What's wrong with people?

j0hn

And another thing.....

I saw this last night, possibly on Briskoda's Facebook group. A thread started by somebody with a Seat that had two cats sitting on it.

17098493502_1a5af3971d_c.jpg

Untitled by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

"[The] last cat on my car died an (sic) was then put in the bin".

Aside from the other "shoot them with an air rifle" moronic comments, do we think this is all mouth and no trousers? What if we all started killing children that had carelessly hit another car with the door edge of whichever of their mam and dads' cars they were getting out of?

I guess it's this and the sort of stupid, 'I Own An Octavia VRS and Hate Briskoda' Facebook group of 17 year old mouth breathers who are having 'top-bants', many of whom are threatening to come to this club's National Meet. It's enough to make me want to stay at home.

I've also realised that the keyword of annoyance there is "Facebook".

What if we all started killing children that had carelessly hit another car with the door edge of whichever of their mam and dads' cars they were getting out of?

Seems a good idea to me :p

Which just goes to show the problem of the internet. You can't tell what spirit people mean it in. Perhaps the "cat died" comment was talking about catalytic converters - we don't know. Maybe he meant to put a smilie and forgot?

However, I find the best thing is just to ignore 99.99999999999% of the stuff (or do i mean people?) i find on the internet (and all of the stuff on facebook - i have three "friends" on facebook - all family. I only joined to get access to the page of the local sea cadets for my lad).

Don't bother wasting you time replying - i'm probably ignoring this (you) anyway :D

I decided to get a red nose for my car in aid of Comic Relief and decided to share the picture on the Facebook page. I think I would have got a more positive response if I posted "I think Piers Morgan is a legend"

(Just for the record, I don't think Piers Morgan is a legend, he's the complete opposite)

• Like 1

What's wrong with people? Can't they just realize that Facebook is, and will always be a non serious place for joking around a bit? Do some people have to take everything in life so seriously that they die of boredom? If so then get off Facebook, simple as.

Not everything on facesbook is joking around and there are serious issues with it with bullying and other nonsense.  There is still bullying (ganging up) on forums but generally and certainly here that is kept in check by the Mods.  Faecesbook is not for me yet I do use it to keep in touch with our local RATS (Triumph biking group) and we have plenty of banter and joking on there without issue because we are all responsible (boring?) people.  Other than that I keep well away from it because it isn't my sort of thing and I cannot get my head around why you would wish to tell people in a 'status update' what you are doing at that particular moment in your life. 

However just because someone does or does not use Faecesbook it should not cause them to be pigeon holed in any particular group.  Generalisation is just that 'general' and it means very little so I would say if it is for you and you use it don't just think everyone else in life is boring and if you don't use it then don't and then you won't have to see some of the rubbish that is spouted on there and even better you would not have to bring it to the attention of those of us that choose not to go there.

Having said all of that our cat my wife's cat sits on the roof of my car and has scratched it, sits on the soft top roof of my wife's car and leaves cat hair all over it that is a sod to get off and goes under my bike cover and sits on the seats which when I went out on it the other day both seats were covered in mud as was the ascent path to the seat. GGGGGRRRRR!!!  I too have threatened to shoot it, put my foot up it's a---e and other methods of teaching it that it has p'd me off big style.  I of course would not harm a hair on it's head nor any other animal.  It is like telling someone if they continue to do something you will slap them when in reality you never would.  It is a figure of speech and banter in most cases.

In the end it is all marmite love it or hate it.  If you think Faecesbook is full of morons and you continue to go there for the Skoda thing or anything else then does that make you a moron?  Generalisation see.

Regards Chris

If you see something you think is out of line, please report it. Almost 2000 on the FB group, multiple posts per day which are harder to keep track of than on here and four admin with full time jobs and a life.

• Like 2

If you see something you think is out of line, please report it. Almost 2000 on the FB group, multiple posts per day which are harder to keep track of than on here and four admin with full time jobs and a life.

Lee, I wasn't having a go at the mods on Facebook, you all do a great job of keeping things running smoothly on there.

This forum is bound to run better, as there are more mods and more control

That was only the point I was making :thumbup:

As for a life... what do you mean? You can be a Mod and still have one? :D

• Like 1

Lee, I wasn't having a go at the mods on Facebook, you all do a great job of keeping things running smoothly on there.

This forum is bound to run better, as there are more mods and more control

That was only the point I was making :thumbup:

As for a life... what do you mean? You can be a Mod and still have one? :D

You're alright, Damo mate. I know you weren't and thanks :thumbup:

The Pastyboy meme does sum it up nicely though :D

• Like 1

I saw the comments about shooting the cats on the facebook page......im a cat owner & had to stop myself commenting as it would have just ended up with the idiots that said those things giving it the big i am keyboard warrior talk.........so i opened a bottle of cider & chilled.   :D

I was pretty much exactly the same as Mikey - except that after a few hours I posted it up here as if to say, "What the hell?!"

And maybe for sdenny, this is the problem with the internet. I get that it might not be true, I get that some people might just be giving it the big I am or telling a funny joke ("Oh yes, I get it, one of us isn't as funny as we like to think we are", etc). But also, some people are massive, pinheaded, brainless morons - who post things on social media (not just Facebook, all of these forums are a form of social media too) like, "Just about to do over Tescos" and then find themselves in Police custody 15 minutes later.

I'll also be the judge of what's a waste of my time.

Edited by j0hn

I believe a rolling pin in a carrier bag is quite often adequate. Simpy the threat that it might be a firea....... oh you didn't mean that kind of tool.

:D

• Like 1