Just taken delivery of our 2nd vRS TDI

You really do like the new vRS dont you Andrew!!

When u planning to throw a box on it?

urm?? last week :)

its currently at the sign writers having a few tasty additions added.

Next week the eibachs and TPI spacers will be fitted (fingers crossed)

Hi Andrew,

I'm going to be taking delivery( Hopefully!) at the end of this month of a new Octy vRS tdi and will be looking to buy a box from you guys and have a couple of questions if you can help?

Hi Andrew,

I see from your web site you now do a tuning box for the petrol VRS, 300+ bhp for £400!

Me thinks I'll be buying one after her first 1000 miles and an oil and filter change :clap:. 

Butch, unless you're really handy with the tools or have access to a ramp, get someone else to fit it for you, I helped a member on here fit his.  I didn't know the Boost Sensor was in such a biatch of a place on the TSI vRS, its hell to get to.

Butch, unless you're really handy with the tools or have access to a ramp, get someone else to fit it for you, I helped a member on here fit his.  I didn't know the Boost Sensor was in such a biatch of a place on the TSI vRS, its hell to get to.

Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty handy on the tools as I spent 15 years in the motor trade spannering but I don't have access to a ramp, however my trolley jack goes to over three feet.

Where is the boost sensor?

The Boost Pressure Sensor is mount on the back of the Boost Preesure Pipe which runs in front of but at the same height as the BOTTOM of the Condensor Coil !!!

Oh yeah, there's about 60mm gap in which to remove the sensor connector of which the connector takes up about 25mm Oh and its angled 45 Deg. upwards ie. away from you, someone has said you can get to it from above but, I couldn't.  From below you'll feel it before you see it.

The Boost Pressure Sensor is mount on the back of the Boost Preesure Pipe which runs in front of but at the same height as the BOTTOM of the Condensor Coil !!!

Oh yeah, there's about 60mm gap in which to remove the sensor connector of which the connector takes up about 25mm Oh and its angled 45 Deg. upwards ie. away from you, someone has said you can get to it from above but, I couldn't. From below you'll feel it before you see it.

Won't be trying that at home then! Not very easily installed or removed then on the TSI VRS?

Kinda think thats what VAG had in mind when they put it there although, I'm sure there is a technical reason behind it being on a long straight section of pipe however, I tend to like the bloody mindedness theory.

Still the member that I fitted this tuningbox for was more than happy with the performance for the cost.

Won't be trying that at home then! Not very easily installed or removed then on the TSI VRS?

I'm sure though they are quite small so easy to conceal, likewise the wiring.

So my thinking is that when she goes for a service I'll just disconnect the + and - from the battery and nobody will be the wiser!  :angel:

I'm sure though they are quite small so easy to conceal, likewise the wiring.

So my thinking is that when she goes for a service I'll just disconnect the + and - from the battery and nobody will be the wiser!  :angel:

There is a blanking connector block supplied with loom so, you remove completely the tuning box and its power supply cables and hide the loom, only a visual inspection would reveal it, a software scan wouldn't see it because it wouldn't be there. 

Where you could hide the loom from an oil change maybe a challenge though !

There is a blanking connector block supplied with loom so, you remove completely the tuning box and its power supply cables and hide the loom, only a visual inspection would reveal it, a software scan wouldn't see it because it wouldn't be there. 

Where you could hide the loom from an oil change maybe a challenge though !

Thanks for the info  ;)

How about for a 1.4 TSI? Any easier to fit?