What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Gotcha - sounds a bit like the Victoria pub at Coalville.

Might have to take a mosey up there to see what's what. Not that far away.

Yeah go for it.

Its not that massive, but on a nice evening theres a half decent turn out.

I only decided i was going at 7pm last night, so didny get there until 8pm, by the time id got my kit on, then pushed on abit to make some time.

So many were leaving tbh but i was on my own, so had a quick nosey n rode back.

Got overtaken by some right power rangers on the way back.

Howling past at about 120 in a 40. Really dont see the need...

Agh the power rangers on their pocket rockets - must have been a dry sunny evening if they came out ?

Bless em.

Did their leathers match the bike ? Was the girlfriend showing her trolleys above the jeans whilst perched on the back with matching protective paddock jacket ?

Agh the power rangers on their pocket rockets - must have been a dry sunny evening if they came out ?

Bless em.

Did their leathers match the bike ? Was the girlfriend showing her trolleys above the jeans whilst perched on the back with matching protective paddock jacket ?

Were you there?

Spot on description lol.

Really cant see the point. I reckon theyre looking at a 'dont drop the soap' charge if i was one of those undercover bikers last night.

Edit: btw. I still didnt feel the need to catch up, try n pull him off the bike n speak down to him like im an experienced traffic cop.

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

They spend all their hard earned on the bike and all the bolt on trinkets and matching gear they cant afford to properly kit out the trophy blond.

Lmao great post....

I know.

She should get on my bike instead

Ill look after her... :D

Was the girlfriend showing her trolleys above the jeans whilst perched on the back with matching protective paddock jacket ?

So true, lol. And they always look so comfortable, perched up there in the wind, on their tiny pillion pad, hanging on like a baby monkey to its mum.

• Like 2

Agree on the weight saving but with my lame skills on a bike the saving isn't noticed :D

When I fitted the lowboy system on my Street R you could feel the weight loss just sitting on the bike. Like everything else Triumph, the exhaust prices have increased significantly since then though - rrp then was £750 for the Street system, I paid £675 for mine (appropriate number, coincidentally). That was still a substantial amount of cash, but I've never regretted buying it - I would never have been happy with the twin can look, and it wasn't a huge amount more than a decent pair of twin cans anyway (and considerably cheaper than some options, like the ridiculously expensive Akrapovic, or even more outrageously priced, and ugly, Yoshis). Not sure I would've stretched to the £1100 asking price of the 1050 Speed system though.

So true, lol. And they always look so comfortable, perched up there in the wind, on their tiny pillion pad, hanging on like a baby monkey to its mum.

Great analogy - brilliant response. At least the monkey is clever enough not to climb on the back of the bike lol

Currently washing it

And im noticing the alarm keeps refusing to go into service mode more and more often.

Its a 13 year old alarm.

Might just get it removed for £100 before it has the chance to leave me stranded?

Currently washing it

And im noticing the alarm keeps refusing to go into service mode more and more often.

Its a 13 year old alarm.

Might just get it removed for £100 before it has the chance to leave me stranded?

Datatool, by any chance? Dunno if current ones are any better, but the old ones were more trouble than they're worth. My Speed Triple came with one, first thing I did was remove it (it's still in a box in the garage somewhere). Removal was an easy job on that though, just unplug it from the wiring loom connector.

Datatool, by any chance? Dunno if current ones are any better, but the old ones were more trouble than they're worth. My Speed Triple came with one, first thing I did was remove it (it's still in a box in the garage somewhere). Removal was an easy job on that though, just unplug it from the wiring loom connector.

Yup. System 3.

This came with it on too. I hate it. Never having a bike with one again.

If i knew how long i was keeping this, i could decide either way.

As it standa atm, i think i might be better off running the vfr for a while.

Not sure the alarm will last though.

Yup. System 3.

This came with it on too. I hate it. Never having a bike with one again.

If i knew how long i was keeping this, i could decide either way.

As it standa atm, i think i might be better off running the vfr for a while.

Not sure the alarm will last though.

I'd remove it, before it gives up and leaves you stranded somewhere. They're zero use for theft prevention anyway.

I'd remove it, before it gives up and leaves you stranded somewhere. They're zero use for theft prevention anyway.

Hmm i think i will mate. Im off in a couple of weeks so ill speak to the garage who put it in (ive got all the paperwork) and book it in.

I just hope they dont make a fluff up and bugger the bike, or leave any dodgey connections...