A Grand Day Out

ncarring

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Colin, and great to meet some new and familiar faces as well. Nick, I can now say that my interior is considerably cleaner than in the shot you took! I was disappointed that I had to bale out of the drive after having to bale out the car (those of you there will know what I mean), and sorry to Pete and Q for holding them up for so long! :o

Great day only otherwise spoiled for me by the tuuat in the Corsa who nearly forced me into the path of the Beemer coming in the other direction :mad:

Looking forward to the (unaccompanied!!) next one!

Cheers all,

Originally posted by mellowyellow in this post

Geoff , not in my case ......................wouldn't dream of taking a bucket on holiday with me ...............although another nameless yellow owner might do ;)

Name him !! :D

Strangest sight of the weekend...

Exiting the hotel at 8 am on saturday morning to find several Skoda drivers DRYING their cars !!! :rolleyes::)

Originally posted by mellowyellow in this post

Geoff , not in my case ......................wouldn't dream of taking a bucket on holiday with me ...............although another nameless yellow owner might do ;)

Buckets are useful to carry - Would have been handy it Geof travelled with a bucket in his car would have saved the pebledash spoiling the leather trim - I find that a bucket is also useful for stopping the standby stock of 13 stella bottles rattling around the boot..

And what about the nameless Dutch guy who when asked - Do you ever clean your car on holiday? answered no - but was seen after breakfast shamying the car off ;)

John

Originally posted by stopan1j in this post

Buckets are useful to carry - Would have been handy it Geof travelled with a bucket in his car would have saved the pebledash spoiling the leather trim - I find that a bucket is also useful for stopping the standby stock of 13 stella bottles rattling around the boot..

And what about the nameless Dutch guy who when asked - Do you ever clean your car on holiday? answered no - but was seen after breakfast shamying the car off ;)

John

T'was Howard with the child-induced pebble-dashing sir ;)

And as for the Dutch guy, i refer the members to my previous post :D

Originally posted by stopan1j in this post

Hmmm - sounds like an excuse for a sneaky car-wash frenzy to me .... apparently some VRS owners wash their cars twice a day on holiday ... :p

I've already shoved all my feelings in my thread, but I saw the pic below and just wondered if anyone fancies a caption competition for what everyone is saying staring into my open boot? :D

Dscf0015_anon.jpg

I think congrats are due to Nick for getting the first published piccie of my car lowered - although its not easy to tell from distance. :thumbup: