Octavia build dates for new orders

Are orders placed now for the pre- or post-facelift car? I ask because it seems the UK configurator is still showing the former, but I understood that the latter is now being built.

The current orders are for pre-facelift cars but they are closing the order book. They are no longer accepting orders for the VRS, for example. Not sure about other variants.

Ordered 14th October. (Norway)

Build week not confirmed at the last check yesterday.

Octavia 1.8 tsi, DSG, 4x4, Quartz grey.

With lots of equipment that my wife won even notice.

Got a built week today.

Unfortunately not before week 1-2017

I better not be having a facelift one - it's not what I saw in the showroom, test drove or ordered. Still a bit peeved that I've had no build date - had an email from the salesman on Monday to say this - tried to ring to speak to him yesterday, call not returned. Conveniently it's his day off today (as well as mine) so may pop down on Saturday to find out what's going on!

I better not be having a facelift one - it's not what I saw in the showroom, test drove or ordered. Still a bit peeved that I've had no build date - had an email from the salesman on Monday to say this - tried to ring to speak to him yesterday, call not returned. Conveniently it's his day off today (as well as mine) so may pop down on Saturday to find out what's going on!

I don't think they're building the facelift until March so you'll be getting a prefacelift. I very much doubt the current offers will be offered on the new model, initially at least.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit disheartening for me to see the number of people who have ordered cars after me and have had build dates before mine (or even have received their cars already!) - reinforces my thoughts that the dealer I bought my car from is clearly hopeless!

I ordered my car (VRS TSI 220) on the 28th of August (with an estimated delivery date of 27/11).

Build week ended up being Week 48 (i.e. w/c 28/11) - I've been told on 1/12 that the car has left the factory and is in transit, they are optimistic that I will be able to collect it before Christmas.

Oh, my options were Race Blue, Canton stereo, privacy glass, folding mirrors, SmartLink, spare wheel and the 'Simply Clever' package.

Chris

Ordered my VRS TSi estate with DSG on 27th October. Build week confirmed as Wk51 so it looks like I'll have to wait until the new year.

Message from the dealer said mine is going to be built next week . Looks like mid January delivery, I hope.

It's a bit disheartening for me to see the number of people who have ordered cars after me and have had build dates before mine (or even have received their cars already!) - reinforces my thoughts that the dealer I bought my car from is clearly hopeless!

I ordered my car (VRS TSI 220) on the 28th of August (with an estimated delivery date of 27/11).

Build week ended up being Week 48 (i.e. w/c 28/11) - I've been told on 1/12 that the car has left the factory and is in transit, they are optimistic that I will be able to collect it before Christmas.

Oh, my options were Race Blue, Canton stereo, privacy glass, folding mirrors, SmartLink, spare wheel and the 'Simply Clever' package.

Chris

Same build weeks as mine, 1.6 tdi se sports race blue, ordered 31st october, looks like could be on same boat as I am also told should be able to collect before Christmas. Edited by POWYSWALES

Dealer has just told me that it is still at status 10 and now looking a February!

Not a happy bunny - is there any way to track an order online?

Not that I know of. I would chase it up with the dealer. Mine went from wk4/2017 to wk51/2016 to wk1/2017 and now it seems it will be built wk50/2016. I honestly think your dealer is slacking. It should have been moved to status 20 by now and a build date confirmed.

Dealer has just told me that it is still at status 10 and now looking a February!

Not a happy bunny - is there any way to track an order online?

Not as far as I'm aware - you need to starting paying Audi or VW sort of money for your car if you want little "extras" like this!

Ordered 5th November

1.0SE estate with a few bells and whistles - but not many

No build date yet  - still at stage 10 according to dealer

Starting to get impatient

I waited almost three months to finally get a build date for my car - a fortnight is nothing!

Same build weeks as mine, 1.6 tdi se sports race blue, ordered 31st october, looks like could be on same boat as I am also told should be able to collect before Christmas.

I've been told this morning that my car has now reached "Status 39" which means it has shipped to the UK - hopefully yours will be on the same boat!

I've been told this morning that my car has now reached "Status 39" which means it has shipped to the UK - hopefully yours will be on the same boat!

Hi, just spoke to my dealer and told it was showing as on the ship yesterday and should reach the uk port the weekend, she said it takes 8 working days from uk port to dealers, so looks like it could be at the dealers around the 21st, it is going to be close but looks like we may just get are cars just before christmas.

Hi, just spoke to my dealer and told it was showing as on the ship yesterday and should reach the uk port the weekend, she said it takes 8 working days from uk port to dealers, so looks like it could be at the dealers around the 21st, it is going to be close but looks like we may just get are cars just before christmas.

I'm sure the 8 working days is to potentially cover a delay at UK customs - hopefully (for me) the ship comes into Sheerness as that means a short trip of 30 miles for my car to the dealer. 

Edit: Just had an e-mail to say my car is at UK port and awaiting customs clearance :)

Edited by orangepants

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered 14th October. (Norway)

Build week not confirmed at the last check yesterday.

Octavia 1.8 tsi, DSG, 4x4, Quartz grey.

With lots of equipment that my wife won even notice.

I got an update from the dealers yesterday.

Both good and bad news.

The bad news was already known information for me that due to adjustment in the taxes for 2017, the car will hold me back another 600£.

The good news was that the car went into production this week.

Hopefully I could pick it up at the end of January.

Ordered my VRS TSi estate with DSG on 27th October. Build week confirmed as Wk51 so it looks like I'll have to wait until the new year.

Well, it's sitting on a boat at the dock or has been put on the quayside so I should receive it within a week to 10 days. Dealer said hopefully by the 8th. The end of October seems like an age ago!

I got an update from the dealers yesterday.

Both good and bad news.

The bad news was already known information for me that due to adjustment in the taxes for 2017, the car will hold me back another 600£.

The good news was that the car went into production this week.

Hopefully I could pick it up at the end of January.

New update today.

The car is finally finished in production.

Now I just have to deal with my patience with the shipping from the factory to Norway.