Carista - dial staging enabled!

Really wish they would hurry up and update the iOS version with all this.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

If you email them and ask to try the beta version for them they'll send you a test version :) you'll then have access to these option in iOS... I've been using the different beta version for a while, they update it quite a lot :) 

I actually emailed them last night about it and they got back to me first thing this morning. The latest iOS 'beta' has now been finalised as a release version and has been passed to Apple for checking so it can go live on the app store. It should go live by the end of the week hopefully - which is good news. It does include dial staging.

However, it does not include speed sensitive wipers (and according to them the Android version doesn't support it for the Rapid either), but they are happy to try and add it. I'm going to email them the the info dukedl posted regarding the settings from VCDS, to use as a base for coding it into their own app. I've also asked him for more info on how he enabled hill assist.

I have the beta version and I think my wipers are now speed sensitive... I have the tear drop thing.. I think the app is great value for money :) although highlights how many things our cars are missing.

Made some progress today - I now have a wifi ELM widget that works and supports settings customisation.

I have successfully enabled:

Unlock entire car with single key fob press

Teardrop wiper feature

(i had already changed the rapid fire indicators to 5 flashes using VCDS, but could have done that too)

However, the current app version for the iPhone is not offering me any option to fiddle with dial staging. :(

Chris do you have a link to which ELM widget you purchased? 

Chris do you have a link to which ELM widget you purchased?

Sure - I bought this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DYOVXZ0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

(to be exact, the one sold by KINGSFAITH and fulfilled by Amazon)

Note - this is a Wi-Fi unit for use with iOS devices. If you use an Android device, you'll need a Bluetooth ELM widget.

• 2 weeks later...

Job done - phone updated itself to the latest version earlier today, so this evening I broke out the ELM unit and successfully enabled dial staging, along with changing the car region to Australia - I now have the large digital mph display. (note, to enable the large digital mph display you also have to disable the alternative speed display in the MFD settings after you switch profiles to Australia). I've yet to work out if switching to Australia has affected any external lights as per the warning in Carista).

Still could not get the car to accept speed-sensitive wipers though.

Very happy otherwise.

• Like 3

Dial staging is completely useless, yet since the day I enabled it I feel that the time needed for the engine to preheat passes by faster! I would never have imagined this!

Hey everyone, Carista is more than just dial staging! As some of you might have read I'm adding an amp and a small sub to the stereo using the oem (swing unit). Well despite getting an auto electrian to fit the amp things went a little wrong with the head unit... Carista almost to the rescue!!! I say almost it did identify the potential faults and reset them :)

Great app - I've definitely had my money's worth :)

• Like 1

I cant wait to get home and try it out. I was put on to it on the SEAT forums a few months ago, but still havent been back to Britain to try it out on my car. Only a few days to go though... just finished work, only got to survive a long weekend here in Vegas, then flying home for the first time since 4th Jan :)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 2

Dial staging and big MPH display all working (apologies for the dusty speedo, was filmed before I started cleaning the car this weekend).

• Like 2

Dial staging and big MPH display all working (apologies for the dusty speedo, was filmed before I started cleaning the car this weekend).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiRJxhlteHg

Looks great!

I've managed dial staging and speed dependent wipers, but unfortunately the big mph display doesn't work on my 2013 hatchback (petrol).

Looks great!

I've managed dial staging and speed dependent wipers, but unfortunately the big mph display doesn't work on my 2013 hatchback (petrol).

I, on the other hand, can't get my 2014 Spaceback to accept the coding for speed dependent wipers.

Regarding the big MPH display, make sure you've done the following:

Change region with Carista to Australia, and save it.

Then, on the MFD settings on the car (not with Carista), disable Alt. Speed Display in the display settings. Make sure everything else is enabled.

Then see if it shows - I've found the MDF can't do two speed displays at once, it needs to be one or the other. If you have the small ALT. KPH display enabled, it will disable the large MPH display.

I hadn't heard of this app before. Installed and can connect ok. Have you tried to enable the one remote button press to unlock all doors, or press and hold to wind windows up? I don't want to pay the $25 for it not to enable even though the option is there.

Likewise - can anyone recommend a good adapter which will definitely work with this app (v1.4)? I'd buy their own one if it was available in the UK (they say coming soon but I don't know when that is).

Likewise - can anyone recommend a good adapter which will definitely work with this app (v1.4)? I'd buy their own one if it was available in the UK (they say coming soon but I don't know when that is).

Please read back through the thread, you'll see the link I posted to one I bought, that definitely works.

• 4 weeks later...

Should have added I want a Bluetooth one instead of Wi-Fi.

Quick bump for this as I am in the same boat

Have bought 2 different Bluetooth adaptors off eBay and neither works

Carista will scan ok,then when I try to change any settings it says the adaptor is faulty

The 2 I've bought seem to have been ok for other members on here

Is there any way skoda can lock me out of the obd port?

Or has anyone a link to a Bluetooth connector that definately works ?

See my previous post for a bt adapter that works.

Meanwhile can you please download  ELM327 Terminal and issue the command ATI to report the firmware version? Of course you need to be connected to the car.

See my previous post for a bt adapter that works.

Meanwhile can you please download ELM327 Terminal and issue the command ATI to report the firmware version? Of course you need to be connected to the car.

The exact bt adaptor I couldn't find on eBay

The 2 I have had both claim to be 1.5

They do connect to the car ok and look for faults (and don't find any)

The problem comes when I press 'customize' - then it says obd is faulty

I haven't used the disc that came with it,just plugged it in and off I went - same as another member did and he has the same car!

Most annoying

The exact bt adaptor I couldn't find on eBay

The 2 I have had both claim to be 1.5

They do connect to the car ok and look for faults (and don't find any)

The problem comes when I press 'customize' - then it says obd is faulty

I haven't used the disc that came with it,just plugged it in and off I went - same as another member did and he has the same car!

Most annoying

Carista needs real fw version to be greater or equal to 1.4.

Download the app I wrote about earlier and issue the command AT IGN.

This specific command was introduced since version 1.4 so if you get an error it means that the real fw version of your adapter is lower than 1.4 and the CAN commands needed for VAG settings will not work. If on the other hand you get an OK response this means that the adapter is indeed 1.4+ and the culprit is something else.

Hi,

I have so far got 3 adapters and none have worked with Carista app, Get Device is defective, I am using Android device, can anyone please share the adapter they have got that works, im very weary about getting another now, or shall I wait for the Carista one to become available in the UK.