2014 Octavia VRS, Air Con Smell

All air con goes stale over time, especially over the winter months.

Open all the doors and turn the aircon up full for a while (and change the cabin filter if needed), if that doesn't cure it you can buy an air con deodorizer from any good motor-factors.

All air con goes stale over time, especially over the winter months.

Open all the doors and turn the aircon up full for a while (and change the cabin filter if needed), if that doesn't cure it you can buy an air con deodorizer from any good motor-factors.

Thanks mate.

This is going to sound silly but where do I find the cabin filter?

Should be behind the glove box, you can get car air con 'bombs' on sites like eBay, to clean the vent ducts but I'd definitely do the pollen filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say my 16 month/25k mile old car is starting to do the same.....though I have been driving around with the climatronic completely off recently and it seems to go hand in hand.

Id wager its just latent condensation stagnating in the system.....if you run it with the AC on all the time I bet it stops doing it.

Have to say my 16 month/25k mile old car is starting to do the same.....though I have been driving around with the climatronic completely off recently and it seems to go hand in hand.

Id wager its just latent condensation stagnating in the system.....if you run it with the AC on all the time I bet it stops doing it.

Its actually bacteria who thrives in moist conditions inside some part of the AC.

When it starts to smell, an AC service with disinfection/cleaning of the system will help the most.

Its actually bacteria who thrives in moist conditions inside some part of the AC.

When it starts to smell, an AC service with disinfection/cleaning of the system will help the most.

Between the heat exchanger fins on the evaporator. Best way to stop it reoccurring (once you have sanitised the system) is to actually use the air con :)

The other common cause is the drain from the evaporator (that allows the condensation to drain out underneath the car) is blocked, so you have a nice puddle of water behind your dashboard.

• Like 1