Pd150 hybrid remap

Evening fellow broskodians, in at the stage where I'm remapping after fitting some new part, I've fitted a pd150 hybrid turbo, a fmic and an allard egr delete, anyone else running a similar setup and what kind of power have you gone for? I'm not to sure how much I want or what they are capable of boost and bhp wise, any info or advice before its mapped will be great, and it's fabooka who is doing the map for me

Thanks

• Like 1

Evening Pete,

Assuming you've just got a standard PD150 hybrid, i.e. not a billet wheel, then you should expect at most 220bhp and around 320ft/lbs.

Can't remember the exact boost levels, but it's around 1.7-1.8 bar from memory. Someone on here will confirm I'm sure...

Oh and very wise choice using Faboka! John is an awesome mapper. He will more than look after your car :thumbup:

• Like 1

Not sure about the billet wheel all I know is it was a standard pd150 and they machined out housing and increased diameter from 49mm to 54mm and increased blade from 36mm to 40mm, they did say it would happily boost 2 bar and capable of upto 300bhp obviously that would need some engine work ie injectors. I'm not even thinking that level but just want to make sure I can get the most out of it without overworking it

I'm afraid there's no chance of it being capable of 300bhp, even with injectors!

There's a discussion on here at the minute about GTB2260 cars being incapable of running 300bhp, let alone a hybrid...   2260's have a 60mm compressor wheel FYI. I'm currently running one at 2.5Bar and just been on the dyno at 270bhp.

I know Xman does some high spec hybrid PD150's, but even they are only capable of 250bhp max so he reckons.

• Like 1

300bhp? :o

They are exaggerating slightly!

Lofty(Matt) on here has just had a map off john for his hybrid PD150,ask him what he thinks of it B)

• Like 1

I'm running a billet wheel hybrid with fmic and egr delete and I asked for a safe amount of power and torque as have an oem clutch at the minute.

iirc running around 1.7bar. Not sure what that equates power or torque wise, but don't really care as it's a good drive. I will get it mapped again and push it more once my current clutch dies, although no sign of that since it was installed last year.

Depends what type, I run mine at 2 bar it's a turbo Dynamics and squeezed 227 on an accurate reading dyno no more power out of it really unless I wanted to effect reliability somewhat could have gone 2.1 but TD said 2bar is fine, I reckon it still only make 230 at 2.1 bar.

300! You've got more chance finger blasting Megan fox!

• Like 4

thought the my were exaggerating, are they not suppose to be the professionals. I was thinking it may have been good for about 230 as a standard pd150 is good for about 200, but 220 is good for me. To be completely honest I would be happy for 200-210 if say 220 was going to kill the life of the turbo as although I want the most out of it I also want the turbo to last, it's currently over-boosting ecu is requesting 1.5bar and turbo is spiking at 2bar between 2.1k-3.2k before it falls to below 1.5 bar and then returns back to ecu request boost at around 4.1k, John is sending me a standard map to revert it before I run my group 11 again to see if it's the turbo that needs adjusting or if it's the map that's at fault, just wanted to gauge what everyone was running without to much drama

I'm running a billet wheel hybrid with fmic and egr delete and I asked for a safe amount of power and torque as have an oem clutch at the minute.

iirc running around 1.7bar. Not sure what that equates power or torque wise, but don't really care as it's a good drive. I will get it mapped again and push it more once my current clutch dies, although no sign of that since it was installed last year.

That hybrid is capable of more boost mate. It was 2.1 bar in mine but the head started lifting!

That hybrid is capable of more boost mate. It was 2.1 bar in mine but the head started lifting!

Yeah, Dean did say it could do more, but with a stock clutch only being installed about 20k before the hybrid, I thought I would put a safe map on.

I have the 150 head bolts and 4 bar map sensor already on for when the time comes to crank the turbo up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid there's no chance of it being capable of 300bhp, even with injectors!

There's a discussion on here at the minute about GTB2260 cars being incapable of running 300bhp, let alone a hybrid...   2260's have a 60mm compressor wheel FYI. I'm currently running one at 2.5Bar and just been on the dyno at 270bhp.

I know Xman does some high spec hybrid PD150's, but even they are only capable of 250bhp max so he reckons.

im similar spec running 279bhp 

I had (many years ago) a hybrid pd150 garrett on mine. It ran 221bhp @ 1.8 bar boost comfortably. Was probably the most driveable my car has been, but wouldn't go back to that now. :D

I had (many years ago) a hybrid pd150 garrett on mine. It ran 221bhp @ 1.8 bar boost comfortably. Was probably the most driveable my car has been, but wouldn't go back to that now. :D

mine was running 224bhp @ 1.9 Bar but imo hybrids don't come on boost as well as gtb turbos and once you been in 1 with a gtb you will want 1 :)

mine was running 224bhp @ 1.9 Bar but imo hybrids don't come on boost as well as gtb turbos and once you been in 1 with a gtb you will want 1 :)

I think that is exactly why I don't want to sit or drive a beefed up gtb powered car ...

I would end up spending house deposit figures :bandit:

JRJG

• Like 1

At the time I bought the turbo this is what my budget allowed, it's currently now reverted back to standard until I've got my group 3 logs to send over. Hopefully it won't be too long until it's sorted as you can massively notice the difference between standard and mapped