vrs leather seats

Thinking of adding leather seats to my vrs hatch order,as I think the seats on my current mk3vrs are starting to look shabby after 18 months, my question is,has the quality of the leather seats improved since the launch?, the ones i looked at at launch didnt look a good fit or quality so I didnt bother, i know the seats have improved with the extra stich line, since the launch,also can you spec just the seats now or do you have to take other bits still in the package, cheers

The leather seats seem pretty nice to me!! I found them more comfortable than the cloth seats. Especially nice when heated on a cold morning!

I've got the leather seats and they are very comfortable and are holding up well to day to day life and everything my little one can throw at them.

I do think if you go for them you need to specify the heated seats too

I ordered the leather heated seats and have found them excellent. They are really supportive and my bad back has gone. The quality is ok but not as good as my Volvo XC60.

That's because Volvo are renowned for having the worlds comfiest car seats. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere or seen on TV that this was a fact and has apparently been in the book of world records??

I'm going to really miss my Volvo when my vRS gets here. I wonder for how long.

Vrs leather has improved with the extra stitching. I have mine with red inserts, heated. Vital in cold weather. If i'm honest, the black raven leather on my 56k mk3 granada scorpio is better but they have worn better than my edn30 golf did. I am disappointed that the centre console appears to be vinyl covered though.

I miss more cooled seats, I think its more important than heated. In winter, you have your clothes on, so I never found heated seats really necessary, but in summer, no climate control can keep my back completely dry on the leather seats.

I miss more cooled seats, I think its more important than heated. In winter, you have your clothes on, so I never found heated seats really necessary, but in summer, no climate control can keep my back completely dry on the leather seats.

Exactly why I'll never buy leather seats. In the summer they are aweful.

As leather is just a covering, I don't see why the standard cloth seats (or part leather seats) would be any less comfortable.

I can say I'm not that impressed with the part-leather seats on my vRS.

Lots of stretching & misfitting even in the rear seats which have probably been sat in less than 10 times in a year.

Definately not worth spending any extra money on them in my opinion.

Edited by Gabbo

I didn't like the leather seats for the Elegance (not VRS model) as they were like inverted leather and I went to a shop and did mine which I think looks great so far