Octavia build dates for new orders

I placed my order for O3 on 2nd October and is still waiting for the car. Checked with the dealer and there isnt any confirmed built date.

How do you guys check with Skoda UK on the order?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Where about's are you in the world???

What did you order??

Edited by davitc

I didn't get much information from my dealer, so just phoned Skoda customer services. If you have an order number they can look it up easily enough, or otherwise they managed to find mine manually eventually.

They've got a department that deal with the orders, so should be able to give you an update.

Where about's are you in the world???

What did you order??

hey, i am from singapore and have ordered a UK spec O3 greenline with a few options added. it is meant for export. 

I didn't get much information from my dealer, so just phoned Skoda customer services. If you have an order number they can look it up easily enough, or otherwise they managed to find mine manually eventually.

They've got a department that deal with the orders, so should be able to give you an update.

thanks! will try that out.

Finally picked up the VRS this morning. Really really happy with it. 16 week wait in total.attachicon.gifDSC_0019~2.JPGattachicon.gifDSC_0010~2.JPGattachicon.gifDSC_0008~2.JPG

Like the Sunset glass,  all goes together nicely with the black pack and 19" wheels.

I went for a Race Blue but wish I'd gone for the black pack and sunset glass now   :notme:

Edited by davitc
  • Like 1

hey, i am from singapore and have ordered a UK spec O3 greenline with a few options added. it is meant for export. 

thanks! will try that out.

Was wondering why it would take that time for delivery  :nerd:

Like the Sunset glass,  all goes together nicely with the black pack and 19" wheels.

I went for a Race Blue but wish I'd gone for the black pack and sunset glass now   :notme:

It looks better in the flesh. So glad i went for this colour scheme and black pack plus.

It sounds awsome when you put it in VrS Sports mode!

• Like 1

Just wanted to ask people who have cars arriving in the next few weeks.  What are the benefits of waiting until March 1st? 

Is it the new registration mark? or will it give you a better trade in deal in a few years?

I will be putting a private registration on mine so nobody will no its a new registration but if it means a better trade in value then I would wait.  Just means having the car sat in the dealership for 3 weeks... 

It is a widely accepted fact that the value at trade in etc is influenced by the date of first registration. That is one of the reasons they changed the system to get 2 'new' registration dates.......1st March and 1st Sept. It evens out the sales spikes as well.

It might only make a few hundred pounds difference in the value but it seems prudent to wait for the new registration date once you get within a few weeks of it.

Mine is also having a private plate but will have a 1st March date of first registration and a 16 plate instead of a 65 when it gets sold so 'should' get a better trade in or sale value

• Like 1

Hello all. I tried to place my order for a VRS hatch yesterday and was told that the lead time is now 20 weeks!

This pushed delivery past the end date of the loyalty offer Skoda are doing just now, so I left it with the dealer to see if he could do anything. After discussion with Skoda it seems that the end date for this offer is to be extended to August, in line with new Superb orders.

I therefore placed an order for a Candy White VRS TSI (220) hatch. Only additions are the black pack and spare wheel. I'm driving a Fiesta at the moment so it'll be nice to get back into something with a bit of poke!

• Like 1

Signed for car in Friday ready for a Friday 29th Jan delivery. Got my reg no sorted so just got to wait now. V excited! Will have taken 7 and a half weeks from order to delivery so hope you guys that are being quoted 20 weeks plus don't have to wait that long.

• Like 1

Ouch! What options did you go for?

Only the black pack and spare wheel. Just what I saw as the essentials!

The dealer has since told me that "a couple of quicker build slots have opened up" so it could be delivered a bit sooner. Dunno where this info is coming from though... Does the dealer have access to more accurate build times once the order is placed? Do build slots just appear?

But it should be no different compared to a car ordered for use in UK as it will be delivered to the dealer. It has been 16 weeks without a confirmed built date!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hopefully you should get some good news soon  :sweat:

Got my build week confirmed by the dealer as week 5 today so it's being built next week or the week after.

Will definitely ready for the end of March which is cool.

• Like 1

Only the black pack and spare wheel. Just what I saw as the essentials!

The dealer has since told me that "a couple of quicker build slots have opened up" so it could be delivered a bit sooner. Dunno where this info is coming from though... Does the dealer have access to more accurate build times once the order is placed? Do build slots just appear?

One of 3 things :

Dealer is swapping with a slot for an unsold build (stock or demo) that's already been placed and is ahead in queue

Factory has released some reserve slots (initially would hold some back for contingencies)

Factory has delayed another build and swapped slots (the delayed one has an option that has a supply problem)

There is also some sort of rationing or quota system (someone else will have to explain this in detail), where dealers can only order a certain number of each model each month (seems to be to avoid dealers hoarding factory capacity vs other dealers). Clearly those with slow sales will release some spare slots

• Like 1

Hi, placed my order on Saturday, and have today been told that it would be with me at the start of March.

They manage to tag one that was already in build, assuming that I wanted red stitching (which I did).

I have been told today that if I wanted to add SmartLink, it would be a 16 week lead time...

I didn't bother...

• Like 1

Dilemma...

Just had a call from my dealers - my new vRS 220 arrives tomorrow - do I take it as a January car or wait knowing that it is sat at the dealerships until March.

Current car 2014 vRS tdi, more toys on the new one and its a new one!

• Like 1