should i cancel my order?

Where about's are you in England?

I'm sure there will be someone on this forum who would be happy for you to go and have a second "more relaxed" look at their VRS, I'm in Shropshire and your more than welcome to come and have look/ride out in it (15 plate).

Andy.

My friend I think what you are experiencing is called cognitive dissonance ! The thought process we all go through when making a big purchase. I went through it too when I ordered mine and very nearly cancelled and went for a 3 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still question my decision to buy a new car.

I love the car, its way better than the old Mondeo it replaced. But it is a lot of money to spend. But hey, you only live once!

Thanks for all the comments. 

Really put my mind at rest. 

the max i have ever waited for a car is about 10 days so i think the weeks and weeks to think about it have started to mess with my head.

Going to stick with it and stop questioning my purchase, the test drive was good and ill look forward to delivery (still prob 8 weeks away!)

• Like 2

Picked up my 2.0 tdi on Friday, placed the order back in January. I discovered this forum after placing the order and quickly got worried reading about dpf's, harsh ride, booming cabin noise, injector issues and a few others and wondered had I made a bad choice in going with the Octy but had a look at the other options and decided to stick with it, I've only had the car 4 days so it's early days but so far I'm loving it and don't regret the purchase at all.

Thanks for all the comments. 

Really put my mind at rest. 

The wait is difficult for everyone.

I had read the manual cover to cover about 4 times, downloaded 2 sets of navigation maps ready to upgrade, bought two SD-cards & spend days organising my music, album art onto the two. When the day comes I'm sure you will be over the moon.

I agree with the others that theres nothing really "special" worth losing €500 for in the MY16 upgrade & as TheManWithNoAim says if you have any problems with you first pick it up take it straight back to the dealership (don't wait a few weeks/months).

Most garages have a "customer satifsfaction" target & you will be contacted shortly after your purchase to give your feedback.

During this time, the will be more than happy to help you :)

I wouldn't worry. People usually log onto forums to report faults and look for solutions.. This forum only represents a small proportion of vrs owners.

The my16 issue.. Again I wouldn't worry- the technology will be upgraded again in due course, akin to buying a smart phone, there are always superior models on the horizon.

The ride issue / height- I've ordered Eibachs through Skoda to sort this.

Edited by GunnerGibson

I wouldn't worry. People usually log onto forums to report faults and look for solutions.. This forum only represents a small proportion of vrs owners.

The my16 issue.. Again I wouldn't worry- the technology will be upgraded again in due course, akin to buying a smart phone, there are always superior models on the horizon.

The ride issue / height- I've ordered Eibachs through Skoda to sort this.

Mmm, that's interesting as my dealer said the springs weren't available through them and I would invalidate the warranty on the suspension if I fitted some.

Bought em anyway!

Easily sorted with a set of (official Skoda) rubber mats:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Floor_Mat_Set_%28Rubber%29_%28Oct_3%29_5E2061550

They click into place on the studs as the others too.

I mean the actual carpets :-( They are sooo nasty. Even Vauxhalls have a woven loop type carpet. Much better, the pile on these type of carpets wear really badly. If you regularly clean and vac them the fibres start to stretch and go all hairy. Just naff.

...If you regularly clean and vac them the fibres start to stretch and go all hairy. Just naff.

Mine's got a hairy transmission tunnel where the kids scuff it getting in and out!

I mean the actual carpets :-( They are sooo nasty. Even Vauxhalls have a woven loop type carpet. Much better, the pile on these type of carpets wear really badly. If you regularly clean and vac them the fibres start to stretch and go all hairy. Just naff.

Ahh I see. Hadn't noticed but have only vac'd it out once since I picked it up in last June.

:D

Have had my VRS Diesel Estate for 5 months and only had one small issue with the Kessy system.  The road noise is slightly higher than other cars I have had, however I have never had a car with sports suspension and 18 Inch wheels.  The sound system dull out the noise anyway.  Normally I get sick of cars very quickly after buying them.  With the VRS I want to drive it all the time.

Other people who have had major issues with their cars is just bad luck.  I think all manufacturers have issues with some of their cars.  A friend of mine purchased a Mazda CX5 Diesel and has already replaced the engine and transmission.

• Like 1

Mmm, that's interesting as my dealer said the springs weren't available through them and I would invalidate the warranty on the suspension if I fitted some.

Bought em anyway!

RRG in Rochdale.

Whilst viewing vehicles, I saw the salesman's demo car was lowered. After seeing his car, standard vrs' looked like they were on stilts, very 4 x 4 like. I was told the kit can be ordered through Skoda ( approved) Eibach.

Edited by GunnerGibson

My car was bw20 or 21 of 2014, so I missed standard cruise control and theflat bottomed steering wheel.  Hay ho.  By ordering when I did I avoided the 1/01/14 price increase and another mid year one that came around the time I collected the car.   Frustrated not to get free cruise? Yes, but happy with the deal I got.

RRG in Rochdale.

Whilst viewing vehicles, I saw the salesman's demo car was lowered. After seeing his car, standard vrs' looked like they were on stilts, very 4 x 4 like. I was told the kit can be ordered through Skoda ( approved) Eibach.

I was advised by Hortons that they could get and fit the parts but it would still invalidate the SUK warranty but the dealer would cover any parts/labour they fitted for 2 years. In the end, I used an Indy garage to fit as dealer were about £100 more to fit so only got 1 year warranty and I used Demon Tweeks for the parts as they were the cheapest UK supplier of the B4 dampers by a significant margin even though I paid about £10 more for the Eibachs, but they discounted delivery to offset. If you want to save serious cash on parts, you need to buy direct from Germany but need to be able to decode the non UK websites.

The Mondeo has just landed in Australia and I can get a fully loaded 240hp Titatium hatch for about 1500 pounds cheaper than my fully loaded vRS wagon I have on order.  I haven't driven the Mondeo - interested in thoughts as to whether I should consider a swap? 

The Mondeo has just landed in Australia and I can get a fully loaded 240hp Titatium hatch for about 1500 pounds cheaper than my fully loaded vRS wagon I have on order. I haven't driven the Mondeo - interested in thoughts as to whether I should consider a swap?

That is a swap I would really consider if I were you.

I have only been a Passenger in the new Mondeo, so I dont know how it drives. But I found it more comfy and better soundproofing.

As much as I like my O3 if I could get a new Mondeo for close to the same money I would go for that straight away.

The materials used inside, build quality, ride & sound proofing are all on another level to the Octavia.

When I was buying a car here I wanted a Mondeo but the 15,000CHF difference in price for a lower-spec model sent me straight to the Octaiva.

My only concideration would be that the diesel engine in the Octavia seems very impressive compared with the outgoing Mondeo.

Its the same engine used in the Focus & I'm achieving 10mpg better in the O3 than I every did in the Focus or Mondeo.

There would have to be a big step forward from Ford to catch-up.