Roof Bars

I have been looking at getting a set of roof bars for my Octy, for large things and items you dont really want inside the car, mother in law etc. I had a set for my Yeti which were genuine Skoda, but suspect they are made by Thule anyway. Any comments or recommendations gratefully received.

I got the Skoda bars FOC when I bought my car as part of the deal. They are very easy to fit, lockable and require no tools. Usual 75 kg max load and with the variable floor have a specific space in the boot. That means they are in the car all the time, if you are out and suddenly need them.

• 2 months later...

I got the Skoda bars FOC when I bought my car as part of the deal. They are very easy to fit, lockable and require no tools. Usual 75 kg max load and with the variable floor have a specific space in the boot. That means they are in the car all the time, if you are out and suddenly need them.

Will they fir under the VBF WITH the Canton sub in the space on the left? or are they full width?

Cheers,

I bought the Thule Aerobars for my Octy. Not the cheapest but they work very well & are easy to lock & take on/off.

Fairly quiet on the highway if you fit correctly the rubber inserts around the fixings & feet.

I bought mine through a combination of Amazon UK, Amazon DE and RoofRacks.co.uk

https://roofracks.co.uk/Thule-Fit-Guide/_-/?make=Skoda&model=Octavia&version=III&type=Estate&rails=with-roof-rails&modelYear=2013-plus&id=33

I recommend RoofRacks for their Key Matching service so you can have the same key for all your Thule products.

I have bought a pair of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120cm-UNIVERSAL-ALUMINIUM-CAR-ROOF-BARS-RACK-LOCKING-AERO-CROSS-RAILS-/191515992130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c973e2042

Very solid and look good, from the EBay bishop for Allen Ford.

For the amount of tines I will use them, they are very much worth the money compared to very expensive in terms, of the Thule bars

• Like 1

I use the Halfords own brand boggo standard ones, they go on and off in about 2 minutes and don't cost the earth....and they fitted my old mk2, my current mk3 and my winter Scooby....

I have been looking at getting a set of roof bars for my Octy, for large things and items you dont really want inside the car, mother in law etc. I had a set for my Yeti which were genuine Skoda, but suspect they are made by Thule anyway. Any comments or recommendations gratefully received.

the lidl roof bars at £27 are great value

I wouldn't spend that kind of money just to carry the mother in law though

just use a tow rope and drag her along    :D

• Like 1

Will they fir under the VBF WITH the Canton sub in the space on the left? or are they full width?

Cheers,

They do go right across in the space just aft of the wheel arches. But in answer to your question I couldn't say as I don't have the upgraded sound system.