Brand New Fabia VRS Opportunity - Would I Be Mad?

MTM

Hi guys,

I may have the chance to buy the following car today:

http://www.parks.uk.com/skoda/used-cars/4340328-skoda-fabia-fabia-1.4-tsi-v-rs-5dr-dsg-estate/

What do you think of the price? The salesman advised it's had a considerable chunk slashed off it's original RRP.

What do you think about residuals? Obviously with them not being made any more I'm a tad concerned when it comes to selling it.

Anything else I should consider?

We have a german shepherd so the massive boot space really appeals. It's not the best looking estate to my eyes but I know with a few mods I can make it look even better.

All advice appreciated.

Martin

• Like 1

Surely that's a year old pre reg ? I'd want more money off but perhaps that's just me :)

Put the reg into "we buy any car" to see what they'd offer and think about offering in between the two prices

Get the extended warranty chucked in as well

Wonderful Bargain.

As to selling it, it will be like any car, cost about £2,000 a year in depreciation over 4 years. Maybe less,

Run it 5 years and you have had a cheap car, and it is still worth a few grand.

There are only around 700 vRS Mk2 Estates in the UK, 2010-2015,

so there will always be buyers for them.

But before worrying about selling you have miles of smiles to come.

Cheap to Insure, Service & Run.

george

• Like 1

Pre registered 64 plate but less than 100 miles - apologies if my 'brand new' claim made it seem otherwise.

Can I have your thoughts on what you reckon would be acceptable in terms of the total amount payable on a PCP deal?

I will need to use some ££££ to account for my p/x being in negative equity so basing a deposit on £500 gives the follow:

Duration of Agreement
36 months
Contract Mileage
30000 miles
First Monthly Payment
£405.50
35 Payments of
£230.50
Final Payment
£6,146.25
Customer Deposit
£500.00
Cash Price
£12,695.00
Total Amount of Credit
£12,195.00
Total Amount Payable
£15,119.25
Excess Mileage Rate
14.9 pence per mile
APR
8.9% APR

Thoughts?

If you compare with any other Estate all that will come near might be a Seat Ibiza / Leon Estate,  

Maybe check out a Leon 1.8TSI FR 180ps ST, rides better than the vRS by a fair bit.

Look at the monthly cost of a New Fabia Estate 110ps DSG,

but then you do not have the fun that a vRS Estate can provide if that interests you.

http://carleasingmadesimple.com

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

£3k in interest doesnt seem good to me , I wouldnt pay that personally , have you shopped around for finance ? 8.9% seems high

• Like 1

Amazingly after almost 5 years from the Mk2 vRS being launched to now discontinued they still show them with

'Front Fog Lights'

& Automatic Headlight. maybe it does have.

(worth asking the salesperson to show you the Switch for the Front Fog Lights.)

VED is £145.

It is suitable for Variable Servicing, but if you were going for a 3 year contract you will probably be doing it at 10,000 miles / annual.

From your post i thought you were buying one when asking about residuals when selling it.

If you are handing it back, that is hardly an issue.

At least it is at 'Park's' and not Arnold Clark.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Maybe Brian69 is hot footing to them right now, it is a steal.

The last Scottish Bargain went within hours of being mentioned on here.

Interest rate high, if finance is required.

Some have paid £19,000 - £21,000 only last year to Order New & then finance on that.

• Like 1

depends how long you intend to keep it,

if only 2 years (remainder of manufacturer warranty) then change not a problem,

if longer then could be an issue as the true skoda extended warranty is only available when you place the order for the new car, it can't be added after

any warranty after the order is place will be  an insurance backed warranty by a third party arranged by the dealer and I would read any small print carefully given the history of a number of these motors

that said I think the current figure is about 20%-25% show the oil usage issue so you have a 75%-80% chance of a good one

Edited by bluecar1

Damn when i was shopping around for one there only seemed to be 5 to choose from 2nd hand none as good as this! Id be snapping this car up mate, you tend to pay around the 10k-11k mark for a 18 month to 24 month old one with 10-20k miles on them id say this is a bargain!

They certainly want to be busy on a Sunday with customers there in the Showroom.

If that does not sell today that would be odd.

As to the Warranty after the 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty,

The 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty' provided by Car Care LTD, & £547 for 2 years is good enough for a vRS,

any Engine or DSG issues and they do not even need to pay out, Skoda do a deal, because, they have to. 

Past History and VW's Knowledge of previous issues.

They can not have Extended Warranty Managers & Underwriters having 'Expert Examinations' & Reports 

on the 1.4 TSI 132-136 kw Engine and that made public.

PS EDIT.

Post#15

must be referring to cars with a engine discontinue for use as OEM late 2012. ie CAVE engines.

Because those percentages have nothing to do with the 1,200 or so CTHE engine Skoda cars 

sold in the UK 2012-2014/15

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Adding interest payable £3000 + depreciation lost with a few years ownership, is gonna cost you literally thousands of pounds.

Your money and choice I know, think carefully are you getting a good financial deal ?

Confused now,

it is a New Pre Registered car for £16,000 with Finance.

A new car of that size and type bought for cash costs that or more.

New and nearly new cars cost money if you want to drive one, £2,000 - £3,500 a year or so from anything from 

£12,000 - £22,000

More on some cars, and about the only very slow depreciation car is a Fabia Mk1 vRS.

After 7 years they can sell again for 1/2 of what the cost new.

Not many cars like that around.

This New Mk2 vRS Estate is for sale at the same price as a New Mk1 vRS cost in 2007.

Hi folks, no call today so that as they say is that. I don't get these salesmen who say they will call and then don't. Doubt I'll receive a call tomorrow but I'm not that fussed about giving them the business now.

I was up in EK so out of nosiness I decided to drop down into Hamilton to have a butcher's (which turned out to be a bit of a nightmare as the A725 was closed due to an accident - the police were diverting all the traffic through High Blantyre, which meant a massive tailback at the lights... On the way back I saw an Alto on its roof - looked pretty bad - hope no-one is too seriously injured). It's certainly a smart wee bus - it looks better 'in the flesh' than in the photos.