Mk3 Fabia Owners Register

Hi James

Yes it is a big drop in power. But also a huge cost saving exercise. Current car trade in value was almost full price of the new car :biggrin: Insurance costs are about 40% and the tax for the Combi is only about 20% of the current car. 

Plus it's getting expensive to run a diesel these days. 

I will I'll miss the Audi but there is a lot to like with the Fabia too. 

Less than 3 weeks to go now......

On 18/10/2016 at 22:06, DRSSkoda said:

That's my favourite colour  :thumbup:  can't get it on the SE L  

Love the Monte Carlo, I'll hopefully be picking mine up this week. Meteor Grey too, can't wait!

On 17/10/2016 at 21:42, Octy09 said:

Here's a photo of my Meteor Grey Monte (See post #123 for spec) 

EUJBj0J.jpg

This makes me so excited to pick mine up! Looks incredible!

14 hours ago, Lemto said:

This makes me so excited to pick mine up! Looks incredible!

Thanks! Have you gone for the same colour and spec? Mine's a little dirtier at the moment than it is in this photo! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Octy09 said:

Thanks! Have you gone for the same colour and spec? Mine's a little dirtier at the moment than it is in this photo! 

I think so, I'm not 100% sure, I'm hoping I'm getting the 110bhp 1.2 spec. 

2 hours ago, Lemto said:

I think so, I'm not 100% sure, I'm hoping I'm getting the 110bhp 1.2 spec. 

Cool. Mine's a 1.4 TDI. Heard good things about the 1.2. 

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Ordered my Fabia on 14th Feb from Station Garage Broadbridge Heath and delivered today 10/5

Fabia Mk3 SE 1.2 TSI 110 6 speed manual

Black Magic Pearlescent

15" Matone alloy wheels

Heated Seats

LED daytime running lights

Front fog lights

Voice Control

Collected on Friday! 

Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2TSI 90bhp Hatchback, Meteor Grey

17" Savio alloys 

Everything else is pretty much standard. 

It definitely has a lot more zip to it than my old 1.2 VW Polo! 

Absolutely love the colour, can't wait to get some good weather so I can protect the paint etc. 

IMG_1606.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lemto said:

Collected on Friday! 

17" Savio alloys 

Absolutely love the colour, can't wait to get some good weather so I can protect the paint etc. 

IMG_1606.JPG

Congrats mate looks absolutely mint! And mean!

• Like 1

This is my latest purchase a 66 plate Monte with only 1.5k miles on the clock! Will be picking it up this Friday. Its the 1.2TSI 110PS. Also in Meteor Grey. Which I wasn't a huge fan of in the pictures but looks a lot better when I saw it properly on the car. Going from a 1.6 TDI MK II Monte to this one seemed like a worthwhile upgrade. Just hoping I don't start trying to fill it with diesel lol  

Would love a pair of the 17" Savio Wheels on though. Like above.
AETV10532442_1.jpg.73c61e172e911291ac075764c62c782b.jpg

Finally arrived home yesterday in the rain......... 1.2 TSi 90 SE L Estate, Candy White, 16" Antia black alloys, sunset glass, space saver and variable boot floor.  

IMG_1930.jpg

He's finally here!!!!

Registered 09/05/2017

Fabia Monte Carlo Estate

1.2 TSI 110ps
Meteor Grey
17' Savios

Sports Suspension

Rubber Boot matt
Mudflaps
Spare Wheel
Rear Window Controls

Bloody Lovely!

Pics to come (too busy driving it) the turbo delay took me a bit of getting used to coming from a 52 plate 1.6 megane but christ does this car shift! my old megane felt like it was going through re-entry at 70+ and this car just breezes along without breaking a sweat!

At the moment we've nicknamed him SWEEP - mainly because he's grey, black and red and makes a stupid squeaking noise (the horn) 

• Like 1

Picked mine up on friday with only 1.5k miles on the clock. 

Lovely to drive and made a nice upgrade from my 2012 MK2 Fabia monte carlo.
Really enjoying all the added features compared to the MK2 I had. Just a bit weird how the windows aren't one-touch anymore. 

Pretty standard throughout. Meteor grey too, with spare wheel and rubber mats. Am considering on installing the centre armrest if I feel it's needed once I've been able to get out on some longer journeys in it more.
Also considering on some other little bits like centre tunnel rubber cover (two messy kids often stuck in the back). Mud guards and oddly enough a couple of those little velcro boot hold fixings to stop objects sliding around in the boot as easily.

FB_IMG_1495220770206.jpg

• Like 1

Here is some information on what Skoda offers to us Down Under:

Fabia 66Tsi (base model) which comes standard with:

66Kw 1.2L Tsi engine (the only other choice is the 81Kw Tsi engine mated to the 7 speed DSG)

15" steel wheels

185/60/15 tyres (with South Korean "Nexen" brand tyres - yuk).

6.5" Bolero entertainment system with reversing camera (but no parking sensors), includes MirrorLink, CarPlay and Android Auto

5 speed manual transmission

Non-projector headlights (H4 Hi/Lo bulbs, incandescent DRL's - not LED's)

4 wheel disc brakes (ie, no rear drums), complete with a rather wooden pedal feel

Power windows x 4

Heated mirrors

6 x Airbags

AEB, engine stop/start, regenerative braking

Air conditioning

5 year unlimited kilometre warranty

And quite possibly the zaniest sounding horn I've ever heard!

With the deal I got, the first 4 services free - itself worth around $1,200AUD.

In Australia this entry level car costs about $16,000AU "drive away" (which includes government taxes etc), which converts to roughly 9,200 pounds.

This puts the Fabia firmly in the cheapest new car money can buy territory, and as such it represents brilliant value.

I've found it's the little things that really make this car such great value, like LED licence plate lights at the rear, the reading lights in the back seat and front, lights in the boot and glovebox, a sunglasses holder... many new cars at this entry level end of the market don't have these sorts of touches (not in Australia anyway).

So, apart from a slightly odd sort of squeaking noise from the rear suspension whenever the car comes to a stop, I love my Fabio - "The most beautiful car in the world".

PS Is it just me or does anyone else find the fact that "Fabia" rhymes with a female body part a bit giggly? Especially when I look under the bonnet and see the letters "VAG" plastered everywhere... Nice one Skoda!

• Like 2

Fabia Mk3 Scoutline 1.2TSI 110 Combi (German for Estate)

6 Speed Manual

Laser White

17" Camelots

Heated Seats

Variable Boot Floor

Comfort Pack (Swing surround, heated mirrors, rain sensor, auto lights etc.)

Collected 31/05/2017

Early Impressions. Very quiet, feels a little harsh on cobbles, but haven't checked tyre pressures yet. Way easier to park in Berlin than the outgoing 1999 Passat B5. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 1 month old Fabia is booked in tomorrow to have a ceramic glaze coating applied, and even though I know the first thing they will do is clean it, I couldn't take it in with rain water marks & dust on it!

IMG_5341.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-13 at 21:27, Lemto said:

Collected on Friday! 

17" Savio alloys 

IMG_1606.JPG

Only just noticed.....no roof antenna? Is this a Monte thing or standard on all latest models?

1 hour ago, James777 said:

Only just noticed.....no roof antenna? Is this a Monte thing or standard on all latest models?

Not on any of the Pano roofs, James. Hence, none on the Montes. Built into the heated rear screen. And sometimes on fixed side-windows as well (that, usually on estates).

Edited by Dithane

On 2017-6-23 at 21:21, Dithane said:

Not on any of the Pano roofs, James. Hence, none on the Montes. Built into the heated rear screen. And sometimes on fixed side-windows as well (that, usually on estates).

Oh yeah that makes complete sense.....silly me, I forget about the pano as I don't have one myself.

• Like 1