What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

4 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Cheers! 

Yanno what its like, boys and toys! Just keep tinkering don't you aha. Mainly on needlessly expensive bits like below! 

IMG_6024.thumb.JPG.6792a571ba67c919f145afd0f30c5949.JPGIMG_6025.thumb.JPG.a259fb787182207354540da0d469f346.JPG

It needs a steering damper really. The front end is proper flighty n gets abit out of shape on the undulating but complex A roads we have around here. I was going to get this sorted with an ohlins damper which popped up. Didnt jump on it though cos i needed the sat nav more (which i wasnt sure how or where to relocate) and i lost a mate in august due to his R1 antics, which put me off riding briefly. 

Sad about your mate.

My previous next door neighbour also lost his life on a bike.

Bikes are great fun but demand full on respect at all times.

Enjoy your bike. It looks great.

Just now, kevberlin said:

Sad about your mate.

My previous next door neighbour also lost his life on a bike.

Bikes are great fun but demand full on respect at all times.

Enjoy your bike. It looks great.

One of them isnt it bud, we all know we're taking extra risks. Especially when doing a million miles an hour. 

ta. You really should get out on that BM more though ;). 

Sorry about your mate fabiamk2SE.

Recently lost a club (not H-D) member on a ride out, I wasn't there so don't know what happened, sounds like a bit of a do though as the car involved caught fire and those on the rideout were not only doing what they could for him as well as rescuing the elderly couple in the involved car that had caught on fire!

Unfortunately despite the best efforts of the club members and the emergency services the guy died at the scene,

I don't really know any more details than that so no idea how the accident actually happened.

Really glad I wasn't on that particular ride! 

Thought I would update you guys on my recent Biking goings on...

So I sold my Summer Toy the Kawasaki ZX12R in September, Did about 1000 Miles on it and really enjoyed it but wanted something more modern and agile.

In October I upgraded my Work Bike/Daily Rider from a Kawasaki ER5 to a 2002 Yamaha FZS600 Fazer.

Yesterday after a 2 Month search I finally bought a replacement Bike for the ZX12R, I wanted a modern Litre Sportsbike and in the end it came down to 2 x Bikes....

A BMW S1000RR or Kawasaki ZX10R.

Well I viewed quite a few Bikes at various Dealerships around the UK but walked away for one reason or another...I have an OCD for One and then secondly when you are spending over £10K on a used Bike it has to be absolutely spot on!

In the end I opted for the Kawasaki and yesterday purchased a 2016 ZX10R KRT Edition with ABS, Managed to find a stunning 1 mature Owner from new example that has done only 3000 Miles and from a main Kawasaki Dealership. They supplied the Bike new and have done both Services and the Recall work on it so know the history of it, I couldn't fault the Bike at all and I got a great deal too so happy days.

Should be adequate with 200BHP/200KG :thumbup:

• Like 2

My cousin has gone for the ZX10r leaving BMW for good due to reliability and costs so looks you made a good choice. He’s had a few ZX14's in the past and reckons the ZX10’s are just as comfortable for distance, which I found hard to believe. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CWARD said:

My cousin has gone for the ZX10r leaving BMW for good due to reliability and costs so looks you made a good choice. He’s had a few ZX14's in the past and reckons the ZX10’s are just as comfortable for distance, which I found hard to believe. 

Well I actually had the pleasure of a 2018 KRT ZX10R for a Week from Chris Walker Kawasaki in August which made my decision easier.

My ZX12R required some Warranty Work and there was a delay getting parts so he kindly loaned me a Bike.

My friend also purchased a Brand New ZX10R from him earlier this Year too.

Needless to say I was blown away with the Bike! Also my friend rates his ZX10R highly and he has already owned a BMW S1000RR a few Years back.

The appeal with the BMW was the 24Month Warranty BMW offer on approved used Bikes. However every Bike I viewed was let down condition wise.

I knew deep down that it was always going to be a ZX10R but wanted another option and as I don’t like the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, The Suzuki GSXR1000 has average build quality and old Technology, The Yamaha R1 I only like upto 2014.

The BMW was my only other option.

Yes I am happy with my decision, Have a few small upgrades planned for the Bike and look forward to Spring 2019 when I can begin to enjoy it!

