Simpsons PCH Deal

Yes, 8000 miles.

I got a few quotes for different deposits. With 3 months deposit, around £785 the payment was £262 or something.

At £199 a month it is one hell of a car for that. My wife pays £150 for an 1.2 Ibiza on a pcp !

On a Pcp on an Octavia it is £260 a month for a standard car and that is with a £7000 deposit !

Nice. Yeah when I went to my local York Skoda dealer I asked if they could match the Simpsons deal they basically said no chance. The best they could offer me was to buy one outright and if I wanted to make similar monthly payments (around the £200-£300 mark) then it would be around a £7.5k deposit. That reinforced that the Simpsons deal was a good offer.

Nice one ! I wasn't told that 3 years was an option on mine.

Is yours for the standard 8000 miles ? I had to bump mine up to 16,000 per year due to work. Which put the price up to £254 straight away. By the time I'd added all the spec I wanted it was over £300 p/m. Whoops. Seems if I went a bit easier on kitting it out I could have got an extra year out of it for the same price. Lessing for me for next time :)

We're having ours for 4 yrs. . . . 6+47, 10K, tyres & servicing on PCH.

Looks like the deal has continued but now £300 extra on the deposit (now a straightforward 9+23).

Some good deals to be had on a Yeti though... the 170 4x4 Elegance is still available for £1000 down and £200pm

Ooh, glad I bought the Scout when I did now, the deposit on the manual has gone up by £590 and the mileage has gone down to 8000 pa; still good but nowhere near the bargain it was.

A friend of mine contacted them about the yeti elegance 170 on website states £199 a month. They could get him a black one immediate delivery with just a spare wheel option the monthly payment jumps to £225 a month. Their reason for such a jump in payment over the stated £199 they gotta build an artificial floor to level things off. I told him that's a bloody expensive wheel.

I've seen this and would be very tempted next time I'm due to renew my current PCP deal.

One question though, with PCP you always have a deposit due to the equity in the car's value. With PCH won't you have to find the £1800 deposit every 2-3 years? Not easy unless you save up for separately for the deposit, which would then effectively push up the monthly cost.

I've seen this and would be very tempted next time I'm due to renew my current PCP deal.

One question though, with PCP you always have a deposit due to the equity in the car's value. With PCH won't you have to find the £1800 deposit every 2-3 years? Not easy unless you save up for separately for the deposit, which would then effectively push up the monthly cost.

Given the rate of depreciation and the excessively high GMFV offered by Skoda to keep monthly PCP payments low, I think there will be very few people with any equity at the end of the agreement. I'd expect Skoda to try to recoup some costs by being less lenient on fair wear and tear.

16 months into a 42 month agreement, my car is now worth about £2500 more than the GMFV. I'd be amazed if it doesn't lose that value in this time so for me, keeping the car would be more expensive than buying a different one and I'll still have no equity for a new PCP so there is no difference.

Given the rate of depreciation and the excessively high GMFV offered by Skoda to keep monthly PCP payments low, I think there will be very few people with any equity at the end of the agreement. I'd expect Skoda to try to recoup some costs by being less lenient on fair wear and tear.

16 months into a 42 month agreement, my car is now worth about £2500 more than the GMFV. I'd be amazed if it doesn't lose that value in this time so for me, keeping the car would be more expensive than buying a different one and I'll still have no equity for a new PCP so there is no difference.

I can't see Skoda going for the cheapshot at the end of the deal, that'd just be like shooting their own reputation in the foot.

The idea of a car finance package being an investment is as laughable as a 1990's endowment policy paying out. PCP is like renting the car for its depreciation cost and that alone or put another way, you get a new car for the monthly cost of a three year old one on HP, PCH is just the current package which someone with MBA at SUK worked out as being cheaper still.

Skoda are just funding todays market share from tommorows balance sheet thats all, our best hope as buyers is to track down the best deal for us when we need a new car, moaning about our deal when a better one comes along is just sour grapes.

• Like 1

I can't see Skoda going for the cheapshot at the end of the deal, that'd just be like shooting their own reputation in the foot.

Skoda are just funding todays market share from tommorows balance sheet thats all, our best hope as buyers is to track down the best deal for us when we need a new car, moaning about our deal when a better one comes along is just sour grapes.

Skoda will keep their market share in part due to good finance packages and their very clever business models. You're right, there is no point moaning. I worked out the cheapest way of getting in a new car for 3 years when combining deposit, monthly payments and servicing and went with that. I didn't assume that there would be any equity in the vehicle at the end so not having any is fine.

