Brisky Racing - let's go racing!

BossFox

Does the engine/electrics have enough mass connections? Sound like missing mass cables or loose ones (even without hearing it :angel: )

It's a known set up.

I think the issue is a faulty sensor or more likely it still has a fuel pressure issue.

Priming the car by starting sees it run fine, but hooning sees it soon run into kangaroo mode.

Will get it on a Rolling Road to see what we can find.

• Like 1

Bit a a shame Richard, all part and parcel though. Rolling road sounds like a good idea. I'm sure the techies will fit a fuel pressure gauge and see what's going on. Out of curiosity are you running a swirl pot set up or straight from the tank?

Time schedule for its first race was pretty tight planned. Sorry for the mishap, but getting used to the car better, before first race cant be so wrong :no:

• Like 3

Time schedule for its first race was pretty tight planned. Sorry for the mishap, but getting used to the car better, before first race cant be so wrong :no:

Yes, going to keep improving and ragging it at Brands until it's right.

Even sorting out issues and wizzing about battling with other cars testing is quite good fun. :)

• Like 4

Always good to have done different setups, knowing what the car does when altering things. Also different weather conditions (although real hot will become difficult), especially half dry and full wet.

Playing with the tyres will get another couple of tenths or even second. Especially knowing how to treat them for a fast qualifying lap.

We used to warm up the new slicks for just one or two laps and then stow them away for the next day. That gave best performance directly after warming up the tyres for the fastes qualifying lap.

And warming up the tyres will give you different reactions too. Fast brisk warming up will ruin them faster than easily getting them at the right temperature.

Following your steps closely, I like the idea of going racing!

Did the same with my son in karting and now in his scooterracing. A lot of training laps to get fast and after that trying to still be fast under racing conditions. Means, stay fast in a battle with others.

• Like 1

Surprised at the clutch slip after a rebuild,.. the bogging down looks suspiciously like fuel starvation going round the left hander. Hopefully You'll get to the bottom of the issues pretty quickly and get some good runs in fairly soon. :)

• Like 2

Damo's 'mishap' didn't actually look like he was to blame at all.

I'd love to say it wasn't my fault but I unsettled the car trying to scrub some speed :)

The back just went a bit to far for me to collect so opted for plant foot on brake and cross fingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

An unashamed thread hijack .. and a plug..... my bad bossfox.. :D

Just in case anyone has missed it, I've organised exclusive use of a hospitality suite for friends family and fellow briskodians for the final meet of the CSSC at Brands Hatch, where a certain racing team will hopefully be perambulating.. Its looking to be a great day out with a good contingent already signed up. its £25 for the day including circuit entry unlimited tea coffee etc and amongst (brilliant value if I say so myself) Linkage to more info here..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/367161-brisky-racing-1st-november-with-hospitality-at-brands-hatch/#entry4386932

If you are interested please let me know, via the above thread, sooner rather than later so you don't miss out an opportunity to see and support one or is it two?.. of our very own, mixing it with the big boys.. :D

• Like 4

An unashamed thread hijack .. and a plug..... my bad bossfox.. :D

Just in case anyone has missed it, I've organised exclusive use of a hospitality suite for friends family and fellow briskodians for the final meet of the CSSC at Brands Hatch, where a certain racing team will hopefully be perambulating.. Its looking to be a great day out with a good contingent already signed up. its £25 for the day including circuit entry unlimited tea coffee etc and amongst (brilliant value if I say so myself) Linkage to more info here..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/367161-brisky-racing-1st-november-with-hospitality-at-brands-hatch/#entry4386932

If you are interested please let me know, via the above thread, sooner rather than later so you don't miss out an opportunity to see and support one or is it two?.. of our very own, mixing it with the big boys.. :D

Worth mentioning the entrance ticket is £14 I think.

So the facilities B33fy is offering will only cost you £11 on top, as you get a ticket included.

• Like 4