Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

But do you really thing Richard would leave these running standard power?

haha

It doesnt matter what its like out of the box, its a matter of how easy they are to tweak/mod to make them better, or in this case the beasts that they are. Thats why they're popular.

Guest BigJase88

But do you really thing Richard would leave these running standard power?

haha

It doesnt matter what its like out of the box, its a matter of how easy they are to tweak/mod to make them better, or in this case the beasts that they are. Thats why they're popular.

Obviously not

I was referring to the quote that they are the best out there. As a hot hatch in standard form they get beat by almost every other hot hatch

Id imagine even a 1.6 lupo gti would rip it (which would be no doubt be in a lower class)

This looks like a good laugh, I always dreamed of taking the Mrs Fiesta and stripping it our/racing it. Watched some videos of the fiesta cup, looked smashing fun. 

As for the ST being slow, in stock form it wasnt the quickest but it was overly restricted to stop it being quicker than the Focus, bin the stock air intake and flexi and it'll be on a par with the rest of the hot hatches. It goes round bends and is pretty reliable and cheap to run so I'd say it is a perfect base for this kinda think. 

The 2.0 Duratec engine was restricted.  With a bit of work it'll make 200bhp quite easily.

It's a pretty well designed engine for making more power

You can go nuts and get 300bhp from them.  Remember, this is a Naturally Aspirated engine!!!

That's a bit costly though, the sweet spot is around 250.

Not bad in a car that weighs under 1,000kg.

It was also quite common, so there is a lot of tweaking experience out there. :)

The Tin Tops is for turbo diesels and 2,000cc or less NA petrols.  Split into classes.

• Like 2

Like any car the ST150 has its fanbois and is pretty popular out there on the forums, though not the quickest they are affordable. tunable and a fun thing to drive, gearboxes are crap though.The Duratec engine is probably the biggest attraction to racers etc. as its a cheap but good base engine for tuning which is relatively cheap to do compared with other marques.

There are masses of options such as Burton power Raceline Dunnell cosworth, mountune etc for parts and prebuilt engines. Caterham have used them extensivelyamongst others so they are very much tried and tested. The engine has large oilways and breathes well so can take a bit of tuning and for not too much money (cams and bodies) 220bhp is achievable. Blow it up...then buy another £400 engine off the bay, swap the cams and bodies over and your away again.  Anymore power then some internals need swapping out, eg forged high compression pistons and rods.

I went a little OTT with my duratec, which was sourced from a fester, with a projected 440bhp (.and lifespan of about 50miles.. lol) any techies can see the build on my project build thread

As already mentioned this as about a good guy getting out there and having a ball, with an opportunity for his mates to come along and have a right old time watching and supporting. I cant wait.. :D

slow typer.. caught Richards post.. yep definitely restricted standard, they were restricted by a totally inadequate undersized throttle body with is usually binned for a 60mm jobbie,

• Like 4

Bossfox you legend!

This will be a very intresting read up as you progress along, much like all your other threads.

I guess this was the next step up from trackdays & I like how you've selected the right competition as all cars are kin

Good luck with it all.

* I guess this was the next step up from the normal trackdays & I like how you've selected the right competition as all the cars are kind of similar.

Good luck with it all [emoji106]

(Guess now you'll be charging "competitive prices" for passenger rides as everyone including me would want 1 now [emoji12] lol)

• Like 1

I am sure the ARDS test will be a formality Richard, read the book and remember all the H&S stuff, track etiquette and the driving test you have already!

I have been at Oulton Park when people have taken the ARDS test on the same day as a track day session, the driving is quite slow from what I have seen.

Good luck, not that you will need it!

• Like 1

CSCC Tin Tops were at Brands Hatch today.

So popped down for a look at the racing and cars.

Good day, great racing.  34 cars on the Indy circuit for the Tin Tops!

Q3vuHu.jpg

Lni8m4.jpg

hT5wR9.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just a quick one..If the tin tops is for the smaller cars, would a Fabia VRs mk I be allowed to enter? Do you know if there are many Turbo Diesels in the the series?

I have been hankering after getting my licence for a while and am also looking for an excuse to keep my VRs hehe. I was actually trying to find some info about rallycross too, but I definitely prefer tarmac.

My only problem at the minute is if I so much as get a smidge of oil/diesel/grease on my skin it literally falls off and I end up in hospital again.

Lennie

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Just a quick one..If the tin tops is for the smaller cars, would a Fabia VRs mk I be allowed to enter? Do you know if there are many Turbo Diesels in the the series?

I have been hankering after getting my licence for a while and am also looking for an excuse to keep my VRs hehe. I was actually trying to find some info about rallycross too, but I definitely prefer tarmac.

My only problem at the minute is if I so much as get a smidge of oil/diesel/grease on my skin it literally falls off and I end up in hospital again.

Lennie

Dunno. but as a "getting started" option the Furbie would definitely get into Scottish Sprint championships somewhere, and you can't be that far from Kames. Just type "Kames Motorsport Circuit" into Google maps.

• Like 1

Dunno. but as a "getting started" option the Furbie would definitely get into Scottish Sprint championships somewhere, and you can't be that far from Kames. Just type "Kames Motorsport Circuit" into Google maps.

Yeah Kames is only just up the road, went a few times in my youth. Me and a mate shared a Nova, with a number 19 magnetic number so it could be turned for 61 when it was the others turn hehe. Did enjoy it OK, but the thrill factor wasn't there for either of us. We wanted to race people rather than a clock. Just never really had the time or the money for it, which will hopefully change in the near future.

Anyway, might see if I can get to watch Richard at some point, if not this season, then definitely next. Sounds like a good day out at worst, although it is a bit disappointing they don't go to Knockhill. The couple of times I've been round it, I have thoroughly enjoyed it, the change of elevation at the chicane makes that particular section rather brown trouser inducing if you get it a wee bit wrong.

Good Luck to Team Fox, it will be a blast.

Lennie

Edited by Jaspire
  • Like 1

Yeah Kames is only just up the road, went a few times in my youth. Me and a mate shared a Nova, with a number 19 magnetic number so it could be turned for 61 when it was the others turn hehe. Did enjoy it OK, but the thrill factor wasn't there for either of us. We wanted to race people rather than a clock. Just never really had the time or the money for it, which will hopefully change in the near future.

Anyway, might see if I can get to watch Richard at some point, if not this season, then definitely next. Sounds like a good day out at worst, although it is a bit disappointing they don't go to Knockhill. The couple of times I've been round it, I have thoroughly enjoyed it, the change of elevation at the chicane makes that particular section rather brown trouser inducing if you get it a wee bit wrong.

Lennie

The Tin Tops are mainly South England based, so might be a lot of traveling for you.

They do allow turbo diesels.  But I am not aware of any currently competing.

I know in my old 250bhp mk1 Fabia VRS my lap time around Brands would suggest that I'd be right down at the back of the grid.

Most of them (limited to 2,000cc naturally aspirated for petrols) are around the 55/56 seconds per lap mark at Brands Hatch.

Which is quicker than my 4x4 Yeti was when it had 300bhp.

• Like 3

Yeah Kames is only just up the road, went a few times in my youth. Me and a mate shared a Nova, with a number 19 magnetic number so it could be turned for 61 when it was the others turn hehe. Did enjoy it OK, but the thrill factor wasn't there for either of us. We wanted to race people rather than a clock. nJust never really had the time or the money for it, which will hopefully change in the near future.

Lennie

I would have suggested SMRC (most races at Knockhill, some at Oulton Park, Anglesey or Croft) but AFAIK they've been cursed with the "one make bug". 

• Like 1