On 26/11/2018 at 22:18, Prykey said:

Sorry about your mate fabiamk2SE.

Recently lost a club (not H-D) member on a ride out, I wasn't there so don't know what happened, sounds like a bit of a do though as the car involved caught fire and those on the rideout were not only doing what they could for him as well as rescuing the elderly couple in the involved car that had caught on fire!

Unfortunately despite the best efforts of the club members and the emergency services the guy died at the scene,

I don't really know any more details than that so no idea how the accident actually happened.

Really glad I wasn't on that particular ride! 

Ta. 

Jesus mate, thats abit grim. Sort of hope it wasnt the elderly drivers fault though, as they're the surviving ones, living with that would be horrible. 

My mate was unfortunately doing the speed of sound on his big bang R1 on a local A road we know well. As the road goes to the left over a brow he lost it and ended up plowing into a motorhome. Bits of bike found ages away, engine on fire n that. Very sad day. Especially for his wife n young daughter.. and his mate that was following when it all unfolded. 

He actually overtook my brother about 10 minutes before. Brother didnt realise who it was but said he's gonna kill himself riding that fast, to his passenger, as the R1 was wide open doing a 4 car overtake at well over 100. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bonelorry said:

Well I actually had the pleasure of a 2018 KRT ZX10R for a Week from Chris Walker Kawasaki in August which made my decision easier.

My ZX12R required some Warranty Work and there was a delay getting parts so he kindly loaned me a Bike.

My friend also purchased a Brand New ZX10R from him earlier this Year too.

Needless to say I was blown away with the Bike! Also my friend rates his ZX10R highly and he has already owned a BMW S1000RR a few Years back.

The appeal with the BMW was the 24Month Warranty BMW offer on approved used Bikes. However every Bike I viewed was let down condition wise.

I knew deep down that it was always going to be a ZX10R but wanted another option and as I don’t like the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, The Suzuki GSXR1000 has average build quality and old Technology, The Yamaha R1 I only like upto 2014.

The BMW was my only other option.

Yes I am happy with my decision, Have a few small upgrades planned for the Bike and look forward to Spring 2019 when I can begin to enjoy it!

Good effort that man. 

Also with there being a new SRR out next year (which i think looks massively orgasmic) would you of been content with having the old model after such a short period. 

Love the ZX10R. Should be plenty of poke to be going on with, use it wisely! 

What are the upgrades then? i like upgrades 

7 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Ta. 

Jesus mate, thats abit grim. Sort of hope it wasnt the elderly drivers fault though, as they're the surviving ones, living with that would be horrible. 

My mate was unfortunately doing the speed of sound on his big bang R1 on a local A road we know well. As the road goes to the left over a brow he lost it and ended up plowing into a motorhome. Bits of bike found ages away, engine on fire n that. Very sad day. Especially for his wife n young daughter.. and his mate that was following when it all unfolded. 

He actually overtook my brother about 10 minutes before. Brother didnt realise who it was but said he's gonna kill himself riding that fast, to his passenger, as the R1 was wide open doing a 4 car overtake at well over 100. 

Yes, I'm really glad that I wasn't there TBPH mate, all sounds a bit nasty, the guy was an IAM Observer so pretty well trained, but that counts for nothing if you are taken out! 

I still don't know what happened, and part of me doesn't really want to know, your mate sounds like a classic mad moment that I guess we are all guilty of, they normally end ok, but there is always the chance that it could end in tears. I've slowed down a lot since my days of Honda Blackbirds, you'd be suicidal to go mad on the Electraglide and the Tiger 800 also helps keeps me sensible, I'd rather take 10-minutes longer to get there now TBH, when I rode the Harley to the Czech Republic and back in July my partner could only rest when I'd checked in at the end of each days ride so I know that it worries her, however its what I like to do and its part of me so whilst I still enjoy it I'll keep twisting that throttle (unless cruise control is engaged). Just booked accommodation in Faaker See Austria for European Bike Week in September next year :biggrin: :thumbup:.

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Prykey said:

Yes, I'm really glad that I wasn't there TBPH mate, all sounds a bit nasty, the guy was an IAM Observer so pretty well trained, but that counts for nothing if you are taken out! 

I still don't know what happened, and part of me doesn't really want to know, your mate sounds like a classic mad moment that I guess we are all guilty of, they normally end ok, but there is always the chance that it could end in tears. I've slowed down a lot since my days of Honda Blackbirds, you'd be suicidal to go mad on the Electraglide and the Tiger 800 also helps keeps me sensible, I'd rather take 10-minutes longer to get there now TBH, when I rode the Harley to the Czech Republic and back in July my partner could only rest when I'd checked in at the end of each days ride so I know that it worries her, however its what I like to do and its part of me so whilst I still enjoy it I'll keep twisting that throttle (unless cruise control is engaged). Just booked accommodation in Faaker See Austria for European Bike Week in September next year :biggrin: :thumbup:.

See, i like to know whats happened. Makes me head feel better when it all makes sense. Maybe im strange :D  

yeah bike choice makes a massive difference doesnt it. Always said it was a bad idea buying an R1. He crashed his 675 daytona last year cos a car was turning right and he tried to get past it before it got to the junction and failed. Complete nut case, but a really nice bloke when not on wheels. 

Bet riding a bike like the electraglide doesnt make you even feel like going fast anyway, just happy relaxing? 

Thats my attitude towards it too. Swmbo doesnt like it, esp after this summer, but if you’re half sensible riding and enjoy doing it, cant stop can you :D  

you’ll be lookin forward to that already then :D  soundd ace

• Like 1

Had the 12-month/6k miles service done on the Tiger (its only done 1314-miles), very happy with Triumph East London who asked me to take it back for them to investigate a slight oil leak to be fixed under warranty!

All ready for my Toy Run on Saturday :biggrin:

Need to think of a little jaunt over to Europe to give it some exercise.

Actually got out for a ride, at last I am back in the same country as my bikes :biggrin:

Next years Bladebusters Euro trip planning has begun in earnest, With Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Back to Austria, Munich and the Rammstein gig in the Olympia Stadium (tickets already procured) and then a blast home in time for tea and medals.

I've done a bit of farkling on my Turban with a shock change and have to fit my new fork springs and set that up. I've also fitted a full ventureshield kit to the GSA, which looks pretty good, I'm getting to be a dab hand at that stuff.

gstank.jpg

gstank2.jpg

Edited by fluffmeister

28 minutes ago, fluffmeister said:

Actually got out for a ride, at last I am back in the same country as my bikes :biggrin:

Next years Bladebusters Euro trip planning has begun in earnest, With Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Back to Austria, Munich and the Rammstein gig in the Olympia Stadium (tickets already procured) and then a blast home in time for tea and medals.

I've done a bit of farkling on my Turban with a shock change and have to fit my new fork springs and set that up. I've also fitted a full ventureshield kit to the GSA, which looks pretty good, I'm getting to be a dab hand at that stuff.

gstank.jpg

gstank2.jpg

That sounds ace. Proper run out. 

Have you seen Rammstein before? i believe they put on quite a show... 

Shield looks good, glossy. 

Have you any thoughts on the 1250gs? 

21 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Good effort that man. 

Also with there being a new SRR out next year (which i think looks massively orgasmic) would you of been content with having the old model after such a short period. 

Love the ZX10R. Should be plenty of poke to be going on with, use it wisely! 

What are the upgrades then? i like upgrades 

Cheers,

Well it didn't bother me too much about the 2019 S1000RR, I know it will be a phenomenal Bike but I had a good look at One at the NEC Bike Show last Week and didn't like the styling. I actually prefer the look of the Gen 1/2 & 3 Bikes personally.

I have been around Bikes now for 20 Years and don't worry the ZX10R will be treat with respect, Even coming from the ZX12R I know its a different animal so will be taking my time to get to know it properly.

As others have said I am sorry to hear you have lost a friend, I too lost a friend back in 2005 May Bank Holiday who came back to Biking after a long break and bought a Suzuki GSXR1100N. I was actually out with him when it happened and earlier in the day his exact words to me at the Petrol Station where....."This Bike is mental and I need to take it steady or I will end up in a box" Well the latter happened. Too much speed into a corner, He Braked and the Bike stood up which is a GSXR1100 Trait and he went straight on and hit a Stone Wall, Died on Scene. He was due to get married the Weekend after aswell!

