Fabia Mk2 vRS 1.4TSI Replacement Engines Replaced. How Many.?

Just checked mine again, now covered 572 miles since the repair and pleased to say that NO OIL HAS BEEN USED!!!!

Skoda are going to call me in 2 weeks to confirm refund for my oil consumption test once the garage have processed their warranty work through the system (how long does this take for goodness sake!!) and hopefully by then I'll have some info on what they done and part numbers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - 950 miles covered now and not used a drop of oil :-)

Not had any info on what was done yet but I'm due a call from Skoda CS sometime this week so I'll push them again

Hopefully I won't have any more oil issues in the future.....

• Like 2

My car now has the new engine and it's awesome and has used no oil so I'm a happy chappy

Great news!

How many miles have you done on the new engine?

My new engine was good for about 10k and then it started using lots of oil again, hopefully yours will stay good and hopefully mine will too now it's had the upgrades done, good luck :-)

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY got the info requested of what was done to my car recently, hopefully useful to others :-)

Part No.                      Description                 Qty         Cost

D176600A1                Sealant - sump           1             £12.98

03C103474AD            Vent Hose                  1             £49.92

03C103558AA            Vent Hose                  1             £23.57

03C103157A              Jet - Oil Spray            4             £44.36

6R0129684E              Pipe                            1             £23.57

N90500605                Screw                          20          £5.00

N90813202                Sump plug                  1             £1.07

QLIII5W30                  Longlife oil                  3.6l         £30.85

• Like 1

Brilliant.

That is just what the member with the Polo GTI needs. 'Xeon5'

A favour,

could you or anyone please post that up in the 'pinned' post on Twincharger Oil Users'  so it does not get lost and it is easy to find.

cheers.

Brilliant.

That is just what the member with the Polo GTI needs. 'Xeon5'

A favour,

could you or anyone please post that up in the 'pinned' post on Twincharger Oil Users'  so it does not get lost and it is easy to find.

cheers.

Sent PM to Xeon5 and posted in the pinned post :-)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, you are absolute legends! Im surprised they gave you that information aswell. Next stage is to source it.

For the oil jets, is that £44 for all 4 or per item?

All 4, £11.09 each

Amazingly they have only put down £91.85 for labour, unsure about that but the overall total including labour was £283.17

All 4, £11.09 each

Amazingly they have only put down £91.85 for labour, unsure about that but the overall total including labour was £283.17

That isn't too bad. To be honest I'd rather pay that than go through the hassle of an oil consumption test and risking it at the end being told that it is "ok". 

Was this in an attached document or just put into an email?

That isn't too bad. To be honest I'd rather pay that than go through the hassle of an oil consumption test and risking it at the end being told that it is "ok". 

Was this in an attached document or just put into an email?

I was handed it on paper yesterday when I went for MOT, I was meant to be sent it in the post weeks ago but the dealer isn't too hot on things ;-)

With milgeS's car it is rather odd that new Vent / Breather pipes were required.

His car is a late 2012 CTHE engine, 

which then had a Replacement Engine fitted in 2013 due ti high oil consumption with the original.

It should have had the latest Vent Pipes from the Factory Build, or if not when the Engine was replaced.

(2010-12 CAVE engines that had failed Oil Consumption Tests were already having Updated Vent / Breather pipes fitted under Warranty in 2012 before the introduction on the CTHE engine vRS.)

For Breather / Vent pipes, 

see post #78 in this link.

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=361074&page=4

With milgeS's car it is rather odd that new Vent / Breather pipes were required.

His car is a late 2012 CTHE engine, 

which then had a Replacement Engine fitted in 2013 due ti high oil consumption with the original.

It should have had the latest Vent Pipes from the Factory Build, or if not when the Engine was replaced.

(2010-12 CAVE engines that had failed Oil Consumption Tests were already having Updated Vent / Breather pipes fitted under Warranty in 2012 before the introduction on the CTHE engine vRS.)

For Breather / Vent pipes, 

see post #78 in this link.

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=361074&page=4

We'll never know thanks to my dealer not being the most helpful but maybe it did have the latest but they changed them as a matter of course? If you can remind where to find the engine build date on the car I'll see if I can find it, I might have posted it when it was done but can't remember.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a bit more info on the sheet when packing away earlier, I've updated the pinned post

Under "Work Carried Out" I noticed the TPI number 2030474/3 and Baid number 65140521

Does anyone know what the "Baid number" is?

• 1 month later...

You are a mucky pup.

Maybe try a Jabozuma check to get a clean reading.

Cold engine, cold oil, parked on the flat.

Dip it and see where it is.

Do not even put the Dip Stick back in.

Open the car door.  Put the key in the Ignition, and start the car.  as soon as started turn it off.

Now put the clean dip stick in and try it.

You might find the reading now is the same as if you go driving for 20 minutes then did a Hot Dip.

(Must be worth a try, see the result you get.)

You are a mucky pup.

Maybe try a Jabozuma check to get a clean reading.

Cold engine, cold oil, parked on the flat.

Dip it and see where it is.

Do not even put the Dip Stick back in.

Open the car door.  Put the key in the Ignition, and start the car.  as soon as started turn it off.

Now put the clean dip stick in and try it.

You might find the reading now is the same as if you go driving for 20 minutes then did a Hot Dip.

(Must be worth a try, see the result you get.)

I've done the Jabozuma check in the past and it is as you say, same as a hot check.

Mucky pup? That tissue has been through many oil dips! I needed to put it against something to show the level clearly :-)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am just bringing up this thread in case any Skoda UK Customer Services Staff need to see where Replacement Engines have failed, 

and why Skoda UK need to extend Warranties.

Skoda UK has a new Brand Director that worked with Skoda then VW and Parts and Warranties and now heads Skoda UK.

He can check if he does not already know how many of the under 3,000 UK Skoda Twinchargers have had Excessive Oil Consumption 

and Engines Replaced 2010-2015/16.

Just maybe print out some of the Briskoda Threads if you need a Solicitor to contact Skoda UK if they are playing 3 Monkeys again.