Suggestions regarding bluetooth.. Tried everything! and a question :)

Well I got a new replacement SIM in a Three shop this afternoon and put it in the phone.  No difference at all when I tried changing from HFP to Rsap, it connected just fine, downloaded the phone book and then about a minute later said my phone was not responding before disconnecting and reconnecting in HFP mode again.  :dull:

Well I got a new replacement SIM in a Three shop this afternoon and put it in the phone.  No difference at all when I tried changing from HFP to Rsap, it connected just fine, downloaded the phone book and then about a minute later said my phone was not responding before disconnecting and reconnecting in HFP mode again.  :dull:

I'm having the same issue at the moment. I've tracked it to some sort phone 'issue'. My own S4 (I9505) has a fault so i'm borrowing a S4+ (I9506) at the moment. My own, my wife's and my dad's S4's (I9505) all work fine on my 'C' module on RSAP. The S4+ keeps doing what you describe. In my case I've ruled out a 'Three' network issue (my mobile network) by inserting ym wife's T-mobile SIM in the S4+, with the same outcome. MMne doesn't automatically switch back to HFP though, i have to re-connect manually. I've even tried the RSAP Bluetooth PhoneBook app mentioned and a Bluetooth Awake app, but they didn't make any difference. It really frustrating the hell out of me!!! :wall: I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has encountered this and (hopefully) what the fix is in this case. :think:

I have a 2010 superb elegance.i previously had a blackberry on o2 which connected well but my wife's iphone5 won't connect. this week i got on 3 network a samsung s4 mini. it connects via bluetooth and the columbus system finds the phone and contacts but shows No Sgnal. i tried another phone with a different network and it worked. I suspect its a 3 networ problem. When i go into the dash menu and select manual network selection it either can't find"3" or it finds "3" but then says Äccess to 3 not allowed"... Help because i can't have a phone i can't use in the car.

Not tried the PAYG SIM yet, been out again today, did a 40 mile round trip including two stops, re-pairs and it has worked perfect.... 

I am hoping, although I will not be too optimistic that... 

1. The Android-rSap bluetooth phone book app is now doing it's job

2. This is because all contacts are now on the device rather than just "synced" with Google  ref this comment on the Android-rSap website

• remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP) - can only transfer SIM contacts

Will keep you informed :)

Since copying all contacts to the device the Columbus phone book now updates as well as the MAXI-DOT phone book... When "synced" with Google only, only MAXI-DOT updated

How are all your contacts stored? 

Just on Google?

Just on the device?

On both?

I have choosen "all contacts" to display in phone settings, although my phone memory or SIM doesn`t contain any contacts. So it`s syncing Google contacts with Columbus/Maxi dot.

As I mentioned before, I uninstalled rSap Phonebook app and left only Bluetooth Auto Connect (choosing all available profiles inside the app) and no issues at all.

I have choosen "all contacts" to display in phone settings, although my phone memory or SIM doesn`t contain any contacts. So it`s syncing Google contacts with Columbus/Maxi dot.

As I mentioned before, I uninstalled rSap Phonebook app and left only Bluetooth Auto Connect (choosing all available profiles inside the app) and no issues at all.

I will see if, by some miracle it now works, if not I will try that app... 

Does your connect as Premium (rSap)? 

Yes, Premium.

In Bluetooth Auto Connect, you have to choose all profiles under main settings and then, after pairing with Skoda, choose all profiles under devices -> Skoda BT.

Edited by linni

My issue still remains and i put my son's 3 network pay as you go sim in an old blackberry and like my samsung s4 mini it connects fine via bluetooth transfers contacts but says "no signal". Whrn trying to force it to connect manually it can't connect to 3 network as it says "not allowed". Called 3 whose technical help said the samsung s4 mini shows it should work fine on rSap. I said it doesn't. No idea..... so frustrated amd got 5 days to hand contract back to 3 network otherwise locked into a year. I like 3 otherwise because of the ability to use calls whilst abroad.

All help welcomed. I saw someone downloaded an app but is that for bluetooth transfers rather than 'no signal' issues?

Thank you

My issue still remains and i put my son's 3 network pay as you go sim in an old blackberry and like my samsung s4 mini it connects fine via bluetooth transfers contacts but says "no signal". Whrn trying to force it to connect manually it can't connect to 3 network as it says "not allowed". Called 3 whose technical help said the samsung s4 mini shows it should work fine on rSap. I said it doesn't. No idea..... so frustrated amd got 5 days to hand contract back to 3 network otherwise locked into a year. I like 3 otherwise because of the ability to use calls whilst abroad.

All help welcomed. I saw someone downloaded an app but is that for bluetooth transfers rather than 'no signal' issues?

Thank you

Doing a search it seems that "3" network SIM cards appear not to support rSap even though the Samsung handsets do...  Will it connect as HFP? i.e. NOT Premium?

Can anyone check this for me.... 

Ref the phone book updating.... 

1. If I add a "test number" as a contact and save this to the device... If I start the car, bluetooth connects as Premium, the MAXI-DOT states "Updated phone book" but nothing appears on the Columbus... This stays the old phone book.. 

2. If I add a "test number" as a contact and save this to the device... If I turn the IGN on but NOT start the car, bluetooth connects as Premium, the MAXI-DOT states "Updated phone book", If I then select "Phone" on the Columbus" after a few seconds, maybe 15-20 seconds it updates the Columbus phone book... 

Is the second procedure how it works? i.e DO NOT START THE CAR and SELECT "PHONE" ?? 

How does your's work? 

No matter what, simply ignition on or car started, first Maxidot notifies about "phonebook updated" and after half a minute or so, Columbus notifies "new phonebook available" and updated phonebook is stored.

Do you have to select phone on the Columbus? 

Mine does not appear to update that easy ... :( Maxi-dot works every time, but the Columbus "seems" hit and miss

** UPDATE ** 

Just been out and it bloody works,,, with or without the engine running or Phone pressed... :( Damn cars.. 

Yep.... Lol 

I have tried it 3 times now, with and without the engine running and it worked every time...  The MAXI-DOT seems to update within a few seconds, but the Columbus takes about 30 seconds... 

I am going to add another number a try it tomorrow when I go out..

Finally got a 3customer service person to admit 3 do not allow 2g connections so whilst3 say they do work with rsap i have a 2010 version of rsap/columbus and it doesn't appear to have hfp so i can't use it......

Speaking to skoda customer servce on Tuesday to see if i can upgrade unit.

Three don't have a 2G network and never have.... The clue is in the name. ;)

The only time you will connect to a 2G network with three is if you drop on to their fallback service with Orange and then you only get voice and SMS facilities with no data ability but that is how it has been since Three launched so nothing new there.

Finally got a 3customer service person to admit 3 do not allow 2g connections so whilst3 say they do work with rsap i have a 2010 version of rsap/columbus and it doesn't appear to have hfp so i can't use it......

Speaking to skoda customer servce on Tuesday to see if i can upgrade unit.

On mine, although a MY2015 car you can select the connection option via the MAXI-DOT, this will then either connect as rSap or HFP, I think HFP may solve your issue as the phone stays connected to the network rather than the car reading the SIM.. 

I think the issue is that "3" SIM cards have an issue with rSap... 

It should be in the phone settings menu in MAXI-DOT under PHONE MODE

post-428-0-05902800-1430727599_thumb.jpg

From my experience of my dad's (and what i've read on here) '3' SIM's have an issue with the 'D' varient of the module, as well as the 'original' (<A). I have a 'C' varient and (apart from my temporary S4 Advance I9506 - won't work with a 3 or T-mobile SIM), mine, my wife's and my dad's S4 (i9505) connect fine with a 3 SIM in. I found info on Ross Tech's website and it shows the 'original' only supports 2G, hence the '3' issue, but the others do. The main difference shown here between the (3C8 035 730) 'C' and 'D' is the wifi support and HT4 to HT5. I have said to my dad I wonder whether the issue with the newer module is something to do with 4G? He's currently installed an old 'B' reviosion in his 2014 Superb, which works flawlessly. Can anyone check wether you can 'turn off' 4G (LTE) in the Maxi-dot under phone/signal settings, as you can with the 3G (UTMS) on my 'C' module? In mine you can select GSM only (2G).

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting

Edited by MarkTB

As a rule I only use mine from Friday to Sunday, I use my Ibiza during the rest of the week.... So far, as it's a bank holiday I have used the car for 4 days, done about 150 miles over that time and it's worked perfect! Damn cars.... :)

I will keep everything crossed that.... The bluetooth phone book app, moving contacts from Google to the device (this has made the Columbus update now), turned off Google sync for contacts and calenderand maybe moving the phone to the drives door pocket, i.e nearer the module will now make it work... 

I will not hold my breath though Lol 

My bluetooth unit is 5NO 035 730 B which per Ross's website link shows it doesn't have HFP so i'm going to sesrch ebay for a unit with HFP in the hope I can unplug one and plug in one without needing special codes. I think from everyone's helpful tips that HFP will sort me out.

Thank you everyone for your great help

As my son has posted, I swapped my 3C8 035 730 D revision module for a 3C8 035 730 B and I connect every time and as stable as a barn door via rsap. It is so damn annoying though that I can't get the D revision to work as that has the wifi capability where the B revision does not.