Back to the ZX10R, The Bike is currently totally standard and I don't want to go too far but prefer purposeful upgrades...

Genuine Kawasaki Pillion Seat Cover

Puig Light Smoke Double Bubble Screen

Evotech Tail Tidy but retaining OEM Indicators

R&G Swinging Arm Paddock Stand Bobbins

Akrapovic Carbon Slip-On Can, Larger BSB Style

R&G Exhaust Hanger & Blanking Plate which will remove the Pillion Footpegs

Possibly some R&G Protection, Fork, Rad Guard etc

A few reviews I watched particularly the MCN Long Term One have said that the Front Brakes can feel a bit wooden particularly on Bikes equipped with ABS, I personally found the Brakes where phenomenal on the Bike I had on loan but that fitting some Sintered Pads can help with that initial Bite apparently so might look at what Pads people recommend on the Owners Club for Road Use.

It currently has some Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's fitted which have a bit of life left in them, They have not been hammered by any means with no bobbling and they are still rounded but you can't beat fresh rubber so I might consider fitting a fresh Pair of Tyres before putting it on the road next Spring.

34 minutes ago, bonelorry said:

Cheers,

Well it didn't bother me too much about the 2019 S1000RR, I know it will be a phenomenal Bike but I had a good look at One at the NEC Bike Show last Week and didn't like the styling. I actually prefer the look of the Gen 1/2 & 3 Bikes personally.

I have been around Bikes now for 20 Years and don't worry the ZX10R will be treat with respect, Even coming from the ZX12R I know its a different animal so will be taking my time to get to know it properly.

As others have said I am sorry to hear you have lost a friend, I too lost a friend back in 2005 May Bank Holiday who came back to Biking after a long break and bought a Suzuki GSXR1100N. I was actually out with him when it happened and earlier in the day his exact words to me at the Petrol Station where....."This Bike is mental and I need to take it steady or I will end up in a box" Well the latter happened. Too much speed into a corner, He Braked and the Bike stood up which is a GSXR1100 Trait and he went straight on and hit a Stone Wall, Died on Scene. He was due to get married the Weekend after aswell!

Back to the ZX10R, The Bike is currently totally standard and I don't want to go too far but prefer purposeful upgrades...

Genuine Kawasaki Pillion Seat Cover

Puig Light Smoke Double Bubble Screen

Evotech Tail Tidy but retaining OEM Indicators

R&G Swinging Arm Paddock Stand Bobbins

Akrapovic Carbon Slip-On Can, Larger BSB Style

R&G Exhaust Hanger & Blanking Plate which will remove the Pillion Footpegs

Possibly some R&G Protection, Fork, Rad Guard etc

A few reviews I watched particularly the MCN Long Term One have said that the Front Brakes can feel a bit wooden particularly on Bikes equipped with ABS, I personally found the Brakes where phenomenal on the Bike I had on loan but that fitting some Sintered Pads can help with that initial Bite apparently so might look at what Pads people recommend on the Owners Club for Road Use.

It currently has some Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's fitted which have a bit of life left in them, They have not been hammered by any means with no bobbling and they are still rounded but you can't beat fresh rubber so I might consider fitting a fresh Pair of Tyres before putting it on the road next Spring.

That always helps if you dont like the new model. Wish i didnt like so many bikes haha. 

Bugger, before his wedding weekend too. Gutted. Poor chap. :(. Grabbing a bunch of brakes when you're going too quick on a bend is so easy to do isn't it. Just a natural reaction. 

Good spec list. Would you need to get the Akra slip on mapped in? or is it one of those 'just gain a few bhp if you do'. 

I'd bin those supercorsas straight way. Awful when they're cold aren't they. I'd personally put something on abit more user friendly, but having said that, people seem to love them when they're up to temperature.  

4 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

That always helps if you dont like the new model. Wish i didnt like so many bikes haha. 

Bugger, before his wedding weekend too. Gutted. Poor chap. :(. Grabbing a bunch of brakes when you're going too quick on a bend is so easy to do isn't it. Just a natural reaction. 

Good spec list. Would you need to get the Akra slip on mapped in? or is it one of those 'just gain a few bhp if you do'. 

I'd bin those supercorsas straight way. Awful when they're cold aren't they. I'd personally put something on abit more user friendly, but having said that, people seem to love them when they're up to temperature.  

Well the ZX10R's come on Bridgestone RS10's from the Factory which where on the Bike I rode and they seemed OK, Metzeler Sportec M7RR get decent reviews too so maybe try a set of those?

The Akra Slip-On is actually something you can spec on a new ZX10R, It comes standard on the Performance Edition Bikes and as such requires no Mapping or Fuelling alterations and it will not affect my Warranty either. Its if you replace the Link-Pipe which Removes the Cat and Exhaust Valve then you have to get the Bike Remapped.

My friends 2018 Bike which he bought from Chris Walker earlier this Year has the Akra Can and De-Cat Link Pipe plus a Rapid Bike Piggy Back ECU, Supposed to be an additional 15BHP Peak and makes over 20BHP more in Mid-Range over a stock Bike. Plus it has the Autoblipper and Quickshifter on Down-Changes enabled.

Something to consider on mine in the future if I wish to do so but for now I will just fit a Slip-On Can :)

3 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

That sounds ace. Proper run out. 

Have you seen Rammstein before? i believe they put on quite a show... 

Shield looks good, glossy. 

Have you any thoughts on the 1250gs? 

I have mate

I will leave others to Beta test it, I was not going to change my GSA, but the dealer offered me a superb deal on the last of their 1200 GSA Rallye's with everything on it for less than the price of a bog standard GS.

I've seen the new 1250GSA in the flesh, and even though my GSA is a bit of a ten pinter to look at, the 1250 looks to have fallen out of the ugly tree and hit a few extra branches on the way down.

I still love Boxer engines though, and I reckon this "last" of the 1200's is about as good as it gets for now. I've never felt it to be under powered, I can "ride" :biggrin::biggrin: and how much power do you need in an "adventure" bike.

Rammstein, I'm a Rammstein Junkie, seen them in Berlin, Manchester, Birmingham, and Moscow....Anyone who can sing, whilst on fire.....well, they get my vote 

On 29/11/2018 at 17:32, fluffmeister said:

I have mate

I will leave others to Beta test it, I was not going to change my GSA, but the dealer offered me a superb deal on the last of their 1200 GSA Rallye's with everything on it for less than the price of a bog standard GS.

I've seen the new 1250GSA in the flesh, and even though my GSA is a bit of a ten pinter to look at, the 1250 looks to have fallen out of the ugly tree and hit a few extra branches on the way down.

I still love Boxer engines though, and I reckon this "last" of the 1200's is about as good as it gets for now. I've never felt it to be under powered, I can "ride" :biggrin::biggrin: and how much power do you need in an "adventure" bike.

Rammstein, I'm a Rammstein Junkie, seen them in Berlin, Manchester, Birmingham, and Moscow....Anyone who can sing, whilst on fire.....well, they get my vote 

Yeah :D never quite know what the problems will be on the first ones do you :D  

sounds like you got a bargain. I agree youll have the best one, all the problems of the WC engine ironed out and sorted before they start the process again :D. I love the Rallye colours, dont particularly think any of them are that good looking tbh, i see them as a sort of swiss army knife of the biking world. Proper tool of a thing. Dad still loves his twin cam GSA,  looking for a second smaller bike for sunday runs but cant bring himself to rid the GSA cos its so good on the big trips.  

Oh it gets my vote too. Proper nuts. Never seen them live but bro has in manchester about 6 years ago. Met his mrs there too which is possibly the scariest thing... :D 

He's still getting used to it and as it's been wet all week he's got the settings all turned down for the power and traction control up. It is a nice looking bike and the green is really nice.

• Like 1

Took delivery of the ZX10R last Thursday and after a thorough inspection prior to signing the paperwork I put on a few goodies, I fitted a Puig Light Smoke Double Bubble Screen, Genuine Kawasaki Pillion Seat Cover and some R&G Paddock Stand Bobbins. Few more bits and bobs to fit as and when I buy them but for now its on the Optimiser under cover in the garage.

46163372122_75ebe47de4_c.jpg

46214056041_8a1cd6e54c_c.jpg

46214056081_cc38bcfc78_c.jpg

• Like 2