Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

Looks like all my problems came back to two things.

Fuel and clutch.

Fuel system is being sorted with a modified arrangement in the tank.

Clutch was a race spec friction disc with an incorrectly supplied fast road pressure plate.

Due to the mismatch in thickness it was tested and would only hold around 120lb/ft.

Replacement on the way...

Looking good to have the car ready in about two weeks.

So will have a week or so to test it before Brands on the 1st November.

Booked in for the Tin Tops race and the Night race. :peek:

If you're looking at night racing, and don't have to be road-legal, time for some Piaa 130w quartz-xenon bulbs?

JDR are going to lend me one of their LED strips to go on the front they use for night racing. :)

Apparently they are rather bright...

Actually, I might go with the 130ws as well, in case I turned out to be one of the people who see better using halogens than using LEDs (or Plasma Discharge units).

• Like 1

I'll have to check my clutch.. an intentional mix and match lol,.. got a Helix setup with a race spec pressure plate with fast road clutch disc, didn't want to run a paddle clutch as they are a pain in traffic. Do you know what make yours is Richard?

• Like 1

I'll have to check my clutch.. an intentional mix and match lol,.. got a Helix setup with a race spec pressure plate with fast road clutch disc, didn't want to run a paddle clutch as they are a pain in traffic. Do you know what make yours is Richard?

Helix. :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you testing at Brands Richard?

I am mate yes.

Sessioned so will get four 20 minute slots with the other closed wheel cars over the day.

Two before lunch and two after.

Usually an hour between them.

• Like 2

Just caught up with your racing antics Richard and as I said at Castle Coombe when we were rally crossing in the Yeti, you have a natural ability to drive quick, the Fiesta seems to suit your style too.

Have a great day Sunday.

• Like 1