What I would say to others though is when working out the total cost of 'ownership' for the duration of the PCP, don't assume that there will be any equity because chances are, there won't be. The deal we had with free servicing, 0%, reasonable discounts and in my case a high GMFV as I've no intention of keeping the car means that the deal would be hard to beat even without added equity.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

* Thread revival*!

I'm having trouble getting any useful information out of the people at Simpsons Skoda so can anyone who has successfully taken delivery of an Octavia vRS on this deal, please can you let me know who you spoke to and how long it took from them receiving the car until you could take delivery?. Twice now I have been waiting on a phone call that never came and the guy I was dealing with is on leave until the 8th June, I have also tried emails via several addresses but no joy again. I have been sort of led to believe that the car should be with them now and was hoping on collecting this Saturday but that now seems very unlikely!!

I know there are other threads with similar posts about this deal however this was the most obvious one to ask for help rather than post in every one I could remember!

Thanks in advance

Steve

* Thread revival*!

I'm having trouble getting any useful information out of the people at Simpsons Skoda so can anyone who has successfully taken delivery of an Octavia vRS on this deal, please can you let me know who you spoke to and how long it took from them receiving the car until you could take delivery?. Twice now I have been waiting on a phone call that never came and the guy I was dealing with is on leave until the 8th June, I have also tried emails via several addresses but no joy again. I have been sort of led to believe that the car should be with them now and was hoping on collecting this Saturday but that now seems very unlikely!!

I know there are other threads with similar posts about this deal however this was the most obvious one to ask for help rather than post in every one I could remember!

Thanks in advance

Steve

So am I right in assuming you have ordered a vRS under this deal with Simpsons?

If so don't you have a contact for the fleet sales executive you dealt with?

I took a vRS out on this deal but I went to my local skoda dealer, they matched Simpsons deal.

As I said the contact I had is on holiday until the 8th June and the last contact from a lady said the car should be with them either Friday last week or Monday this week. My work pattern is all over the place at the moment but I'm off this weekend so working off the info given I would of liked to collect this weekend but so far this week can' t seem to get any answers, all I want to know is has the car has landed as I have had no paperwork through yet either which I was informed would be around 2 weeks before they got the car.

After this weekend it gets annoying as it could be a few weeks with it just sat there. It's OK I'll just have to keep trying them

Which branch did you order through and when did you order? I ordered last week in March and as of 10 days ago was still at the factory waiting for a transporter. Was told to expect delivery mid-June.

Simpsons Preston/Colne, I had been told via the missus who managed contact a week ago that it was in transit to them and she was told it would be with them either Friday gone or Monday this week. I just need to know roughly where it's at so I can plan ahead due to work commitments. They said I should have the paperwork which I don't so just trying to get answers from them!!

One of my original queries was how long from when they get it until they contact you to organise collection, if anyone knows that would be great.

Simpsons Preston/Colne, I had been told via the missus who managed contact a week ago that it was in transit to them and she was told it would be with them either Friday gone or Monday this week. I just need to know roughly where it's at so I can plan ahead due to work commitments. They said I should have the paperwork which I don't so just trying to get answers from them!!

One of my original queries was how long from when they get it until they contact you to organise collection, if anyone knows that would be great.

I can only give you my experience which is not with Simpsons.

My car got to the dealer in 8 days from leaving the factory.

However I think I may have been lucky as I have heard stories of people waiting 3-4 weeks.

Unfortunately Simpsons are now not In control of anything. Your car is in the hands of the gods as my dealer told me. It may clear Emden (port in Germany in a day or two then sit in Grimsby (port in UK for weeks waiting for a transporter to deliver to Simpsons.

Once my car was at the deers they had it Valeted and PDI'd in 2 days for me to collect.

I can only give you my experience which is not with Simpsons.

My car got to the dealer in 8 days from leaving the factory.

However I think I may have been lucky as I have heard stories of people waiting 3-4 weeks.

Unfortunately Simpsons are now not In control of anything. Your car is in the hands of the gods as my dealer told me. It may clear Emden (port in Germany in a day or two then sit in Grimsby (port in UK for weeks waiting for a transporter to deliver to Simpsons.

Once my car was at the deers they had it Valeted and PDI'd in 2 days for me to collect.

Thank you for that mate, that now puts things in perspective. I'll just have to sit tight and see what happens!

I ordered an Octavia VRS Estate on lease from Simpsons on March the 23rd. I emailed today to find that Bob is on Holiday until next week. I phoned the number on the email and spoke to a helpful chap called Dennis.

Dennis confirmed that my car is at Grimsby but couldn't give a definite date as to when it will be ready to pick it up, he did however give me the registration but it will be of little use at the moment

in regards, to insurance as it will not be on any system as yet.

This has probably not been of much use in regards to your car but I not expecting to pick mine up for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1