Leaving the Yeti fold

MarieK

When working in the USA the car hire company issued me one of these. I had to return it after only two weeks into a two month stint because it was so uncomfortable a ride on the concrete roads.

When working in the USA the car hire company issued me one of these. I had to return it after only two weeks into a two month stint because it was so uncomfortable a ride on the concrete roads.

I drove mine 500 miles back up from England and didn't find it any less comfortable than the Yeti that I drove down in.

I drove mine 500 miles back up from England and didn't find it any less comfortable than the Yeti that I drove down in.

and the roads were made of....

and the roads were made of....

Soft feathery pillows  :D

You mentioned that you found the ride uncomfortable in the US. I'm saying that I don't find it uncomfortable in the UK. Most of the people on this forum drive on UK roads so I'll let them decide the relevance.

• Like 3

Soft feathery pillows  :D

You mentioned that you found the ride uncomfortable in the US. I'm saying that I don't find it uncomfortable in the UK. Most of the people on this forum drive on UK roads so I'll let them decide the relevance.

we have a lot of concrete in the south... I am permitted to comment on this aspect.

IMHO the vehicle is rather ugly.

Edited by DonjSZ5

the relevant question is spec of tyres and shocks etc

are they different on US v UK spec ??, as that could make a big difference in ride quality

also depends on what the markets expect and the national distrubutors can get away with to cut cost / increase profit (look at skoda UK)

• Like 1

we have a lot of concrete in the south... I am permitted to comment on this aspect.

IMHO the vehicle is rather ugly.

IMO (nothing humble about it) the vehicle is a thing of beauty.

I care not a jot what you think of its appearance  :yawn:

• Like 3

the relevant question is spec of tyres and shocks etc

are they different on US v UK spec ??, as that could make a big difference in ride quality

also depends on what the markets expect and the national distrubutors can get away with to cut cost / increase profit (look at skoda UK)

I don't know if the shocks are different, but there are 16, 17 and 18" wheels and different tyres depending on the model chosen.

IMO (nothing humble about it) the vehicle is a thing of beauty.

I care not a jot what you think of its appearance  :yawn:

You are just after praise for leaving the fold perhaps. Surely you did not expect everyone to be blowing smoke up your exhaust.

No agenda, just more info for those wishing to change to something else. I do like the instrument cluster though....Windows 10'ish

Edited by DonjSZ5

Why would I want praise for changing from a Yeti to a Jeep on a Yeti forum? 

Where have I asked for 'praise'?

I'm not quite sure what your agenda is but mine is merely to answer the questions that the members have asked regarding my opinion of the new Jeep.

indeed, very odd posts. He's right though, it certainly fell down the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down, but then some people think yetis are ugly. Variety is the spice of life

indeed, very odd posts. He's right though, it certainly fell down the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down, but then some people think yetis are ugly. Variety is the spice of life

Ha I thought the Yeti was ugly at first, what car webpage kept suggesting it as my next car and I ignored it. Then I decided to have a proper look and completely changed my opinion. I used to like the Juke shape but not anymore.

Funny how our taste changes over time.

• Like 4

have seen several here in the morbihan this weekend, no chance to get 'up close' but they are certainly strikingly different, I would be tempted to take a closer look if I was near to changing car!

• Like 1

I have had similar comments when providing information about my i20

but I think if you have liked your skoda but for various reasons you leave the fold you are likely to be more critical of the new car when comparing the two

the comments and reviews of people who have left are useful information to skoda UK if they choose to read them, as it details why some of us have left (could be perceived value for money, all the cars look the same, less space, cheaper to buy a VW etc)

but it appears skoda UK ignore so much of this,

then we also get comments on the forum, but many forget we have a years of experience which doesn't become irrelevant just because we drive a different make

enjoy your new ride,

I am still finding little niggles with mine (latest 2 for me and swmbo are 30mph on speedo is dark red, swmbo can't see it as she is red/green colour blind, the red on the skoda speedo / rev counters was brighter and just visible to her, the other is her car is i10 and mine i20 and unlike skodas various controls like cruise etc change position between the cars so swapping between them is more of a pain as I have to remember which car I am driving)

I think the looks of your renegade is a bit like the roomster (a marmite car, love or hate it)

kit and interior look good

but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that you are happy with it

enjoy

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

It's good to see a manufacturer with the guts to go ahead with a design that has genuine character instead of following the accepted and unidentifiable blancmange recipe.

• Like 1

I understand some one in the US commenting on an experience with a US spec Jeep Renegade driving in the US but there are no Skoda or Skoda Yeti sold in the US and a Volkswagen is not a Skoda so I am left a little confused by the point being made if there is any.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Maybe a woman of the world but it still makes ltitle difference how vehicles are in other World Regions compared to how they are in UK roads when bought to use in UK roads, even world regions and markets where they drive on the correct side of the road.

It is nice to get right hand drive cars that actually are not just designed as left hand drive then changed for the right hand market and have badly offset pedals and seating. VAG being a corporation that is guilty of doing this.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Marie, I notice you seem to be getting some stick for moving away from the Yeti fold, I did as well when I bought my Qashqai last year. Sadly some people think selling a Yeti for another model is a sin and think every other car on the market is inferior. Perhaps some of the people who are so critical should try driving a more modern car and feel the difference, and lets face it beauty in in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 4

Marie, I notice you seem to be getting some stick for moving away from the Yeti fold, I did as well when I bought my Qashqai last year. Sadly some people think selling a Yeti for another model is a sin and think every other car on the market is inferior. Perhaps some of the people who are so critical should try driving a more modern car and feel the difference, and lets face it beauty in in the eye of the beholder.

The odd thing is, this only happens in the Yeti forum. If someone sells an Octavia or Fabia for a non-skoda, there's always questions about how they compare, but people seem to accept the decision rather than try and tell them they were wrong.

• Like 3

The odd thing is, this only happens in the Yeti forum. If someone sells an Octavia or Fabia for a non-skoda, there's always questions about how they compare, but people seem to accept the decision rather than try and tell them they were wrong.

I don't think Marie's had much stick, I've said she's chosen an ugly car but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

I've had not a single remark about leaving the yeti fold, but then I've chosen a good looking car as a replacement  :p

octavia_600e-620x414.jpg