April Yorkshire Group Meet - Saturday 25th April 2015 location TBD

16 members have voted

1. 1. Location for the april meet?

• The Old Post Office, S75 4DE
    • Whetherby Whaler, Guisely, LS20 8LZ
    • The Stockyard Truck Stop, Rotherham, S66 8HN
    • Billy Bobs Ice cream parlour, BD23 6EU

Hey Guys 

Back by popular demand is the monthly yorkshire meet :)

I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone for the spectacular attendance we had last time and i hope to continue that level of attendance if not get even bigger month by month.

The meet is as always on the last saturday of the month which this month lands on the 25th of April and as for the location we have a bit of a discussion to form here as we have several options forming :)

Due to a past visit by another car group if we want to continue meeting at the old post office i have to get in touch with the manager who i have the e-mail address for which i will be e-mailing at somepoint just to get a gist of whether they would paying for this function we would be running on there property 

The other options we have are as follows:

The Whetherby Whaler in Guisely LS20 8LZ 

A suggestion brought by a few people at the last meeting and whetherby whaler fish and chips are usually involved in the monthly meets as we usually go to the wakefield one but this one has a bigger car park so more of an appropraite chippy for a group our size.

The Stockyard Truck Stop, Rotherham S66 8HN 

A HUUUUUGE car park with its own on site restaurant which has been used by large car groups in the past as i have personally attended a yorkshire dubs meet there and it is an ideal location for a car meet :) They had a photographer set up at the entrance of it for the dubs meet taking photos as people arrived which is an idea to think of if there is anyone out there with a more proffessional camera than my samsung galaxy S5 haha 

Billy Bobs Ice Cream Parlour BD23 6EU

It has been suggested that we take a dive into the dales as simbo and his good lady have suggested there is a particularly nice ice cream parlour out there now ive searched for them and this is the one i can find so simbo if you see this can you make sure ive got the right one? haha

The attendance of this meet is growing as the weather gets better which was bound to happen but i was astounded by the attendance last time and i would love to see if we can beat it this time round :)

*SIDE NOTE*

I sincerely apologise to the members that came that i didnt manage to get around to chatting with, with one thing and another i ended up being a fairly busy boy so i am sorry about that and shall try to make a better effort in future 

Lets have some fun! :) 

Let me know your thoughts on the locations i have tried to setup a poll but i dont know if it worked 

Craig

I'll update and fix that....

If we have the run out to Billy Bob's - my girlfriend and the kids might come along as well  :thumbup:

Attendees:-

1. Craig
2. David
3. Vrsadz
4. Simbo
5. samuir1974

6. chrisrs

• Like 2

Count me in for this one. Sorry for the non attendance last month but something had come up last minute that day.

But any venue is fine I don't mind. Closer to Chesterfield the better. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Womble50
  • Like 1

Should be able to make this one, finally! Guiseley gets my vote too, as it's the closest to me :)

1. Craig
2. David
3. Vrsadz
4. Simbo
5. samuir1974
6. chrisrs
7.nbjubilee
8.Womble50
9. pee81
10. dbg400

• Like 1

Sorry guys it would have been the whaler but not off at a  weekend till 9/10 May as stated in other thread   :'(    They wanted me to work my scheduled day off on Bank holiday monday i said no way,( Elescar )  so the managers doing it, shame working Sunday as well so cleaning the car when ive cyucled home at 7pm 

Been to the Wetherby Whaler for tea tonight. Father in laws 80th birthday... First time since the old Harry Ramsden's era. ACE fish n chips, for the bargain price of £8.50 including tea, bread n butter. Mushy peas extra!

Recommend we book a table once we have numbers nearer the time. Was busy on a Wednesday tea time - a Saturday afternoon could be even more so.

They have a function room, how about trying to book that and get a discount and a regular meet there might pay off.

Hang on...............I'm working the day of the next meet, see you all on Headingley station at 17:36

• Like 2

Been to the Wetherby Whaler for tea tonight. Father in laws 80th birthday... First time since the old Harry Ramsden's era. ACE fish n chips, for the bargain price of £8.50 including tea, bread n butter. Mushy peas extra!

Recommend we book a table once we have numbers nearer the time. Was busy on a Wednesday tea time - a Saturday afternoon could be even more so.

Sounds good Simbo.... looking forward to it!!! :thumbup: