"white" headlight bulbs

gord

My son wants some new headlight bulbs for his Corolla.(H7)

We've tried Osram Silverstars but he says they don't look white enough.

He says he's not bothered about light performance he just wants them to look really "white" and not at all "yellow" like standard halogens.

He also says he doesn't want 'em to look "bluey" like xenon effect bulbs.

Kids eh?

Can anyone help.

Does he never drive at night?

Light performance is everything.

Stock bulbs on VW group cars seem very poor.  Longlife = s***, just like domestic bulbs.

Edited by camelspyyder

Guest BigJase88

Why does he care about how white his lights are?

When your driving you can't look at the front of the car and think hmmm need more white.

Have you any experience with these?

Hids direct do a similar kit, i messaged them with a few questions, they messaged me back saying they wont put out a usable beam pattern, they just look good from the outside

Those Lumileds look very interesting I'd imagine they'd be quite good being made by Philips.

I'd love to see them in action but can't justify spending £117 on bulbs though.

It all depends how they behave inside a particular headlamp.

Certainly doesnt lolk like it emits 360 degrees of light to me

It all depends how they behave inside a particular headlamp.

Certainly doesnt lolk like it emits 360 degrees of light to me

Maybe you are right but maybe your wrong, like I said I'd like to see them  in action first before parting with my money. If they were a cheap generic Chinese brand then I'd be very skeptical but as they are made by Philips you'd have to think they have put the necessary R&D into it especially as they are charging a small fortune for it.

Defiantly very interesting though. So....... Who's going to be test Guinea Pig then??

Here's an interesting read of some fitted to a Civic. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/horizon-leds/184522-horizonleds-co-uk-h7-philips-lumileds-luxeon-headlight-kit-fitted.html

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a look at these, ref my LED thread in the Citigo forum... I'm going to have a chat with the company today, check some stuff, and if all is good then come the 28th or so I should be able to be a guinea pig!