Suzuki Vitara (New model) and S Cross Thread

Alot of car for the money and the 1.6 petrol is v frugal given its relatively modest power and lack of torque....they dont weigh alot though which helps.

Fairly straightforward with some old school Jap tininess but means real world they are generally v reliable and dont fall apart.

The Vitara I think will be a better bet residually than the S Cross too.

I like the S Cross still (it has heated seat-not an option on the Vitara!) and if I could have got one for the price of the Vitara I'd have been super tempted, but so far the Vitara has been excellent. Trouble is I got it on the low mileage 8K a year PCP and I think I might go well over that :D

Well today us the day I'm hoping to sample it's amazing economy :)

Out of interest does anyone know if putting LED number plate bulbs in will throw up any error messages on the dash?

No it won't give any error :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well today us the day I'm hoping to sample it's amazing economy :)

Out of interest does anyone know if putting LED number plate bulbs in will throw up any error messages on the dash?

To help the 'cameras'?

No actually lol. The camera works brilliantly with the standard light bulbs. It's just I prefer the look of the LED bulbs ;)

yes  :yes:   the reversing camera is fantastic in the dark. It does pick up the dirt a bit in the heavy rain we've been having of late though. Still, it's easy to wipe clean.

• Like 1

No actually lol. The camera works brilliantly with the standard light bulbs. It's just I prefer the look of the LED bulbs ;)

I just wonder what the drivers following think about the brightness they're looking at on dark country roads.

I just wonder what the drivers following think about the brightness they're looking at on dark country roads.

They're not bright enough to dazzle them. I had them on my Octavia and they set the car off nicely. Lots of manufacturers are now fitting LED bulbs as standard.

Well I'm back at home now after my few days away and I can not praise the Vitara enough. It's dealt with mud, water from floods and country lanes and it took it all in its stride. Fully loaded with 2 adults a dog and all the bags it managed a very respectable 65mpg at motorway speeds from South Wales down to Devon. £45 to fill the tank and that has got me there and back including local driving every day and I still have quarter of a tank left!

The seats were very comfy on the first proper run I've taken it on and the Sat Nav worked great as well.

One thing I'm not so keen on is the radar cruise control, very temperamental and brakes for to early for my liking. Think I would prefer normal cruise. 1100 miles on the clock now and overall very very happy with the car.

• Like 2

Well I'm back at home now after my few days away and I can not praise the Vitara enough. It's dealt with mud, water from floods and country lanes and it took it all in its stride. Fully loaded with 2 adults a dog and all the bags it managed a very respectable 65mpg at motorway speeds from South Wales down to Devon. £45 to fill the tank and that has got me there and back including local driving every day and I still have quarter of a tank left!

The seats were very comfy on the first proper run I've taken it on and the Sat Nav worked great as well.

One thing I'm not so keen on is the radar cruise control, very temperamental and brakes for to early for my liking. Think I would prefer normal cruise. 1100 miles on the clock now and overall very very happy with the car.

you can adjust the distance that the radar operates the braking, I always have it set to minimum distance.  You can see that the dashboard image of the little car goes solid white when the radar locks onto it's next target. Sorry if this is old news for you. But I agree with you abut radar cruise, it's only useful in the long motorway roadwork's with average speed cameras in my experience.

• Like 1

you can adjust the distance that the radar operates the braking, I always have it set to minimum distance.  You can see that the dashboard image of the little car goes solid white when the radar locks onto it's next target. Sorry if this is old news for you. But I agree with you abut radar cruise, it's only useful in the long motorway roadwork's with average speed cameras in my experience.

Thanks for the info Amanda. I take it that is done by the other button on the steering wheel next to the cancel button?

Thanks for the info Amanda. I take it that is done by the other button on the steering wheel next to the cancel button?

Yes it's the button on the right hand side. I think it usually defaults to the middle distance setting, then by pressing the button it cycles through the long range setting and eventually the short range one. It isn't that 'short' in terms of distance, but if you watch the little outline of the car on the dash display, you get to see when the radar first spots a possible target. I have found that in super heavy ran or snow (where it builds up on the grill of the car) it can stop working and then you have to live with an orange display telling you it doesn't work. It's bit annoying to be honest :D

I have the anti-collision warning set to the nearest setting too (the button that is lower down with the hill descent and other stuff), as it can sometimes go off when you pass a stationary bus or something similar. A long press disables it, but it comes back on again next time you start the car. I guess it's one reason why the car has such a good safety rating and the insurance is so low.

Btw 65mpg!! Blimey you have a lighter foot than me :)

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

Next week i am getting to borrow for 2 days a new SX4 S-Cross 1.6 TDI AWD 6 Speed Automatic.

Looking forward to it, and getting to take it to a Offroad Course.

Just over £25,000 as kitted out i am told, so keen to see if it is worth the dosh.

£25k! Let us know what you think of it if you don't mind.

• Like 1

Next week i am getting to borrow for 2 days a new SX4 S-Cross 1.6 TDI AWD 6 Speed Automatic.

Looking forward to it, and getting to take it to a Offroad Course.

Just over £25,000 as kitted out i am told, so keen to see if it is worth the dosh.

We don't seem to get the diesel version but it's certainly cheaper out here

http://www.caradvice.com.au/compare-specs/qie15a-suzuki-s-cross/

This is the new TSCC 6 Speed Automated Manual Gearbox one i am taking for a shotty.

Well not brand new, but first i have been offered one.

It seems they no longer sell the S Cross version here......can't compete on price I suspect .....a Mazda CX3 lists at from sub £10k which is ridiculous pricing competition for low volume sellers.

Wow that sounds a little steep. Mind you, there are the usual reasonable discounts around and with the facelift coming soon (Looks better at the front and is rumoured to have better ground clearance) perhaps some strong deals on offer. When I looked at the S-Cross I also looked at the Qashqai 4x4 which wasn't a lot more (big discounts available), but had a better finish and a really large fuel tank :D