Postcodes on Satnav - Admundsen

I'm getting used to the sat nav's nuances in my new (first!) O3 Elegance wagon.

Being used to a portable TomTom, I naturally look to be able to input postcodes to find a destination, but I'm at a complete loss to find a way to do this on the built-in sat nav.

Am I missing something? Can it be done ? 

Yes its the Pocd. (or something like) button on the keyboard once you have chosen a region.

It generally always says once the postcode is entered that street number details are not available for this destination (again or something like) but to date its rarely if ever failed to get me somewhere accurately.

Fairly sure the units utilise Navteq mapping which is pretty good.

Yes, could be a lot better. It should offer country-specific correct keyboards - so in the UK always start with a letter for example. But it has pretty much got me rougly to the right place.

• 4 months later...

you can always use voice. 

1 New destination

2Select city

3 when asked for street say " Post Code"

say the post code

Confirm it when asked

You will then be asked whether you wish to start navigation.

Nice and simple.

It is a shame that the manual is so much rubbish and missed anything regarding Post Code input

• Like 2

You could also look in the handbook .......

I think most people who have asked the question looked in the manual, I know I did, not one mention of navigating to a postcode in there, unless there is a new version with it in.

• Like 3

you can always use voice. 

1 New destination

2Select city

3 when asked for street say " Post Code"

say the post code

Confirm it when asked

You will then be asked whether you wish to start navigation.

Nice and simple.

It is a shame that the manual is so much rubbish and missed anything regarding Post Code input

When I say "post code" it either says "pardon" or brings up places sounding like "post code"

• 7 months later...

If you have voice input to the Sat Nav, what is interesting is that you do not have to say the actual city you want, any city will do and the easier for the voice recognition to understand the better.  For example, if you actually want to go to Pontardawe in S Wales the recognition is sometimes difficult, but if you just say Glasgow, which is easier to understand,  and then put in the S wales postcode it will take you to S Wales.  Works every time.

SEL Octaviia Estate 4x4 with winter tyres until this week

Or just press the bottom that says postcode on the keypad when you go to select city (albeit it a shortened version of that).

If it helps there is an idi....I mean user guide on YouTube.

Yes when asked fpor the town say the postcode, saying a town just means that it starts searching for that then changes when you say the postcode.

skyjawa - yes :

Don't know how to use something on my car, so (leaving car and handbook where they are) go to computer, load it up, login, go to Briskoda, seek forum, type question, await answer........

Now which way would be quicker

PS I am fireftrm but cannot access my account so had to create a new one, no response from mods when I asked what the problem was

Edited by goath

Yes when asked fpor the town say the postcode, saying a town just means that it starts searching for that then changes when you say the postcode.

skyjawa - yes :

Don't know how to use something on my car, so (leaving car and handbook where they are) go to computer, load it up, login, go to Briskoda, seek forum, type question, await answer........

Now which way would be quicker

PS I am fireftrm but cannot access my account so had to create a new one, no response from mods when I asked what the problem was

go to computer, load it up, login, go to Briskoda, seek forum, type "Amundsen postcode" in search, have answer instantly rather than await answer ;) :p

Edited by skyjawa

Now that you folks mention the ability to use voice control to enter the postcode I'm dying to give this a try. Entering by hand is a right faff with all the looking for the ptcd button and having to toggle ABC 123 too many times

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• 6 months later...

Without doubt and by faraway, the Octavia handbook in my 2016 1.4 SEL estate, is the most useless piece of unadulterated rubbish I haver ever read! It literally doesn't tell how to do ANYTHING correctly!.

With every car I have owned, to set a destination in the on board sat/nav, the first thing that's requested is the postcode , but not with this piece of junk they fit at Skoda!

"Select city.....select street, .....select house number,..... Input postcode ( I only found that out when I asked a dealer ) that Apparently you have to input HALF the postcode then return to set the other half !!

What sort of moron designed this ??????

I have searched the handbook and it tells you nothing about HOW to set it !!!

Frustrated ?? You bet I am !!!

Can anyone help ???

• Like 1