Who Is Looking Forward To Sleet & Snow ?!

Fabpreza

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling OK today, Niki? :(

I guess I should consider myself lucky to have no enemies in any of my related family (I normally drive to Leic to see them at Xmas), a good bunch of mates who share my passion of alcohol, and no kids to bust anything I've bought for them.

No, really my folks are a good lot- it's when you introduce any of mty various blokes' families into it that it tends to get messy.

It's just that no Xmas will ever match last year's. Ever. And that's a sad thing- when you realise you've already had the best Xmas you'll ever have! Reckon I might jet off somewhere or even get married next Xmas to relieve the boredom and spice things up a bit... mwahahaha!

Originally posted by LadyLoki in this post

It's just that no Xmas will ever match last year's. Ever. And that's a sad thing- when you realise you've already had the best Xmas you'll ever have! Reckon I might jet off somewhere or even get married next Xmas to relieve the boredom and spice things up a bit... mwahahaha!

And they say Global Warmings a bad thing! I would like it nice and warm for Christmas too but failing that extremely cold. It's when it's mild that everybody gets ill! The millennium flu put all my family bar 1 to bed at 8pm on Christmas Day! I know a some folks who's brother is in Phoenix, Arizona and says it's brilliant. X-mas beside a Catcus under the shade of a palm tree at the Pool.

Cannot beat it. Xmas to me now means my kids going gooey when they meet Mickey Mouse and come off the SpiderMan ride feeling sick but grinning all over their faces. Excellent memories, and a great time to be in the States. They DO Xmas properly, with reall effort and happiness.

Came to this one late, but then I have been off ill!!

Winter is *just ace* in the 4x4 - either in terms of "safely getting where you want to go" or "arsing about and having fun" its great, and ESP is even more useful than in "high speed" situations.

Last time I drove the octy in the snow...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=593&highlight=snow

..and the first time I drove it in the snow - I'd had it a day!!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=260633

Well, on the one snowy day last year, I was one of the few to make it out of our estate (hills both directions) on to the main road. :) - and that's with a FWD. The ASR made its presence felt, though (clunking from the front of the car, flashing lights on the dash...)

• 2 months later...

I'm looking forward to snow :D

Ah, the joys of V rated winter/snow tyres. Who cares about 4wd when they have the wrong tyres! :D

Hopefully have some between Christmas and new year as I'll be camping in North Wales. The joys of mountains and snow, can't beat it.

Mixed emotions on snow/ice here...

I learnt to drive in the depths of winter about 7 years ago, and my driving instructor took great delight in taking me up to some of the more affluent neighbourhoods and making drive up and down the crisp snow and sheet ice on the sloping streets. Great fun watching the curtains twitch nervously as i went past their BMW's, Mercs etc......

So i feel relatively at home/capable on snow, a little less safe on ice. as do we all i guess.

But Winter of 2000, i took my ageing Pug 309 GLX out round the back of the town and applied the ritual handbrake slide round a low speed right angle turn (done it many times on snow, wonderful fun) and just over cooked it a bit. Sneaky ice patch underneath.

Nothing you can really do, so gracefully glided round the corner sideways and knocked the passenger side front wheel into the kerb. From then on, the car developed a nasty pull to the left. Pug garage said it was suspension arm, which they "replaced", but no cure. Took it back, still no change. Took it to a local mechanics (Tophams, which Rob might know) and they found the whole thing was out of alignment - to the tune of an inch and a half.

At which point, I had a temporary fix done (hammers and stuff) and then traded it for the Skoda.....

*note to self - sliding in the Octy :nono:*

Wish i had a 4x4 Estate in black

Nothing better than a massive empty car park covered in virgin snow. :D

Happened to me last winter, when no-one else managed to get to work, so a full on slide was the order of the morning. But, I had no kerbs or parked vehicles to worry about then.

I hope the same happens again this year. :thumbup: