Massive Saving on a new skoda

Just letting people know i have saved approx £5000 on a brand new uk reg skoda octavia vrs diesel dsg, got it online from a trusted dealer i got my last car from 3 yrs ago, dont know if advertising is allowed on here so pm me if you wish to know where i got mine from. Glyn

• Like 1

Glyn, there's no problem with advertising on here its much the same as elsewhere, you tell them want you want said and for how long and they tell you how much.

Personal recommendations are quite another thing though and can be called into scrutiny.

But, as John999boy says, spill the beans.

• Like 1

Share. That's what this place is all about. The faithful ones won't mind. Plus it helps out anyone else close to that dealer

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Online's often do not want the publicity (and specifically state in the purchase contract not to tell anyone who you bought from.) - dealer dodgy dealing going on...

Just letting people know i have saved approx £5000 on a brand new uk reg skoda octavia vrs diesel dsg, got it online from a trusted dealer i got my last car from 3 yrs ago, dont know if advertising is allowed on here so pm me if you wish to know where i got mine from. Glyn

So which dealer are you then?  D M Kieths............Narrr

If you've saved so much on a new car how come you drive a Pug 508?

I dont understand why people on here think i am some kind of dodgy dealer..

Hi wingnut, sorry, wasn't implying you are a dodgy dealer at all!

I used a different online dealer, (who were great by the way, smooth tranaction and good comms all the way through the process), and got similar discount off list price, just over 20%.

The online dealers have some sort of 'grey' arrangement with the Skoda dealers they use, which allow them to offer such large discounts. I guess they must get a large volume discount from Skoda, from which they then share the (small?) profit on somehow - that's the 'dodgy' bit. The online dealers sometimes specifically request you not to tell anyone where you got the car, even though it will arrive from a Skoda dealer - mine had the dealer name on the plates.

Just my opinion, but new car discount just feel a bit suspect to me.

The pattern of reviews on review websites make me think they are not genuine reviews.

I mentioned it in another thread somewhere, which I can't be arsed to look for now.

Hello all,

Have a look at 'skodastore.com' on the net. A firm called Rainworth Skoda near Mansfield,  Notts. Just taken delivery last month of Octavia Elegance 1.4 tsi,dsg in metal grey metallic with extras and 5 year warranty. I saved £3000 over local dealers . No hassle and good to deal with.

Bought my wife's Fabia 1.2 tsi,dsg from there 18 months ago and saved nearly £3000 on local dealers.

Not pre-registered or anything like that. Will deliver to your door free of charge or fill the tank if you collect it personally.

Well worth the time and research.

Benzman

One thing I forgot to mention, speak to a real nice guy at Rainworth called Kevin Barker. He'll look after you in style.

Benzman

Hello all,

Have a look at 'skodastore.com' on the net. A firm called Rainworth Skoda near Mansfield,  Notts. Just taken delivery last month of Octavia Elegance 1.4 tsi,dsg in metal grey metallic with extras and 5 year warranty. I saved £3000 over local dealers . No hassle and good to deal with.

Bought my wife's Fabia 1.2 tsi,dsg from there 18 months ago and saved nearly £3000 on local dealers.

Not pre-registered or anything like that. Will deliver to your door free of charge or fill the tank if you collect it personally.

Well worth the time and research.

Benzman

One thing I forgot to mention, speak to a real nice guy at Rainworth called Kevin Barker. He'll look after you in style.

Benzman

Really?

Went to Rainworth to get a quote from them on a new vRS TDi hatch with some extras for the OH (she bought her Citigo Sport from there) and was told they could "barely move" on pricing... Also rolled his eyes at the mention of Briskoda!

Hopefully they have more than one Kevin, because that was the guys name - He was really into his cars though, had a few classics himself.

I called Rainworth for a quote when I ordered on launch weekend in March 2013, I'm still waiting for the callback! Horton's however did answer my call, it was the dealer principal who answered and gave me a carfile matching £3k discount on the spot! My car will be 2 yr old on Mon, done 49k, not missed a beat mechanically, and would recommend anyone looking for a broker matching deal speak directly to Oliver.

• Like 1

It is always a little suspect when new members first posts sing the merits of slightly shady looking websites. That doesn't mean to say OP is dodgy, or that someone else with over a thousand posts would be completely trustworthy, but I know which I am more likely to believe.

Enjoy your car Op.

• Like 1

I've contacted them for a quote as I'm in the process of trying to source a nearly new or new VRS, just waiting to hear back from them!

Just my opinion, but new car discount just feel a bit suspect to me.

The pattern of reviews on review websites make me think they are not genuine reviews.

I mentioned it in another thread somewhere, which I can't be arsed to look for now.

Will be interesting to see if our new scout turns up then. Seem good guys with my dealings with them so far, managed to provide quotes and call backs unlike most Skoda dealers I tried!!

Yep, I hope all goes well and on time for you! :)

I found out today thay my Scout is in transit to German port, so looks like I'll have one of the first MY16 Scouts around :)

Incidentally, I went via carfile @12.5% discount and was put in touch with v helpful dealer.

Jonathan @ carfile was a pleasure to deal with, and all paperwork/payment was with the dealer, not them.

Just to say I bought from New Car Discount earlier this year - no problems, very efficient and straight, the guy who I was dealing with was very quick to respond to questions. Delivery on a truck to the door. Saved about £4k - the local dealers wouldn't do any kind of discount,

Hello to all,

In reply to various posts, there is nothing shady about 'skodastore' or Rainworth Skoda. I've bought 2 new cars from them in the last 18 months. Both delivered when promised and as ordered (no changes). Totally happy with the service from them. Not pre-registered by them. We are the first owners of both cars. I may be a 'newbie' but having bought cars for over 50 years, I know a good deal when I see one.

• Like 1

Interesting experiences.  I've ordered a new Scout CR 150PS  with a number of extras from Rainworth Skoda (via CarFile) on 30th March.  I've been a bit disappointed with their communication.  I've had to chase them up a couple of times to try and find out what's going on and still haven't got a confirmed build date 10 weeks after my order.  Last update I had about 3 weeks ago was that it would be a MY2016 build but slightly delayed because of that.  I'll chase again next week to see what's going on.

Would be interested to hear how long others have or are waiting for Scout delivery at moment.

By the way I used UK-Car Discount a couple of years ago to buy a Citroen DS3 for my wife and we had no issues with them.  Car delivered on trailer with 7 miles on clock, it was pre-registered but got far better discount than any where else at the time and payment only on delivery.