Octavia build dates for new orders

Just had an email today, ordered 29th Dec both Rapid and Octavia VRS are being built in week 6.

Ordered mine 27th November and build penciled in for week 3, chased up dealer this week (week 4) but no clear news but said it was still penciled in build week 3. Getting real impatient  :sweat:

Has anyone had a delivery quicker than 12 weeks? I'm looking for an order with a few factory options but I don't want to receive the car before the last week in April.

Ordered my Scout on Dec 1st and took delivery on Thursday so 8 weeks and 2 days from order to collection! Was told 12-14 at time of order.

After two years of my VRS Tsi DSG Hatch spending a lot time in the workshop for warranty issues, Skoda have kindly agreed to keep me as a customer and helped me get into a new car, so placed my order on Friday

Candy White Tdi manual estate

Black + pack

Smart link

Winter pack

Been given a provisional build of week 9 although when ordering I was told it could be up to 16-20 weeks.

Edited by Ricey

Has anyone had a delivery quicker than 12 weeks? I'm looking for an order with a few factory options but I don't want to receive the car before the last week in April.

Ordered vRS220 1st December with a few extras - arrived at dealership last Tuesday, pick her up on Tuesday, so around 8 weeks to dealer, 9 weeks for collection. Was told it would be at least 14 weeks when ordered

• Like 1

Ordered vRS220 1st December with a few extras - arrived at dealership last Tuesday, pick her up on Tuesday, so around 8 weeks to dealer, 9 weeks for collection. Was told it would be at least 14 weeks when ordered

Awesome, ordered mine end of November but still waiting. Was pencilled in for build week 3 and been in touch with dealer since who still believes build 3 it was.

vRS TDi Manual Hatchback with 2 options KESSY & Front/Rear Parking Sensors.

Ive been told today that Im marked down for week 9. Order placed 21st of Jan. Still needs to get the boat after that though lol. Either way looks like I'll have a fresh 16 plate with no additional wait!

Candy White VRS 2.0TSI

Heated front seats

Mirror pack

Space saver

Colour MFI

Just need to put up with the Seat Leon for another month or so....

• Like 1

Anyone build week 5? Should be next week right? How long to get to Ireland then?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mine is apparently being built next week.

My dealer reckons mid to end of march for mine !

Mine is apparently being built next week.

My dealer reckons mid to end of march for mine !

What?! Mine is set for build week 11(14th Mar) and the dealer still think ill have he keys in the last week of March.

Am I a mug for believing them?

What?! Mine is set for build week 11(14th Mar) and the dealer still think ill have he keys in the last week of March.

Am I a mug for believing them?

Sounds quite punchy, guess it depends on the shipping. Mine was a week 1 build and arrives with dealer tomorrow and picking up on Saturday.

Anyone build week 5? Should be next week right? How long to get to Ireland then?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yep, supposed to be build week 5 next week (ordered on 28/Oct). I'm guessing it'll be 3-4wks before it gets to Ireland. Dealer said to call them back on 8/Feb for an update, they'll know more on shipping then they said.

• Like 1

I think theres an extra delay for those two above Lew due to veing in Ireland, dont panic lol ;)

Phew! I wouldn't mind waiting another few weeks but got my heart set on having it before I take a long trip to the Corawolds in early April

I think theres an extra delay for those two above Lew due to veing in Ireland, dont panic lol ;)

I'm not in Ireland.

I'm in Scotland and just going off what my dealer has told me.

I ordered my Octavia on 29th Dec, been told this week it's currently in build at the factory so I should expect it in 3-4 weeks - hopefully after the 1st March for a 16 plate!

Went for a vRS 2.0 TDI estate in Rallye Green, with options of sunset glass, heated front seats and Smartllnk. It'll be my first brand new car - somewhat of a change from my previous cars though - Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI, but between the two Czech motors I've just sold my Honda S2000!

I ordered my Octavia on 29th Dec, been told this week it's currently in build at the factory so I should expect it in 3-4 weeks - hopefully after the 1st March for a 16 plate!

Went for a vRS 2.0 TDI estate in Rallye Green, with options of sunset glass, heated front seats and Smartllnk. It'll be my first brand new car - somewhat of a change from my previous cars though - Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI, but between the two Czech motors I've just sold my Honda S2000!

Ordered 27th Nov, I was told 2nd week mine was pencilled in for Build week 3. 2 options KESSY and front parking sensors. Emailed week 4 and they said it was still penciled in week 3.

Not too impressed with the dealer so far to be honest surely they can give me more info. Spoke to Skoda customer care (to give him his credit for phoning me back within 20mins) who couldn't get the much more info from the dealer either.

Original sales person who I ordered  with, has not replied to me since Xmas.

I'm going to give them a week and then be on phone??

Edited by davitc

For anyone hoping to get their car in March....

When do we get to pick our number plate ?

I can't wait for mine to come now. I'm sat out in the middle east with work until the 23rd March and collecting the vrs will be one of the first things I do after saying hello to the wife and kids !!

Why? What information is it vital you have? GPS tracking through the factory?

Not really, just thought I wouldn't have to go weeks without having to ask them how thing are progressing, Is this too much too ask after 13 weeks quoted and just coming up end of week 10

Edited by davitc

Why? What information is it vital you have? GPS tracking through the factory?

I would expect a call once the car is built so that I don't get a call the day it arrives.

I can't just set a few hours aside with a few days notice, so I expect my dealer to give me realistic expectations and updates regarding my £30k purchase.

Edited by LewJo
  • Like 1

Jus had email today mine is at vheck point 38 (awaiting shipment).

Anyone know what exactly that means.

Comments greatly appreciated to keep a big grown up kid almost sane  :sweat:  

Wish Skoda had the same tracking facilities as other Marques

Edited by davitc
  • Like 1