or sports disks wil be more expensive. Would check if the garage are quoting for like-for-like replacement. Also worth checking the size. It's a common upgrade to swap the original 288mm system for the 312mm system from a MK4 chassis car (Octavia VRS/Audi TT, Golf MK4 GTI etc).

J.

Tbh, it is a easy job in a perfect scenario

But is often blighted with problems: 

Wheel nuts seized, rusted.. previous person didnt use copper grease on nuts ><

caliper nuts seized

carrier nuts seized

Wheel rusted stuck on hub

things needed:

18mm socket on caliper

10mm on carrier

w40 for all these seized old bolts

rags, wire brushs

copper grease

brake cleaner

means to move wheel nuts, ie long rench, pipe, 

some way to hold the calliper up, i rest it on a box, others life and hang it on spring

a garage or a sunny day, this is a crap job in the rain..

• Like 1

caliper nuts seized

carrier nuts seized

things needed:

18mm socket on caliper

10mm on carrier

rags, wire brushs

copper grease

brake cleaner

some way to hold the calliper up, i rest it on a box, others life and hang it on spring

I think you can still get hold of freeway penetrating fluid on the web,...makes wd40 seem like Johnsons baby oil (Been using it about 30 years!!)

caliper nuts seized

carrier nuts seized

things needed:

18mm socket on caliper

10mm on carrier

rags, wire brushs

copper grease

brake cleaner

And the other one-last person to remove callipers cross threaded the Allen bolts, making one thread unusable. I had this on mine, and   machine shop said it as a common fault on this design.

ouch, one issue i didnt have...

- but even worst case, you buy discs and pads, just take them to any garage, disc and pads for them is bread and butter... They shouldnt charge more than a hours labour, that should be very max ie skoda charge £80, so im sure a back street garage will do it for £50 -£60, and i wont take them a hour, up on the lift air gun all bolts, 15mins a side. But they will charge a hour.

eurocar parts:

discs £44.40 (pagid)

pads £26.15 (pagid)

labour £60

= £130.55

but 

I got lucky and bought 

mintex front discs £20

mintex pads £24.50

mintex rear disc + pads £25

= £69.50

Edited by FromTheDarkness

Do you think bolts don't round off, threads don't strip and bolts don't snap if your a mechanic?

Ye but, mechanics are more than well prepared and just weld on :P 

I once had to walk 3miles in the rain because i rounded off my only 8mm socket, it takes a few years of sore hands, bad backs, and **** ups.. to be anywhere near as prepared lol

280 is a bit steep to be fair .... If your confident in doing it your self then save a lot of penny's and get it done if your not really confident then it's best stay away or it could end really bad .... Any parts place will do for bits like euro part but don't go for the cheapest ones as they will be made of cheese and if you like to have a play in your fabia you'll soon melt them and will be changing them agin